Device: KT4 5.13.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Many thanks.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:23 AM   #257
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Unresponsive ISBNs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle7en View Post
I always get this message; "calibre, version 5.9.0
Library Codes: Nothing Updated For Any Books, But There Were No Errors. Visit: http://classify.oclc.org/classify2/" when I'm scanning for LCC/DDC/FAST tags for books with valid ISBN's. Is there any particular reason for that ? I already do have the #lcc #ddc #fast columns present fyi. Any help is welcome! Thank you for the tool @DaltonST !
[1] Sounds like your ISBNs are unresponsive. There is a LC Menu Item for helping to find alternative ISBNs for unresponsive ones. Read the Menu ToolTips by hovering your mouse over it (before tearing it off).

[2] Run Calibre from the command line using "calibre-debug -g" (in C:\Program Files\Calibre2\), and then run LC for some of your "valid ISBNs" to view the resulting debugging log, which is quite detailed.

Good luck.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:02 AM   #258
sle7en
sle7en began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10 PC + iPhone 11 & 8 + iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
[1] Sounds like your ISBNs are unresponsive. There is a LC Menu Item for helping to find alternative ISBNs for unresponsive ones. Read the Menu ToolTips by hovering your mouse over it (before tearing it off).

[2] Run Calibre from the command line using "calibre-debug -g" (in C:\Program Files\Calibre2\), and then run LC for some of your "valid ISBNs" to view the resulting debugging log, which is quite detailed.

Good luck.

DaltonST
Thanks for the help Dalton! I got it to work without going to the command line. Sometimes it needs to derive the OCLC identifiers first but it's working now. Quite happy with this.
sle7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:13 AM   #259
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Just to let you know that, following a 2018 tip on the GoodReads Sync plugin thread (#1159), there might be some incompatibility between Library Codes & the GR Sync plugins. Both that user and I had problems syncing shelves from GR to Calibre, but the problem instantly resolved itself when Library Codes was uninstalled. I realise that's not concrete proof, but might be worth a look?
Old 01-27-2021, 12:00 PM   #260
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Self-inflicted. You cannot run other plugins in the background after simultaneously executing LC, which runs in the foreground.

"Uninstalling" just disallows doing the above.

Obviously the thing in common between the two plugins is metadata.db, which is the source of the conflict. Run LC by itself, with no other background jobs running if you have any problems. If any arise, simply restart Calibre to clear any conflicts, then pick either LC or the other plugin to run, but not both simultaneously.

DaltonST
Old 01-27-2021, 06:58 PM   #261
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Run LC by itself, with no other background jobs running if you have any problems. If any arise, simply restart Calibre to clear any conflicts, then pick either LC or the other plugin to run, but not both simultaneously.

DaltonST
Thanks.
Old 03-06-2021, 10:41 AM   #262
echoui
echoui began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
SQLError: no such table:custom_columns

Hi Dalton,

Hope my question hasn't been posted before, I haven't found any reference to this issue. I just installed your LC plugin, thanks for your work! I'm looking to use it to derive DDC codes from ISBN, and then map them to genres in another custom column. I followed the instructions from the tooltip and created a custom #ddc column as text (not tag-like) and enabled the ddc option in the plugin settings. I then tried to derive ddc from ISBN for single books, trying a few to make sure the problem wasn't with a particular ISBN. I always get the following error:

calibre, version 5.12.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>SQLError</b>:SQLError: no such table: custom_columns

calibre 5.12 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: fr
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 36, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 36, 0) && Clean Comments (0, 1, 0) && Clean Metadata (0, 0, 6) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 0, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 5) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Goodreads_Rating (3, 1, 0) && Import List (1, 5, 4) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 36, 0) && KFX Input (1, 36, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 12, 3) && Library Codes (1, 0, 50) && Quality Check (1, 11, 0) && Reading List (1, 7, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 305, in derive_from_isbn_issn
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 398, in derive_all_library_codes_control
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 444, in populate_ddc_lcc_oclc_using_classify_api
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 921, in get_isbn_identifiers_for_selected_books
apsw.SQLError: SQLError: no such table: custom_columns

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or of things I could try to fix this issue? I have other custom columns in my library and they are working fine. Why would the associated table not be found? Do you think it's an access problem? I have a CALIBRE_OVERRIDE_DATABASE_PATH environment variable configured so that my actual books are on a different disk than my metadata.db. Is this the culprit?
echoui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:29 AM   #263
Boutoo
Boutoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi,

Thank you for the Plugin!

However, I have a simple (I think) need & equally simple instructions to acheive my desire:

I would like my books categorised in the same way as in a real library. I'm oldish & set in my ways + if possible, it would make books easier to find (for me).

I managed to read, but not fully understand the first 5 pages of this thread & then gave up, my bad if the instructions are already somewhere I didn't look.

I can follow "go to X > Y & input blah blah" type instructions, but have a very serious blindspot when it comes to anything more complex to do with PCs. Not daft, just studied other things.

Pretty please help me.

Many thanks
Boutoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 09:04 AM   #264
albell
albell began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox N96ML
Hi,
your plugin is simply awesome! Thank you so much

However I'm trying to change the .csv file for Genre mappping, I'd like to use the French version posted above, but I get always an error warning:
Here are the details:

calibre, version 5.15.0
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 3047, in import_csv_file
_csv.Error: iterator should return strings, not bytes (did you open the file in text mode?)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 3004, in import_csv_mappings
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 3060, in import_csv_file
File "calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 395, in error_dialog
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\message_box.py", line 103, in __init__
TypeError: QLabel.setText(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'Error'

Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you!
A
albell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 02:58 PM   #265
xvicarious
xvicarious began at the beginning.

Device: KindlePW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by albell View Post
Hi,
your plugin is simply awesome! Thank you so much

However I'm trying to change the .csv file for Genre mappping, I'd like to use the French version posted above, but I get always an error warning:
Here are the details:

calibre, version 5.15.0
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 3047, in import_csv_file
_csv.Error: iterator should return strings, not bytes (did you open the file in text mode?)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 3004, in import_csv_mappings
File "calibre_plugins.library_codes.ui", line 3060, in import_csv_file
File "calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 395, in error_dialog
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\message_box.py", line 103, in __init__
TypeError: QLabel.setText(): argument 1 has unexpected type 'Error'

Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you!
A
It is opening the CSV as a binary file. I don't *think* it should be doing that. Odd error to make, unless something changed between versions of Python. It probably had something to do with UTF. On `ui.py#L3045` the `'rb'` should probably be changed to `'r'`. I'll test that out.
xvicarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 08:37 PM   #266
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvicarious View Post
It is opening the CSV as a binary file. I don't *think* it should be doing that. Odd error to make, unless something changed between versions of Python. It probably had something to do with UTF. On `ui.py#L3045` the `'rb'` should probably be changed to `'r'`. I'll test that out.
It probably was related to changes between Python 2 and 3. I remember tripping over a couple of things like this during the migration process.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 12:51 PM   #267
xvicarious
xvicarious began at the beginning.

Device: KindlePW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It probably was related to changes between Python 2 and 3. I remember tripping over a couple of things like this during the migration process.
That makes perfect sense. I forgot about the whole Python 2 *thing*.
xvicarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #268
baris_a
baris_a began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Library codes not found

Hi,

I have been using the library codes for since last year and because I had to reinstall calibre in another machine I installed it on that machine but I am receiving this error.

calibre, version 5.34.0
ERROR: Derive Library Codes: No Active Library Codes.

I have manually installed the plugin as well as through regular path but both produced the same result.

I have searched for the error in this forum but could not locate it.

Any lead is appreciated thanks
Baris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no_active_code.png
Views:	118
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	191336  
baris_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 05:03 PM   #269
DaltonST
Deviser

Qt6 Compatibility Test Version

Qt6 compatibility. Minimum Calibre version 5.99.8.

Updated: 19 April 2022 to retrieve more data if possible by invoking a Classify API RC of 2 from an original 4. Thanks to SidJsn for finding a backdoor in the API.

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 07-11-2022 at 02:52 PM. Reason: New version using only Qt6 & Python 3; miscellany.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:51 PM   #270
DaltonST
Deviser

New version using only Qt6 & Python 3

New version using only Qt6 & Python 3 has been attached here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=25

DaltonST

Tags
ddc, dewey decimal, lcc, library of congress, oclc