Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-22-2021, 05:06 PM   #16
Hollow Man
Addict
Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hollow Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Air
Goal: Read. Just read.

Completed:
  • Randomize - Andy Weir
  • The Murder of Roger Ackroyd - Agatha Christie
  • Project Hail Mary - Andy Weir
  • Fire & Blood - George R. R. Martin
  • Cat Among the Pigeons - Agatha Christie
  • And Then There Were None - Agatha Christie
  • A Murder Is Announced - Agatha Christie
  • The Hellbound Heart - Clive Barker
  • The ABC Murders - Agatha Christie
  • Evil Under the Sun - Agatha Christie
  • Murder In Mesopotamia - Agatha Christie
  • Sleeping Murder - Agatha Christie
  • Burning Chrome - William Gibson
  • New Rose Hotel - William Gibson
  • The Gernsback Continuum - William Gibson
  • Liarmouth - John Waters
  • Troubled Blood - Robert Galbraith
  • Count Zero - William Gibson

Last edited by Hollow Man; 01-11-2023 at 04:33 PM.
Hollow Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:17 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've not yet decided what my challenge is but I'll figure it out.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 08:56 PM   #18
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
I would like to join.

My goals are to finish reading 5001 Nights at the Movies by Pauline Kael and The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.

Other than that my goals are to read ten books in French, 35 in English and maybe one in Spanish. This may change.

Completed goal to read one Spanish book in 2022. La Chica del tren, completed January 19. 1/5 I have read this twice in English, which meant I could skim over the banal, repetitive text - great for learning vocab in a new language though, but a turgid read.

January 2022
Short version: Finished 5 English books, 1 Spanish.

Long version:
Finished 5001 Nights at the Movies. 5/5 I actually finished this in December, so I need to take it off my goal list for this year. Source: Kindle store

Finished Women in Love by D.H. Lawrence. 4/5 Source: Project Gutenberg

And I just borrowed La Chica del Tren, which I have previously read a couple of times in English, so should be reasonably easy for me as my Spanish book - thought I would try and get that out of the way at the start of the year. Source: Overdrive
Just finished reading my very first Spanish book, on Jan 19, took me a long time, but I definitely became more fluent toward the end, looking up fewer words, etc. Next book will be in English and should be a breeze to finish after that.

Finished The Song of Achilles 2.5/5 on Jan 21, 2 days to read (from Overdrive) and also finished The Nice and the Good by Iris Murdoch on Jan 25, 3.5/5 (EPUB, owned).

Reading Isaac’s Storm by Erik Larson, borrowed from Overdrive but I forgot I previously bought it on Amazon so will convert to Kepub and see if my version’s formatting looks as good as the Overdrive one. - It did look almost the same, but I am probably not going to finish this one right now. I am not in the mood for his imaginative 'faction' at the moment. (Meaning, a supposedly factual book, but with so much supposition (regarding people, their motives, etc. that it is practically fiction.)

Reading Hallucinations by the late, great Oliver Sacks. Source: Overdrive NB. Abandoned as case studies too worrying for me at this time.

Reading The Amazing Spider-man compilation by dipping in and out between longer reads. Source: Kindle Unlimited free trial

Finished A Severed Head by Iris Murdoch, this was a reread. Source kindle store

Re-reading Candide, ou l'optimisme by Voltaire.
Also listening to this on Audible for the nth time.

February 2022
Short version: Finished 5 English books, 1 French book.

Long version:
Finished A Good Neighborhood by Therese Anne Fowler and wish I’d stopped at 80% when I knew it was going to go from bad to worse. It started quite promisingly as well. Disappointing. 2/5 Overdrive borrow.

Finished Le Meurtre de Roger Ackroyd by Agatha . One of my favorites to read and reread. 5/5

Finished (read the same day I finished the Agatha Christie above) Cosmic Puppets by Philip K. Dick, one of his I hadn’t read yet. Almost perfect. 4.5/5

And, also on same day, started reading The Collected Short Stories of Philip K. Dick, which has 3444 pages !!!!! (Bought on Kindle for only $3.99, which is insane, five volumes). And so, I will be reading this gradually, throughout the year. Also read a little of the Exegesis, which I started reading a couple of years ago.

Finished The Hobbit for the first time since I read it as a child. Blasted through it this time in two days. Really enjoyed it - so much more imaginative than the turgid movies. 4/5

Finished The Amazing Spider-man Epic Collection #18-38 by dipping in and out between longer reads. Source: Kindle Unlimited free trial

Reading The Lord of the Rings, currently halfway through, reading for the third time in my life, the other two times I have given up 100 pages from the end. I hope to make it all the way to the end this time, finally!

Finished The Fellowship of the Ring.
Finished The Two Towers.

March

Finished The Lord of the Rings, Return of the King
I finally finished it! Third time I’ve tried over my life. Wonderful. 5/5

Reading The Age of Movies: Selected Writings of Pauline Kael
Reading Therèse Raquin by Emile Zola in French - a reread as I love this book - started rereading it last month and broke off to read the Tolkien as it was not the right time for the grim Zola due to personal circumstances. But I think I will be able to return to it soon.

Finished American Dirt, an excellent novel about Central American migrants traveling to the U.S. 4/5 Overdrive borrow.

Finished Confessions of a Crap Artist by Philip K. Dick, one of my top authors. 4/5 Loved it, complex.

April

Completed Les Sept cadrans by Agatha Christie - French version of The Seven Dials Mystery - comfort reread.
All ebooks, will note if not an ebook.

Read Winston Churchill, Their Finest Hour, second volume of his World War 2 series. Kindle purchase.
Thèrese Raquin, French reread, loved it again.
Read The Judge's List by John Grisham, ho hum. Overdrive borrow.

May
The Unexpected Guest, Agatha Christie, novelization of a play, noticeably a lot less richly detailed than her usual books. Kindle purchase.
Read The Plot by Korelitz. Not as smart as it thought it was but quite entertaining I suppose. Overdrive borrow.

June
Reread Rebecca, by Daphne Du Maurier, still stunning. In bed with Covid, this helped.
Reread Henry and Cato by Iris Murdoch, exceptional as ever.
Read Ebert, The Great Movies, volume 2.

July

Reading Living on Paper, letters from Iris Murdoch, an actual hard back book. Which recommended La Peste, which I am now reading before coming back to this.

Reading La Peste by Camus, really enjoying it.

Halfway through the year, I have read at least 24 books, 1 of which Spanish, four of which French.
I’m sure I have read others but I have not been good at keeping records.
Just about on target.

The Woman in the Window by AJFinch. 2/5 Very silly, could see twist a mile off. But quite funny after watching the Netflix spoof as could picture that in my head. Overdrive borrow.

August
Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty. 4/5
Surprised by how well this was written. I have zero expectations of modern books but I wanted easy books to get me back into reading more again. This is a good'un.
Truly, Madly, Guilty.
What Alice Forgot.
Big Little Lies. All by Liane Moriarty. Excellent books, and very interesting to read modern books set in Australia.
All Overdrive borrows.

Purchased and started reading the Satanic Verses after Salman was horribly attacked.

September
Started reading the notebooks of Leonardo da Vinci. Free on Project Gutenberg, but no illustrations.
Started reading the Natural History of Pliny. Free on Project Gutenberg.
Read an excellent book of essays, Inventing the Enemy, by the late lamented by me Umberto Eco. Purchased on kindle.
Started reading Leonardo da Vinci by Walter Isaacson and am going to finish this after Christmas, when I get my new Kindle Scribe, so I can have a really good look at all the notebook pages, etc. Purchased on kindle.
Currently rereading A Place of Greater Safety by the sadly recently late and much lamented Hilary Mantel.
Started reading Héloise by Rousseau

October

Reading Travels in Hyperrealities by Umberto Eco, scintillating essays, bought on kindle.

Back to comfort reading due to lowered attention span.
The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. 3/5
Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty. 4/5 V good, this one.
Argent Sale by *shudder* Lee Child and *shudder* Karin Slaughter. Utterly appalling book, plus a con as only 100 pages, with the last THIRD taken up by an 'exclusive extract'. The most boring *thriller* I’ve ever read. I only read this to get one of my ten books in the French language for this year, as I’ve fallen behind. My first full read on my new Kobo Clara 2E which I got as my local library has just started to provide French books on loan! A small collection as yet, hence my picking this travesty. (Argent Sale = Dirty Money) 0/5, but 5/5 to both authors for becoming millionaires by writing this utter dross.
All overdrive borrows.

November and December.

Finished the year with lots of comfort rereads:

Completed:

The Last Anniversary by Laine Moriarty

Harry Potter Books 1-5.

Abandoned:

Blonde French edition by Joyce Carol Oates, excellent but became far too depressing to continue with.

Read a lot of wonderful Umberto Eco essays this year. Can’t remember the name of the last one I read right now.

I did a lot of reading of essays here and there which is not recorded here. My list of books here sounds pretty dumb and I don’t think I’ll do this next year.
For example, I have a huge book of every short story Philip K Dick ever wrote, and I have no intention of reading it cover to cover, nor do I want to feel I am failing at something by dipping in and out of books.

Goodbye to 2022 (It's December 31).

Last edited by Pjama; 12-31-2022 at 12:47 PM.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:49 PM   #19
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)

FORMAT - Full Year to Date as of 12/20/2022
Audio: 27 (63%)
E-Book: 116 (83%)
Mass Market Paperback: 32 (17%)
Trade Paperback: 5 (3%)
Hardcover: 4 (2%)

Read per acquired
PURCHASED - 97, 53%
FREE OR SUBSCRIPTION - 87, 47%

RATING SYSTEM - Star System
1 (1%)
1.5 (0%)
2 (3%)
2.5 (1%)
3 (25%)
3.5 (4%)
4 (45%)
4.5 (4%)
5 (16%)

Books Read: 12
  • Pages: 3,481
  • Re-Reads: 1
  • 2022 Money Spent (Bought E-Books, Books, Audio):
  • 2022 Monthly Service Fees:
  • Store Sources of READ Books: 25% Purchase, 75% Free
    Amazon 83%, Audible 17%
  • Series Versus Standalone:

Publisher Breakdown:
  • Self-Published: 31%
  • Small Press: City Owl Press 1%; Crystal Lake Publishing 1%; Flametree Press; Less Than Three 1%;
  • Large Publishing Houses: Ace 9%, Audible 1%, Avon 2%; Ballantine 2%, Bantam 1%; Berkeley 1%, Doubleday 1%; Fawcett 1%; Dutton 1%; Grand Central 3%, Hatchett 1%; Hard Case Crime 1%; Harper Collins 3%; Kensington 3%; Little Brown Group 3%; Macmillan 2%; NAL - New American Library 1%; Orbit 1%; Penguin 6%; Pocket 5%; Quirk 1%; Scholastic 2%; Scribner S&S 2%; Signet 2%; S&S 2%, St Martin 1%; Titan Books 3%; TOR 3%; Valancourt 1%; Viking 3%; William Morrow 2%
  • Other - 3%

Services Progress
  • Kindle Unlimited: 50
  • Audible:
    LIBRARY - 15

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL READING STAT TRACKING
  • Time Period - Contemporary - 78%, Historical 10%; Future 4%; Retro 8%
  • Gender Ratio
Author Gender: Male - 17%; Female - 83%; Both: 0%
Protagonist Gender: Male - 17%; Female - 75%; Ensemble - 8%
  • Diversity - 0%
  • Country Settings
    United States - 100%
    United States (for states known): 33% Florida, 67% Texas
  • Age Group Settings - Adult 100%

GENRE DETAILS
  • Primary Genre Category (Sub-Genre not included)
    Action/Adventure 1%; Drama 1%; Romance 18%; Mystery 9%; Urban Fantasy 64%
  • Creature *1 per book, main creature* (only for certain books where this applies) - Dragon 11%; Fae 22%; Magic 22%; Shapeshifter 11%; Vampire 33%
  • Romance Books - Romance Type

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author-Specific Goals
Spoiler:
  • Jonathan Kellerman
  • Ronald Kelly
  • Erle Stanley Gardner
  • Stephen King
  • Robin Cook
  • Michael Crichton
  • Lisa Gardner
  • Simon Clark
  • Ramsey Campbell
  • Stuart Woods
  • Jack Ketchum
  • F. Paul Wilson
  • Robert McCammon
  • John D. MacDonald
  • Dean Koontz
  • Agatha Christie
  • Nelson DeMille
  • Harlan Coben
  • Lee Child
  • Lincoln Childs
  • Mary Higgins Clark
  • Paul Cleave
  • Paul Tremberly
  • Michael Connelly
  • Patricia Cornwell
  • Catherine Coulter
  • Sue Grafton
  • Heather Graham
  • Tami Hoag
  • Lisa Jackson
  • J.A. Jance
  • Iris Johansen
  • Faye Kellerman
  • Karin Slaughter

Other
  • Read a lot of book closet storage to clear out

Months
Spoiler:

January
Total Read Count: 12
Kindle Unlimited: 10
Scribd: 0
Audio: 2
E-Book: 10
Paperback:0
Hardcover: 0
Series: 11
Spoiler:

Heart of Lies
Dolores Clairborne
Black Truth,White Lies
Deadly Knight
Three Dog Knight
Wild Knight
Dragon Ever After
Bounty Collected
Bounty Claimed
Rogue Alpha
The Case of the Damaged Detective
And Then There Were Crumbs

February
Total Read Count: 0
Kindle Unlimited: 0
Audio: 0
E-Book: 0
Series: 0
Spoiler:

March
Spoiler:

April
Spoiler:

May
Spoiler:

June
Total Read Count:
Total Page Count:
$$$ Money for books bought this month, not books read, and services:
Kindle Unlimited:
Scribd:
Audio:
E-Book:
Paperback:
Hardcover:
Series
Spoiler:

July
Total Read Count:
Total Page Count:
Kindle Unlimited:
Scribd:
Audio:
E-Book:
Paperback:
Hardcover:
Series
Spoiler:

August
Total Read Count:
Total Page Count:
Kindle Unlimited:
Scribd:
Audio:
E-Book:
Paperback:
Hardcover:
Series
Spoiler:

September
Total Read Count:
Total Page Count:
Kindle Unlimited:
Scribd:
Audio:
E-Book:
Paperback:
Hardcover:
Series
Spoiler:

October
Total Read Count:
Total Page Count:
Kindle Unlimited:
Scribd:
Audio:
E-Book:
Paperback:
Hardcover:
Series
Spoiler:

November
Total Read Count:
Total Page Count:
Kindle Unlimited:
Scribd:
Audio:
E-Book:
Paperback:
Hardcover:
Series
Spoiler:

December
Total Read Count:
Total Page Count:
Kindle Unlimited:
Scribd:
Audio:
E-Book:
Paperback:
Hardcover:
Series
Spoiler:

Last edited by Paperbackstash; 12-20-2022 at 12:53 PM.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 12:43 AM   #20
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
2022 Goals

24,000 pages: 22,502 FAIL!
Ebooks - TBR Reduced by 10; Current: +137 FAIL!
Audiobooks - TBR Reduced by 10; Current +190 FAIL!
Magazines - TBR Reduced by 10; Current 0 FAIL!
Book over 600 pages - Current 1 Goal Met!

2022 Purchases Read:
Bought: 374 Read: 24
Free: 61 Read: 1

Spoiler:

January
1. Grass - Sheri S Tepper $2.13
2. Desperate Housedogs - Sparkle Abbey $1.06
3. The Absent One - Jussi Adler Olsen $2.13
4. The Very Best of the Best - Gardner Dezois $2.13
5. Cecelia and Kate Novels - Patricia Wrede & Caroline Stevermere $3.20
6. Saving Time - Jodi Taylor (ebook + audio) $1.06 + FREE
February
7. Greenworld - B V Larson $1.50
8. Green World - B V Larsen (audio) $8.50
9. The Emperor's Soul - Brandon Sanderson $1.07
10. The Best Thing You Can Steal - Simon Green $2.13
11. Hothouse - Brian W Aldiss $2.13
12. A Conspiracy of Faith - Jussi Adler-Olsen $2.13
13. Dawnshard - Brandon Sanderson $1.71
14. Another Time, Another Place - Jodi Taylor $1.06
March
15. Murder on the Orient Elite (audio) $2.13
16. Project Hail Mary - Andy Weir (audio) $4.49
17. Ice World - B V Larson (audio) $6.75
18. Edge World - B V Larson (audio) $6.00
19. The October Man - Ben Aaronovitch (audio) $4.06
20. The Further Station - Ben Aaronovitch (audio) $3.15
21. The Way of Shadows - Brent Weeks (audio) $5.25
22. Shadows Edge - Brent Weeks (audio) $5.25
23. Perfect Shadow - Brent Weeks (audio) $2.84
24. Ticktock - Dean Koontz (audio) $3.74
25. The Silent Service in WW2 - various (audio) $3.74
26. Pretty is as Pretty Dies - Elizabeth Span Craig (audio) $7.49
27. Best Horror of the Year - Ellen Datlow ed. (audio) $3.47
28. The Secret Book and Scone Club - Ellery Adams (audio) $5.25
29. A Murderous Ride - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.95
30. Death of a Ladies Man - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.45
31. Drop Dead Gorgeous - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.45
32. Murder in an English Glade - Jessica Elliot (audio) $3.67
33. Murder Cuts the Mustard - Jessica Elliot (audio) $3.67
34. Murder Comes To Call - Jessica Elliot (audio) $3.67
35. The Toast of Time - Jodi Taylor (audio) $7.09
36. The Guy Who Died Twice - Lisa Gardner (audio) $3.00
37. Captain Vorpatrils Alliance - Lois McMaster Bujold (audio) $3.10
38. A Murder of Magpies - Mark Edwards (audio) $3.15
39. Beyond the Shadows - Paul Boehm (audio) $5.25
40. The Saints of Salvation - Peter F Hamilton (audio) $3.15
41. Absolute Proof - Peter James (audio) $4.49
42. Out of Phaze - Piers Anthony (audio) $3.74
43. Robot Adept - Piers Anthony (audio) $3.74
44. Phaze Doubt - Piers Anthony (audio) $3.74
45. Unicorn Point - Piers Anthony (audio) $3.74
46. Sinners and Saints - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.46
47. Murder in High Places - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.46
48. Poison Ivy - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.46
49. Deadlier than Fiction - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.46
50. A Taste of Murder - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.46
51. Murder at the Mousetrap - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.95
52. Sheep Secrets - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.46
53. Murder at Magnolia Inn - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.46
54. Sweet Revenge - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.46
55. Misspent Youth - Peter F Hamilton (audio) $4.50
56. Poison Ivy - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.46
57. Unfettered II - Shawn Speakman ed (audio) $4.49
58. Age of War - Michael J Sullivan (audio) $5.25
59. Shattered Galaxy - Scott Bartlett (audio) $4.49
60. A Second Chance at Eden - Peter F Hamilton (audio) $4.72
61. Sole Survivor - Dean Koontz (audio) $3.78
62. Memory - Lois McMaster Bujold (audio) $3.78
63. Vampires - various (audio) $3.11
64. Strange Brew - various (audio) $3.11
65. An Extreme Medical Service Christmas (audio) $1.98
66. Reaper - Will Wight (audio) $3.74
67. Unfettered III - Shawn Speakman (audio) $5.99
68. Icebound - Dean Koontz (audio) $3.15
69. Junkyard Pirate - Jamie McFarland (audio) $5.98
70. A Civil Campaign - Lois McMaster Bujold (audio) $4.72
71. Crusade - Taylor Anderson (audio) $4.20
72. Maelstrom - Taylor Anderson (audio) $4.20
73. Distant Thunders - Taylor Anderson (audio) $4.20
74. The Man with the Golden Arm - Ian Flemming (audio) $5.24
75. Leviathan Falls - James S A Corey (audio) $5.77
76. The Spy Who Loved Me - Ian Flemming (audio) $5.24
77. Tai Pan - James Clavell (audio) $5.77
78. Age of Death - Michael J Sullivan (audio) $7.24
79. Wednesday the Got Wet - Harry Kemelman (audio) $3.67
80. Saturday the Rabbi Went Hungry - Harry Kemelman (audio) $6.30
81. Monday the Rabbi Took Off - Harry Kemelman (audio) $3.67
82. Spacers pt 2 - Scott Bartlett (audio) $3.74
83. Relentless Box Set - Scott Bartlett (audio) $4.49
84. Mean Streets - Jim Butcher et al (audio) $4.20
85. Urban Enemies - Butcher Nassis (audio) $4.72
86. Hex Appeal - Butcher Green (audio) $3.74
87. Octavia Gone - Jack McDevitt (audio) $4.19
88. Echo - Jack McDevitt (audio) $4.19
89. Victorius - Jack Campbell (audio) $6.65
90. Starship: Flagship - Mike Resnick (audio) $3.74
91. Starship: Mercenary - Mike Rensick (audio) $3.74
92. Courageous - Jack Campbell (audio) $7.24
93. Devil's Eye - Jack McDevitt (audio) $3.11
94. God Rest Ye Royal Gentlemen - Rhys Bowen (audio) $4.49
95. Valiant - Jack Campbell (audio) $6.66
96. Firebird - Jack McDevitt (audio) $3.11
97. The Last Mrs Summers - Rhys Bowen (audio) $4.50
98. Coming Home - Jack McDevitt (audio) $4.20
99. Starship: Pirate - Mike Resnick (audio) $3.74
100. A Talent for War - Jack McDevitt (audio) $3.11
101. Relentless - Jack Campbell (audio) $7.26
102. Seeker - Jack McDevitt (audio) $3.11
103. Starship - Mike Resnick (audio) $7.48
104. Thunderball - Ian Flemming (audio) $7.34
105. Star Carrier - B V Larsen (audio) $3.74
106. Green Eggs and Ham - Dr Suess (audio) $7.96
107. Space Team Vol 1 - Barry J Hutchison (audio) $4.49
108. Diamonds are Forever - Ian Flemming (audio) $6.29
109. The Short Victorious War - David Weber (audio) $7.24
110. Field of Dishonor - David Weber (audio) $7.24
111. Rendezvous with Rama - Arthur C Clarke (audio) $7.04
112. The Andromeda Strain - Michael Crichton (audio) $5.80
113. Sorcerer to the Crown - Zen Cho $2.12
114. The Wrong Man - Costello & Richards (audio) $2.04
115. Secrets on the Cote d'Azul - Costello & Richards (audio) $2.04
116. A Shot in the Dark - Costello & Richards (audio) $2.04
117. A little Night Murder - Costello & Richards (audio) $2.04
118. London Calling - Costello & Richards (audio) $2.04
119. Murder Wore a Mask - Costello & Richards (audio) $2.04
120. Deadly Cargo - Costello & Richards (audio) $2.04
121. Danger in the Air - Costello & Richards (audio) $2.04
122. A Distant Voice - Costello & Richards (audio) $2.04
123. City Heat - Costello & Richards (audio) $2.04
124. Poison Ivy - Helena Marchmont (audio) $1.56
125. Constance - Matthew FitzSimmons (audio) $2.13
126. Her Perfect Family - Teresa Driscoll (audio) $2.13
127. Family Money - Chad Zunker (audio) $2.13
128. Star Mother - Charlie N Holmberg (audio) $2.13
129. Mrs Rochester's Ghost - Lindsay Marcott (audio) $2.13
130. Salvation Lake - G M Ford (audio) $2.13
131. The Chaos Kind - Barry Eisler (audio) $2.13
132. At the End of the Matinee - Keiichiro Hirano (audio) $2.13
133. The Deadly Mystery of the Missing Diamonds - T E Kinsey (audio) $2.13
134. Not One of Us - Debbie Herbert (audio) $2.13
135. The Two Towers - J R R Tolkien (audio) $6.35
136. The Return of the King - J R R Tolkien (audio) $6.35
137. The Fellowship of the Ring - J R R Tolkien (audio) $5.30
138. The Silmarillion - J R R Tolkien (audio) $5.30
April
139. At First Light- Barbara Nicklass (audio) $4.23
140. Mistborn: Secret History - Brandon Sanderson $2.49
141. The World of Tiers Vol 1 - Philip Jose Farmer $2.99
142. Young Rissa - F M Busby $2.13
143. Rissa and Tregare - F M Busby $2.13
144. The Time of the Dark - Barbara Hambley $2.13
145. April Food Dead - Carolyn Hart $2.13
146. Unpleasantness at the Belladona - Dorothy Sayers $1.06
147.Interstellar Gunrunner - James Wolnuk $0 (Audio) (publisher credit)
148. Lost and Found - Helena Marchmont (Audio) $2.19
149. Backyard Starship - J N Chaney (Audio) $4.23
150. A Catalogue of Catastrophe - Jodi Taylor (Audio) $0 (free credit)
151. All These Worlds - Dennis E Taylor (Audio) $4.23
152. Guardian - Jack Campbell (Audio) $6.35
153. Steadfast - Jack Campbell (Audio) $6.35
154. The Last Coyote - Michael Connelly (Audio) $5.30
155. Troy - Stephen Fry (Audio) $5.30
156. Broken Eye - Brent Weeks (Audio) $6.35
157. What Abigail Did That Summer - Ben Aarronovitch (Audio) $6.35
158. Heaven's River - Dennis E Taylor (Audio) $5.30
159. Forever Free - Joe Haldeman (Audio) $4.23
160. Infinity Blade - Brandon Sanderson (Audio) $5.30
161. Mrs Pollifax on the China Station - Dorothy Gilman (Audio) $6.35
162. Infinity Blade - Brandon Sanderson (Audio) $4.23
162. Forever Peace - Joe Haldeman (Audio) $5.30
163. All Systems Red - Martha Wells (Audio) $4.23
164. Medieval Blood - Philip Gooden $1.06
165. The Dorothy Martin Murder - eanne M Dams $3.19
166. The Memory Police - Yoko Ogawa $3.19
167. Last of the Sages - Julius St Clair $1.06
168. Until Proven Guilty - J A Jance $2.13
169. Real Murders - Charlaine Harris $1.06
170. The War Widow - Tara Moss $2.13
171. The Cyberiad Stories - Stanislaw Lem $2.13
172. Spies of Warsaw - Alan Furst $3.25
173. Guards!Guards! - Terry Pratchett $2.13
174. The Name of the Rose - Umberto Eco $2.13
May
175. The Prince of Fools - Mark Lawrence (audio) $8.77
176. The Liar's Key - Mark Lawrence (audio) Free credit
177. The Wheel of Osheim - Mark Lawrence (audio) Free credit
178. Towers of Midnight - Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson $4.81
179. Knife of Dreams - Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson $4.81
180. The Gathering Storm - Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson $4.81
181. The Liar's Key - Mark Lawrence (audio) $0 (credit)
182. The Wheel of Osheim - Mark Lawrence (audio) $0 (credit)
183. Prince of Fools - Mark Lawrence (audio) $8.97
184. Rising Sun - Michael Crichton (audio) $5.30
185. Tales of the Folly - Ben Aaronovitch (audio) $3.21
186. Street Freaks - Terry Brooks (audio) $5.30
187. The Faded Sun Trilogy - C J Cherryh (audio) $5.30
188. Greek Mythology - Simon Lopez (audio) $5.30
189. Earthlight - Arthur C Clarke (audio) $2.13
190. Murder by Page One - Olivia Matthew (audio) $5.30
191. The Original - Brandon Sanderson (audio) $3.21
192. Wait for Signs - Craig Johnson (audio) $3.21
193. Halloween Tree - Ray Bradbury (audio) $3.21
194. Coraline - Neil Gaiman (audio) $3.21
195. The Man Who Died - Antti Tuomainen $1.06
196. Murder on an Irish Farm - Carlene O Connor $2.13
197. Nocturne - Ed McBain $3.20
198. A Place of Hiding - Elizabeth George $3.20
199. Long Shadows - Jodi Taylor $1.06
200. Secrets of Ashmore Castle - Cynthia Harrod Eagles $1.06
June
201. Eric - Terry Pratchett $1.06
202. Careless in Red - Elizabeth George $2.13
203. Sentenced to Prism - Alan Dean Foster $2.13
204. Death of a Red Heroine - Qiu Xiaolong $2.13
205. The Gameshouse - Claire North $8.56
206. The Fatal Flying Affair - T E Kinsey $8.56
207. The Raven Spell - Luanne G Smith $2.13
208. Cleopatra's Dagger - Carole Lawrence $2.13
209. Shadows for the Silence in the Forest - Brandon Sanderson (audio) $5.30
210. Orbs IV - Exodus - Anthony Melchoiorri $6.49
211. Dragon Teeth - Michael Crichton $2.13
212. Lavender Blue Murder - Laura Childs $2.13
213. American Scifi: Four classic Novels $2.13
214. Time's Convert - Deborah Harkness $2.13
215. The Hammer of God - Arthur C Clarke $2.13
216. Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell - Brandon Sanderson (audio) $5.50
217. Innocent Tourist - Dorothy Gilman
July
218. Chronicles of Narnia - C S Lewis (audio) $6.37
219. Fugitive Telemetry - Martha Wells $3.19
220. Murder in an Irish Bookshop - Carlene O'Connor $3.19
221. Charlatans - Robin Cook $2.13
222. Six Weeks To Live - Catheine McKenzie $2.13
223. Soul Survivor - G M Ford (audio) $2.13
224. Eye for an Eye - Carol Wyer $2.13
225. City World - B V Larson (audio) $8.00
226. All The Devils Are Here - Louise Penney $3.20
227. Cold As Hell - Lilja Siguradardottir $1.06
228. The 32nd Golden Age of SciFi - Frederik Pohl $1.06
229. Remnant Population - Elizabeth Moon $2.12
230. Masters of Space Trilogy - Robert E Vardeman $0.00 Promo credit
231. Space Assassins Box Set - Scott Baron (audio) $8.00
232. Crime 101 - Don Winslow (audio) $3.25
233. The Junkie Quatrain - Peter Clines (audio) $2.12
234. Harlequin Tea Set - Agatha Christie (audio) $1.06
235. The Shepherd - Frederick Forsyth (audio) $1.06
236. Perfect State - Brandon Sanderson (audio) $1.06
237. Shadows for Silence in the Forest - Brandon Sanderson (audio) $1.06
238. Rescue Party - Arthur C Clarke (audio) $1.06
239. Window Into Time - Peter F Hamilton (audio) $2.12
240. Snapshot - Brandon Sanderson (audio) $1.06
241. Ricochet Joe - Dean Koontz (audio) $1.06
242. Starship Pandora - B V Larsen (audio) $4.29
243. Proto Zoa - Lois McMaster Bujold (audio) $2.14
244. A Midsummer's Nights' Dream - William Shakespear (audio) $1.06
245. Stories by Heart - John Lithgow (audio) $1.06
246. The Beatrix Potter Collection - Beatrix Potter (audio) $3.26
247. Man Burned by Winter - Pete Zacharias (audio) $2.13
248. The Secret Witness - Victor Methos (audio) $2.13
249. A Dash of Murder - Elizabeth Spann Craig $0.00 Credit
250. Wizard and the Frog - Richard Fierce $2.11
251. Endurance - A C Spahn $1.06
August
252. The Order - Jeremy Robinson (audio) $4.23
253. Small Magic - Terry Brooks (audio) $4.58
254. Book of Swords - Garnder Dozois Ed. (audio) $4.58
255. Spacers Part 3 (audio) $9.18
256. Killings at Badger's Drift - Caroline Graham (audio) $3.16
257. The Keeper Chronicles - J A Andrews $1.06
258. Paranoid - Lisa Jackson $1.06
259. Murder by the Book- Susanna Gregory $2.13
260. Blackout - Simon Scarrow $2.13
261. McNally's Dilemma - Lawrence Sanderson $2.13
September
262. Cat in the hat and Others - Dr Suess (audio) $5.58
263. The Marlow Murder Club - Robert Thorogood (audio) $3.95
264. D C Comics Encyclopedia $2.13
265. Between Planets - Robert Heinlein (audio) $2.94
266. Chump Change - G M Ford (audio) $3.67
267. Evan Gabriel Omnibus - Steve Umstead (audio) $5.59
268. Best of Glen Cook - (audio) $3.43
269. Family Values - G M Ford (audio) $5.28
270. Barrayar - Lois McMaster Bujold (audio) $7.77
271. Mrs Pollifax and the Second Thief- Dorothy Gilman (audio) $5.80
272. Mrs Polifax and the Lion Killer - Dorothy Gilman (audio) $2.94
273. Mrs Polifax and the Golden Triangle- Dorothy Gilman (audio) $2.94
274. Mrs Pollifax an the Whirling Dervish- Dorothy Gilman (audio) $2.94
275. Mrs Pollifax and the Hong Kong- Dorothy Gilman (audio) $7.35
276. A Palm for Mrs Pollifax- Dorothy Gilman (audio) $7.35
277. Mrs Pollifax on Safari- Dorothy Gilman (audio) $7.35
278. In Bad Company - Viveca Sten (audio) (audio) $4.21
279. Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy (audio) (audio) $8.20
280. Fatal Traditions - Ann Charles (audio) $4.34
281. Leviathan - Jack Campbell (audio) $3.49
282. Fugitive Telemetry - Martha Wells (audio) $5.07
283. Artificial Condition - Martha Wells (audio) $4.06
284. Network Effect - Martha Wells (audio) $3.92
285. Exit Strategy - Martha Wells (audio) $4.06
286. Rogue Protocol - Martha Wells (audio) $4.06
287. Edgedancer - Brandon Sanderson (audio) $7.10
288. Shards of Honor - Lois McMaster Bujold (audio) $7.17
389. Long and Short of it - Jodi Taylor (audio) $2.83
290. Cytonic - Brandon Sanderson (audio) $4.89
291. Dawnshard - Brandon Sanderson (audio) $6.09
292. About Time - Jodi Taylor (audio) $8.40
293. Timeline - Michael Crichton $2.13
294. Witches Abroad - Terry Pratchett $2.13
295. The Alloy of Law - Brandon Sanderson $3.20
296. Nature of the Beast - Louise Penney $4.27
297. The Beautiful Mystery - Louise Penney $4.27
298. Greyhound - C S Forester $3.20
299. A Poisonous Plot - Susanna Gregory $2.13
300. Demon in my View - Ruth Rendell $2.13
301. 2010 - Arthur C Clarke $2.13
302. 2061 - Arthur C Clarke $2.13
303. A Long Way Home - Louise Penney $3.20
304. Day of the Caesars - Simon Scarrow $1.06
305. 3001 - Arthur C Clarke $2.13
October
306. Lucifer Directive - Jon Land $0.00 Credit
307. Labyrinth - Jon Land $0.00 Credit
308. Day Dark Night Bright Stories - Fritz Leiber $0.00 Credit
309. Scared Stiff - Donald Westlake $0.00 Credit
310. Stone Bruises - Simon Beckett $0.00 Credit
311. The Ninth Dominion - Jon Land $0.00 Credit
312. Dragonbone Chair - Tad Williams $.52
313. The Last Score - Ellery Queen $.27
314. Spark - John Lutz $.27
315. Kiss - John Lutz $.27
316. Dancing With the Dead - John Lutz $.27
317. Losers Weepers - Ellery Queen $.27
318. Fifth Science Fiction Megapack -Gardner Dozois $1.06
319. Murder at an Irish Wedding (audio) $4.67
320. Spaceside - Michael Mammay (audio) $4.67
321. Ilse Witch - Terry Brooks (audio) $8.97
322. Morgawr - Terry Brooks (audio) $8.97
323. Antrax - Terry Brooks (audio) (audio) $8.97
324. The Book Of Life - Deborah Harkness (audio) $8.97
325. Lies Sleeping - Ben Aaronovitch (audio) $8.97
326. Burning White - Brent Weeks (audio) (audio) $8.97
327. Extreme Medical Services 7-9 - Jamie Davis $3.20
328. Mash - Richard Hooker $2.13
329. Honor of Rome - Simon Scarrow $1.06
330. Death at a Diner - Elizabeth Spann Craig $3.60
331. Thieves World V 3 - Robert Asprin $2.16
November
332. Eight Black Horses - Ed McBain $1.60
333. Heat - Ed McBain $1.60
334. Let's Hear It For the Deaf Man - Ed McBain $1.60
335. Catalogue of Catastrophe - Jodi Taylor $1.06
336. Watership Down - Richard Adams $2.13
337. Affairs of Ashmore Castle - Cynthia Harrod Eagles $1.06
338. The Elfin Ship - James Blaylock $2.13
339. The Stone Giant - James Blaylock $2.13
340. The Emperor - Cynthia Harrod Eagles $1.06
341. The Victory - Cynthia Harrod Eagles $2.56
342. Rhythm of War - Brandon Sanderson $3.20
343. Well of Ascension - Brandon Sanderson $3.20
December
344. Power Play - Ben Bova $1.99
345. Power Surge - Ben Bova $1.99
346. Power Failure - Ben Bova $1.99
347. Power Challenges - Ben Bova $1.99
348. Hot Moon - Alan Smale $1.06
349. Santa Grit - Jody Taylor $1.06
350. Thieves World Vol 4 - Robert Asprin $3.20
351. Reign of Iron - Angus Watson $6.42
352. Thieves World Volume 4 - Robert Asprin $3.20
353. Weird Sisters - Terry Pratchett $4.20
354. Sourcery - Terry Pratchett $3.75
355. Murder in an Irish Pub - Carlene O'Connor $1.06
356. Murder at an Irish Bookshop - Carlene O'Connor $1.06
357. Nor Crystal Tears - Alan Dean Foster $2.13
358. Dark and Snowy Night - Sally Goldenbaum $2.13
359. The Regency - Cynthia Harrod-Eagles $4.27
360. The Devil's Horse - Cynthia Harrod-Eagles $1.06
361. Ithaca - Claire North $3.20
362. Santa Grint - Jodi Taylor $1.06
363. Needle in a Timestack - Robert Silverberg $2.13
364. The Poison Tree - Cynthia Harrod-Eagles $4.27
365. The Abyss - Cynthia Harrod-Eagles $1.06
366. Bimbos of the Death Sun - Sharyn McCrumb $2.13
367. A Patchwork of Clues - Sally Goldenbaum $1.06
368. Dying Fall - Cynthia Harrod-Eagles $3.20
369. Mickey7 - Edward Ashton $3.20
370. Brother's in Blood - Simon Scarrow $3.20
371. The Zealot - Simon Scarrow $3.20
372. Britannia - Simon Scarrow $3.20
373. Girls Who Lie - Eva Bjord Aegisdottir $1.06
374. Night Shadows - Eva Bjord Aegisdottir $1.06

Free
1. Best of L. Sprague de Campe (Phoenix Pik)
2. Raven Spell - Luanne G Smith (Amazon First)
3. Qualify - Vera Nazarian
4. Best of Tor 2021
5. Death in the Sunshine - Steph Broadribb (Amazon First)
6. Family Money - Chad Zunker (Amazon First)
7. Pumped for Murder - Elaine Viets
8. Board Stiff - Elaine Viets
9. Knitty Kitty Mysteries Books 1-3 - Tracey Drew
10. Middlegame - Seanan McGuire (Tor)
11. My Evil Mother - Margaret Atwood (audio)
12. The Druid - Jeff Wheeler
13. Dying to Call You - Elaine Viets
14. Cleopatra's Dagger - Carole Lawrence (amazon First)
15. The Other Man - Farhad Dadybucks Audio + ebook (World book day)
16. The Easy Life of Kamusari - Shion Miura Audio + ebook (world book day)
17. Mother Dear - Nova Lee Maier (world book day)
18. An Eye For an Eye - Carol Wyer (world book day)
19. To the Sky Kingdom - Tang Qui (world book day)
20. Brimstone Witch Mysteries - April Fernsby
21. Psychic Cafe Mysteries - April Fernsby
22. The Man Burned By Winter - Pete Zacharias (amazon first)
23. Their Majesties' Bucketeers - L Neil Smith (TOR BOM)
24. The Widow Queen - Elzbieta Cherezinska
25. Farewell to Yesterday's Tomorrow - Alexei Panshin
26. Kiki Lowenstein Books 1-6 - Joanna Campbell Slan
27. The Secret Witness - Victor Methos (amazon First)
28. A Grave Issue - Lillian Bell
29. The Last Lie - Debra Webb (Amazon First)
30. All the Lies They Did Not Tell - Pablo Trincia (Amazon First)
31. Cradle Foundation - Will Wight (author)
32. Cradle Path of Gold - Will Wight (author)
33. Cradle Rise of the Lords - Will Wight (author)
34. No Mercy - Blake Pierce
35. The Alloy of Law - Brandon Sanderson
36. Graveyard Guardians - Jennifer Malone
37. Spacers Part 4 (audio) (author)
38. Dash of Murder - Elizabeth Spann Craig (credit)
39. Allow of Law - Brandon Sanderson TOR
40. Shadows of Self - Brandon Sanderson TOR
41. Killing at the Track - Janet Dawson
42. Jeri Howard Anthology 10-13 - Janet Dawson
43. A Nice Class of Corpse - Simon Brett
44. Murder, Bed and Breakfast - Jean Goodhind
45. Jenny Starling Mysteries 1-4- Faith Martin
46. Keeper of Enchanted Rooms - Charlie Holmberg (Amazon First)
47. Quarry Girls - Jess Lourey (Amazon First)
48. Hidden in Snow - Vivica Sten (Amazon First)
49. Dark Crimes - Michael Hambling
50. Murder by the Month 8-10 - Jess Lourey
51. The Sacrifice - Kristine Kathryn Rusch
52. The Hive - Greg Olson (Amazon First)
53. The Blue Bar - Damyanti Biswas (Amazon First)
54. Murder at the Spring Ball - Benedict Brown
55. What Child is This - Rhys Bowen (audio)
56. Crime in the Choir - Catherine Molony
57. Deadmstress - Carole Shmurak
58. Fair Game - Gerald Hammond
59. Spacers5 - Scott Bartlett (author)
60. Rats -Joe Klinger
61. The Twin Paradox - Charles Watchter

Short Stories, Novellas, Short Dramas: 7
Spoiler:

01. My Evil Mother - Margaret Atwood (audio)
02. The Tell Tale Heart - Edgar Allan Poe (audio)
03. Harlequin Tea Set - Agatha Christie
04. Rescue Party - Arthur C Clarke (audio) (EXCELLENT!!!)
05. The Shepherd - Frederick Forsyth
06. Stories By Heart - John Lithgow (audio) (EXELLENT!!!)
07. Ricochet Joe - Dean Koontz (audio)

Books
January - Pages Read:1192
01. 4 The Magpies - Mark Edwards (audio)
Good suspense
02. 5 The Hogfather - Terry Pratchett (audio+ebook)
Relisten - Excellent story.
03. 4 Calypso - Ed McBain (audio+ebook)
Relisten - Very creepy end. Good story.
04. 5 Equal Rites - Terry Pratchett (audio)
Relisten - Still hilarious
February - Pages Read:1826
05. 3 Confessions of a Shopaholic - Sophie Kinsella (audio)
Just couldn't warm up to this.Supposed to be romantic comedy
06. 5 Steel World - B V Larson (audio)
Relisten - still wonderful!!
07. 5 Dust World - B V Larson (audio)
Surprising amount of humor in this one. Enjoyed!
08. 5 Tech World - B V Larson (audio)
Just love this series. Have to admit, the officers really annoy me.
09. 5 Machine World - B V Larson (audio)
Another good one.
March - Pages Read:2365
10. 5 Death World - B V Larson (audio)
This one was a little sad, but still great.
11. 5 Green Eggs and Ham Etc. - Dr Suess (audio)
This was great! Surprising how many of them I know by heart 50+ years later.
12. 5 Murder at the Mousetrap - Helene Marchmont (audio)
Bunberry mystery series book 1. Really enjoyed!
13. 5 A Murderous Ride - Helene Marchmont (audio)
I got to really like the victim over such a short time. Good story.
14. 4 Pretty is as Pretty Dies - Elizabeth Span Craig (audio)
Reread - still a good story.
15. 3 Shambling Guide to New York City - Mur Lafferty (audio+ebook)
Good but not a keeper. Lots of deadpan humor.
16. 5 Man with the Golden Torc - Simon Green (audio)
OUTSTANDING! This was great all the way through!
17. 5 Dead Case in Deadwood - Ann Charles (audio)
This was funny and suspenseful.
April - Pages Read:2031
18. 5 An Ex to Grind - Ann Charles (audio)
Supernatural marches right in this book.
19. 5 A Taste of Murder - Helena Marchmont (audio)
Murder by cow!
20. 5 Death of a Ladies Man - Helena Marchmont (audio)
Ice cream guy gets iced.
21. 4 Drop Dead Gorgeous - Helena Marchmont (audio)
Good story, but didn't keep my interest as keenly.
22. 4 Extreme Medical Services - Jamie Davis (audio)
Pretty unique - paramedic for the paranormal.
23. 4 Home World - B V Larsen (audio)
Some plot silliness, but otherwise, good story.
24. 4 Prescription for Murder - Jessica Fletcher/Donald Bain (audio)
Good story but honestly, better editing would have helped.
25. 5 Meanwhile, Back in Deadwood - Ann Charles
Mystery now a paranormal mystery.
26. 5 All Systems Red - Martha Wells (audio)
Good story. Narrator was a little hard to understand for me.
May - Pages Read:974
27. 4 Paramedic's Angel - Jamie Davis (audio)
Plot is better than prior book. Paramedic to the paranormal.
28. 3 The Old Curiosity Shop - Charles Dickens (audio+ebook)
Great story & Gerald Dickens great narrator.
June - Pages Read:1281
29. 3 Coraline - Neil Gaiman (audio)
Good but weird story.
30. 5 Mythos - Stephen Fry (audio)
Wonderful collection of stories. Fry is great narrator!
31. 2 Street Freaks - Terry Brooks (audio)
Post apocalyptic story. Not my genre.
32. 4 Cast in Stone - G M Ford (audio)
Mysterious deaths not as they seem. Good story!
July - Pages Read:1292
33. 4 Paramedic's Choice - Jamie Davis (audio)
Good ending to arc
34. 4 The Bum's Rush - G M Ford (audio)
Good story. Some surprising searches.
35. 5 Blood World - B V Larson (audio)
Another good story.
August - Pages Read:1246
36. 4 Six Weeks To Live - Catherine McKenzie
Interesting mystery
37. 5 The Toll Gate - Georgette Heyer (audio)
More adventure than her usual fare. Really enjoyed!
38. 3 Oath of Swords - David Weber
Enjoyable story although a fair amount of violence (he is a warrior).
39. 2 Real Men Will - Victoria Dahl (audio)
Mommie porn. Deleted off account.
40. 3 Red Planet - Robert Heinlein (audio)
Juvenile fiction, but a good story anyway.
September - Pages Read:2072
41. 4 My Favorites: An Anthology - Ben Bova
Excellent stories. Loved all but two stories
42. 5 Temporal Void - Peter F Hamilton (audio)
Lots of action.
43. 5 The Cat in the Hat and Others - Dr Suess (audio)
This was GREAT! I didn't know a couple of these stories, but a pleasure to listen to.
44. 5 Somebody Owes Me Money - Donald Westlake
I couldn't stop reading it. Kindof corny, but I enjoyed it!
45. 3 Paramedic's Hunter - Jamie Davis (audio)
I like the book, but some of the setup is a bit ridiculous.
46. 5 Project Hail Mary - Andy Weir (audio)
Excellent story. Gripping. Totally enjoyed.
October - Pages Read:2134
47. 2 License to Thrill - Stephanie Bond
Ok romance, but didn't thrill me.
48. 3 The Paramedic's Witch - Jamie Davis
Better than previous book. Listened all in one day.
49. 5 The Oak Apple - Cynthia Harrod-Eagles (audio+ebook)
Excellent story. Civil War in the time of Charles 1.
50. 4 The Paramedic's Nemesis - Jamie Davis (audio)
Very good story. Excellent narrator. Urban paranormal.
51. 3 Classic Tales of Ghosts and Vampires vol 1 - various (audio) @225 pgs.
3/4 of stories are good!
52. 2 Classic Tales of Ghosts and Vampires vol 2 - Various (audio) 225 pgs
None of stories jumped out at me. Narrators were mostly excellent.
53. 2 Hell O Ween - David Robbins
First half was pretty good but lost me after that.
54. 2 Classic Tales of Ghosts and Vampires vol 3 - Various (audio) 250 pgs
More interesting stories, but still a letdown from Vol 1.
November - Pages Read:2128
55. 4 Murder in High Places - Helena Marchmont (audio)
Another Bunburry mystery. Love these short murder mysteries!
56. 5 Sweet Revenge - Helena Marchmont (audio)
Good story- Alfie gets called back to Bunberry.
57. 1 The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Blue Bear - Walter Moers (audio)
Kids book. Kids would like it. I didn't. Abandoned after 5 hours.
58. 5 The Black Pearl - Cynthia Harrod-Eagles (audio+ebook)
Another good episode of the Morland family.
59. 4 Minute for Murder - Nicholas Blake
Mystery set in period just after WW2 German war ended.
60. 3 M.A.S.H. - Robert Hooker
Good story. I got bored with the football.
61. 5 Prota Zoa - Lois McMaster Bujold (audio)
Excellent batch of short stories.
62. 5 Circe - Madeline Miller (audio)
This mythological story was just excellent!
December - Pages Read:3091
63. 3 The Secret Life of Groceries - Benjamin Lorr (audio)
While somewhat depressing, very informative.
64. 5 What Angels Fear - C S Harris (audio)
Excellent historical fiction crime novel! Set just as Regency starts.
65. 5 Dark World - B V Larson (audio)
Another good episode. Bugs. James dies. A few times.
66. 5 Sheep Secrets - Helena Marchmont (audio)
Another good story. Accident investigation.
67. 4 Illegal Alien - Robert J Sawyer (audio)
Crime novel with scifi element. I thought it was very good!
68. 5 Deadlier Than Fiction - Helena Marchmont (audio)
New Library. Bunburry triangle asked to investigate heart attack victim.
69. 3 The Secret, Scone and Book Society - Ellery Adams (audio)
Ok story, but not something I'd continue.
70. 4 Replay - Ken Grimwood (audio)
Good! Reliving a life....over and over.
71. 3 Second Course - Simon Haynes (audio)
It's growing on me. I liked this one better than book 1. Love Klunk.
72. 4 The Girl with the Dachshund Tattoo - Sparkle Abbey
Not the best written, but I love the characters. Weiner races, who knew?
=======
TBR = owned books
TBR (audio) Jan 1: 1043 (includes freebees) Dec 31: 1233
TBR (ebooks&magazines) Jan 1: 1659 (no freebees) Dec 31:1796

Book Rating/Comments:
1: Awful, or did not finish
2: So, so, or not to my taste
3: Good book
4: Very good book; possible reread.
5: Wonderful book! A keeper.

Last edited by Tarana; 01-01-2023 at 07:13 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 04:48 AM   #21
bookaho!ic
Evangelist
bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookaho!ic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo Aura H20 2nd Ed
My goal is 130 books

Current Read Watching from the dark (DCI Jonah Sheens, #2) by Gytha Lodge

December
She Lies in Wait (DCI Jonah Sheens, #1) by Gytha Lodge
The Christmas Wish Lindsey Kelk
The Santa Killer - Ross Greenwood
All You Ever Wanted Susan Elliot Wright
Wish you were here Jodi Picoult
The Winter Killer Alex Pine

November 10
The Killer in the snow Alex Pine
Bitter Edge Rachel Lynch
The Apartment K L Slater
Dead Mercy - Noelle Holten
Dead Secret Noelle Holten
The Secrets He Kept - Jackie Walsh
Someone else's baby Ruth Speechley
Mad Honey Jodi Picoult
Meredith Alone Claire Alexander
Unforgivable Natalie Barelli

October 10
The Cabin In The Woods Sarah Alderson
Genesis Chris Carter
Written In Blood Chris Carter
Hunting Evil Chris Carter
The Gallery of the Dead Chris Carter
The Caller Chris Carter
I am Death Chris Carter
An Evil Mind Chris Carter
One by One - Chris Carter
The Death Sculptor - Chris Carter

September 7
The Night Stalker - Chris Carter
The executioner - Chris Carter
Silent Victim Michael Wood
The Passengers John Marrs
The Book Of Life Deborah Harkness
The Hunter. Chris Carter
The Crucifix Killer - Chris Carter

August 5
Shadow of Night Deborah Harkness
Discovery of Witches Deborah Harkness
Hope to die Cara Hunter
How to kill your family Bella Mackie
The Break - Daniel Hurst

July 12
Find Me Carla Kovach
The Doctor John Nicholl
the Lost Boy Jane Renshaw
Her Perfect Life Emily Shiner
The Family Remains Lisa Jewell
The Houseshare Carla Kovach
Running Scared Mandasue Heller
Fatal Witness. Robert Bryndza
Cat and Mouse (Helen Grace #11) MJ Arlidge
truth or dare (Helen Grace #10) MJ Arlidge
All Fall Down (Helen Grace #9) MJ Arlidge
Down to the woods (Helen Grace #8) MJ Arlidge

June 15
Love Me Not (Helen Grace #7) MJ Arlidge
Running Blind (Helen Grace #6.5) MJ Arlidge
hide and seek (Helen Grace #6) MJ Arlidge
No way back (Helen Grace #5.5) MJ Arlidge
Little Boy Blue (Helen Grace #5) MJ Arlidge
liar liar (Helen Grace, #4) by M.J. Arlidge
The Dolls House (Helen Grace, #3) by M.J. Arlidge
Pop Goes the Weasel (Helen Grace, #2) by M.J. Arlidge
Eeny Meeny (Helen Grace, #1) by M.J. Arlidge
The Lost Children Michael Wood
Survivors Guilt Michael Wood
Time Is Running Out Michael Wood
Stolen Children Michael Wood
the lost ones. Marnie riches
The Murder House. Michael Wood

May 11
Victim of Innocence Michael Wood
Hangman's Hold Michael Wood
The Fallen Michael Wood
A Room Full of Killers Michael Wood
Outside Looking In - Michael Wood
Reasons Unknown Michael Wood
Missing K.L. Slater
Couple at No 9 Claire Douglas
Until I Find You Anna Smith
The Fire Killer Ross Greenwood
The Cold Killer Ross Greenwood

April 14
The Removal Man R J Parker
The Bridesmaids Victoria Jenkins
The Daughters - Julia Crouch
the.ice killer Ross Greenwood
the Mother's Secret by Kathryn Croft
The Soul Killer Ross Greenwood
What She Left Behind by Emily Freud
The Snow Killer Ross Greenwood
Wrong Place Wrong Time Gillian McAllister
The Feud. Gemma Rogers
The Recovery of Rose Gold Stephanie Wrobel
Perfect Family Lorna Dounaeva
Last Seen Alive - Jane Bettany
Without a Trace Jane Bettany

March 17
In Cold Blood - Jane Bettany
The Child Next Door Shalini Boland
if I can't have you Charlotte Levin
Last One At The Party Bethany Clift
His Hidden Wife - Wendy Clarke
we were sisters Wendy clarke
My Husband's Secret Louise Sharland
What Next. Shari low
What Now Shari Low
What If Shari Low
we all have our secrets Jane Corry
What She Saw wendy Clarke
The Holiday TM Logan
the start of something Miranda Dickinson
The SafeHouse Louise Mumford
Dead Tomorrow - Peter Grace
They All Lied - Louise Phillips

February 12
The Will Rebecca Reid
Into The Dark Fiona Cummins
Blind date. Wendy Clarke
My Sister's Child Karen Clarke
the island house by Amanda Brittany
Every Little Secret by Sarah Clarke
The Stalker Sarah Alderson
The Attic Room by Linda Huber
The Guest List. - Lucy Foley
little Sister Isabel Ashdown
Just another Liar - Mandy Byatt
Disappeared by Laura Jarratt

January 12
A Sky Full Of Stars - Dani Atkins
Say Goodbye Karen Rose
say no more Karen Rose
Five Strangers E.V Adamson
Other Parents Sarah Stovell
The Family Upstairs Lisa Jewell
The Perfect Home Kevin Lynch
The Woman Who Came Back To Life - Beth Miller
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Holly Seddon
Here For You - Nora Valters
The Castaways Lucy Clarke
Anything could happen - Lucy Diamond

Last edited by bookaho!ic; 12-27-2022 at 05:51 AM.
bookaho!ic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 12:35 AM   #22
nevlow
nevlow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, Nova Air, Libra 2
Just To Read :)

I was inspired to read more by the quote "A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read". I have simply neglected books far too long in my life intend to change that, and in fact I have already begun.

I would like to give myself the challenge of having read 100 books in a year. Since starting just a few months ago, I think I'm on pace to be able to do just that. Good luck to everyone in your own adventure!
nevlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 10:57 AM   #23
irishmac473
Enthusiast
irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'irishmac473 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Sage
My Goal for 2022 (that I just decided on Feb 1., so we'll forget about what I did in Jan.) is to clear out my TBR pile without adding to it. The one exception is if I read a book that is part of a series and I like it, I can add the rest of series to my TBR.

Goal:
Read 65 books

Books read: 7
Books Left in TBR: 60
Currently Reading:
Till We Become Monsters by Amanda Headlee
Gai-Jin by James Clavell

January Read: 5
Spoiler:

1. Jan. 5, 2022 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling 4/5 From TBR: YES
2. Jan. 9, 2022 The Ruin by Dervia McTiernan 3/5 From TBR: NO
3. Jan. 16, 2022 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling 4/5 From TBR: YES
4. Jan. 20, 2022 Anthem by Noah Hawley 4/5 From TBR: NO
5. Jan. 29, 2022 Billy Summers by Stephen King 4/5 From TBR: NO

February Read: 2
Spoiler:

6. Feb. 1, 2022 Tribe: On Homecoming and Belonging by Sebastian Junger 3/5 From TBR: YES
7. Feb. 3, 2022 The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab 4/5 From TBR: YES
DNF. Feb. 5, 2022 Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy 1/5 From TBR: YES

March Read:
Spoiler:

April Read:
Spoiler:

May Read:
Spoiler:

June Read:
Spoiler:

July Read:
Spoiler:

August Read:
Spoiler:

September Read:
Spoiler:

October Read:
Spoiler:

November Read:
Spoiler:

December Read:
Spoiler:

Legend:
1 No interest, didn't finish or hated.
2 It didn't completely suck. Enjoyed some of it.
3 Average. Enjoyed reading.
4 Really enjoyed. Might read again.
5 Among the best read this year. Keeper. Would read again.

Last edited by irishmac473; 02-05-2022 at 11:02 AM.
irishmac473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:44 PM   #24
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
My goal for 2022 is read better books.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #25
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
My goal is to read 50 books.

January
1) Enemy at the Gate: The Battle for Stalingrad - Author William Craig
2) A Gambling Man - Author David Baldacci
3) Eve - Author Iris Johansen
4) The Institute - Author Stephen King

February
5) Dead Eyes - Author Stuart Woods
6) Better Off Dead - Author Lee Child
7) Seven Days: A Post-Apocalyptic Novel - Author G. Michael Hopf
8) Caught - Author Harlan Coben
9) Project Hail Mary - Author Andy Weir
10) The Third Secret - Author Steve Berry
11) Eaters of The Dead - Author Michael Crichton
12) National Treasure (The Survivalist Book 10) - Author Arthur Bradley

March
13) Harvest - Author Tess Gerritsen
14) The Last Odyssey - Author James Rollins
15) Never - Author Ken Follett

April
16) The Last Ship - Author William Brinkley
17) Targeted - Author Stephen Hunter
18) Solemn Duty (The Survivalist Book 11) - Author Arthur Bradley
19) Event - Author David Lynn Goleman

May
20) The Woods - Author Harlan Coben
21) Once a Thief - Author Christopher Reich
22) Kingdom of Bones - Author James Rollins
23) Servant - Author J.S. Bailey
24) Open Season (Joe Pickett Series #1) - Author C.J. Box

June
25) Cathedral - Author Nelson Demille
26) Pines (Wayward Pines Book 1) - Author Blake Crouch
27) Wayward (Wayward Pines Book 2) - Author Blake Crouch
28) The Last Town - (Wayward Pines Book 3) - Author Blake Crouch
29) Desert Places (Andrew Thomas/Luther Kite Series 1) - Author Blake Crouch & Jack Kilborn
30) The Viper and the Urchin: The Bloodless Assassin - Author Celine Jeanjean

July
31) The Investigator - Author John Sandford
32) The Viper and the Urchin: The Black Orchid - Author Celine Jeanjean
33) The Viper and the Urchin: The Slave City - Author Celine Jeanjean
34) The Old Man - Author Thomas Perry

August
35) Red Storm Rising - Author Tom Clancy
36) Dream Town - Author David Baldacci
37) The Grey Man - Author Mark Greaney
38) Upgrade - Author Blake Crouch
39) The Hit List - Author Stuart Woods
40) Metzger's Dog - Author Thomas Perry

September
41) The Dark Horse (Longmire #5) - Author Craig Johnson
42) The Awoken - Author Katelyn Monroe Howes
43) Junkyard Dogs (Longmire #6) - Author Craig Johnson
44) Hell is Empty (Longmire #7) - Author Craig Johnson

October
45) The Eye of the World: The Wheel of Time Book 1 - Author Robert Jordan
46) The Great Hunt: The Wheel of Time Book 2 - Author Robert Jordan

November
47) The Dragon Reborn: The Wheel of Time Book 3 - Author Robert Jordan
48) The Terminal List: James Reece #1 - Author Jack Carr
49) As The Crow Flies (Longmire #8) - Author Craig Johnson
50) The Good Guy - Author Dean Koontz

December
51) True Believer: James Reece #2 - Author Jack Carr
52) Lost In Shangri-La - Author Michell Zuckoff

Last edited by Musicman; 12-24-2022 at 04:00 PM.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 08:02 PM   #26
jselby
Zealot
jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jselby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage | Samsug GT4
My goal for 2022 is 18 books -- Did not complete

This is the same goal I set for 2021. I missed it by 2 last year.

In Progress

Completed
Did Not Finish
  1. Déjà Dead by Kathy Reichs

Last edited by jselby; 01-02-2023 at 04:56 PM.
jselby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:46 PM   #27
deedward9
Enthusiast
deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deedward9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2, Kobo Clara, Nook Glowlight Plus, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Goals for 2022

Continue to read outside my wheelhouse of SF/Fantasy

Read all the books I was gifted for Christmas 2021 and others gifted through 2022

Read 50 Books this year

Currently Reading[/B]

The Left Hand of Darkness - Ursula K Le Guin

January

--Read--

The Echo Wife - Sarah Gailey
The Invisible Life of Addie Larue - V. E. Schwab
Fuzz - Mary Roach
Fellside - M.R. Carey
Made to Kill - Adam Christopher
Blood and Ice - Robert Masello

Purchased

Mockingbird - Chuck Wendig - Nook
Those Across the River - Christopher Buehlman - Nook
Les Miserables - Victor Hugo - Word Cloud Classics ed.
The Dragonbone Chair - Tad Williams - paperback
Lonesome Dove - Larry McMurtry - paperback
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass - Lewis Carroll - Word Cloud Classics

February

Last edited by deedward9; 02-02-2022 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Update
deedward9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 04:46 PM   #28
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Goal for 2022 will be minimum 40 but I would like to hit 50. In 2020 I hit 54, 2021 I hit 41.

1 and 2)Termination Shock- Neal Stephenson. Counted as 2 for it was that long..

3) State of Terror-Louise Penny, Hillary Clinton

4) Mosquito Coast-Paul Theroux s

5) All The Pretty Horses-Cormac McCarthy

6) Qwedy's Final Task- Stephen King

7) Every House is Haunted- Ian Rogers

8) The Sentence-Louise Erdrich

9) Firestarter-Stephen King

10) The Shimmer-Carsten Stroud

11) Deception Point- Dan Brown ( did not finish for I Wiki the plot and ruined the
story lol)

12) HEX-

13) The Third Gate- Lincoln Child

14)Fervor-Alma Katsu

15) The Martian Chronicles-Ray Bradbury (audio book) just casual no goal to finish

16) DREAM TOWN- DAVID BALDECCI

17) Lady in the Lake- Laura Lippman

18) Sparring Partners-John Grisham

19) 1922- Stephen King

20) The Silent Sisters- Robert Dugoni

21) ENDYMION (CANTOS BOOK 3)-DAN SIMMONS

22) 13 minute murder- James Patterson

23) Paper Palace

24) It Ends with Us-Coleen Hoover

25) Escape-James Patterson and David Ellis

26) The Hiding Place C.J. Tudor

27) A Noise Downstairs-Linwood Barclay

28) Stir of Echos

29) The Only Good Indians

30) The Sweetness of Water ( Oprah Winfrey Book Club Pick)

31) Red Moon. Never finished. It was not what I hoped for

32) Diablo Mesa-Preston and Child

33) Ride the Bullet- Stephen King

34) Night Crawlers (short)

35) Children of Dune-Frank Herbert

36) The 5th Floor-Michael Harvey

37) Scary Storys to Tell in The Dark

38) October- Michael Harvey

39) Lost Boy Lost Girl- Peter Straub

40) The 6:20 Man- David Baldacci

41) God Emperor of Dune- Frank Herbert

42) Bag of Bones-Stephen King

43) Blow Back- James Patterson

44) Dark Matter-Blake Coach

45) Invisible Jews: Surviving the Holocaust

46) Blood Meridian-Corma Mcarthy

47) Psycho- Robert Bloch

48) The It Girl-Ruth Ware

49) Boys from Biloxi-John Gresham ( The most BORING book ever! Didn't finish)

50) Square3-Mira Grant

51) Contagion- Robin Cook

52) Fairytale-King

53) The Pallbearers Club-Paul Tremblay

54) it starts With Us- Colleen Hoover

55) My Heart is a Chainsaw

Last edited by HLS; 12-26-2022 at 08:37 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 03:35 AM   #29
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
# Listado de libros leídos en 2022

My goal: Read. Read. And read. Don't forget to read. Finish Diskworld saga, read more from Dickens and some old Pulps.

## January
1. The joy of X - Steven Strogatz
2. Paul of Dune - Dune 23 - Herbert & Anderson
3. Encuentros con libros - Zweig
4. Historia Universal de las Exploraciones - Tomo IV - VVAA
5. Piraterías y agresiones de los ingleses en la América española - Dionisio de Alsedo y Herrera
6. Herejes de Dune - Dune 24 - Herbert
7. Analog SFF 2022 01 02
8. La jangada - Orbis 41, 42 - Verne
9. Revista Hélice 31 - VVAA
10. Pulp Magazine 4 - VVAA
11. Infinite Powers - Steven H. Strogatz
12. Barbargris - Brian W. Aldiss
13. La Enciclopedia Galactica - Alejo Cuervo
14. Revista Mundo Verne 36, 37 y 38 - VVAA
15. Fake Physics - Andrew May
16. The Winds of Dune - Dune 24 - Herbert & Anderson

## February (more or less)
17. Soul Music - Mundodisco 16 - Pratchett
18. Los chicos que coleccionaban tebeos - Julián Clemente y Helio Mira
19. Norte contra Sur - Orbis 43, 44 y P&J VI-2 - Verne
20. QualityLand - Mac-Uwe Kling
21. El piloto del Danubio - Orbis 45 - Verne
22. Space & Physics February/March 2022
22. El pueblo aéreo - Orbis 46 - Verne
23. La casa de vapor - Orbis 47, 48 y P&J VI—1 - Verne

## March
24. Un cosmógrafo en la corte de Felipe II - Eduardo Battaner
25. Clovis Dardentor - Orbis 75 y P&J VI-4 - Verne
26. Sin remordimientos - Jack Ryan 0 - Tom Clancy
27. Hijos de Dune - Dune 25 - Frank Herbert
28. Juego de patriotas - Jack Ryan 1 - Tom Clancy
29. Dios emperador de Dune - Dune 26 - Herbert
30. Un caballero en Moscú - Amor Towles
31. Historia universal de las exploraciones V - VVAA
32. Historia universal de las exploraciones VI - VVAA
33. Tiempos interesantes - Mundodisco 17 - Pratchett
34. Los testamentos - Margaret Atwood
35. El testamento de un excéntrico - Orbis 84-85 y P&J VI-5 - Verne
36. Analog SFF 2022 03-04 - VVAA

## April
37. Narrativa completa volumen I - H. P. Lovecraft
38. Bolsas de viaje (Los piratas del Halifax) - Orbis 81,82 y P&J VI-5 - Verne
39. Sin arriba ni abajo (El secreto de Maston) - Orbis 62 t P&J VII-4 - Verne
40. El cercano oriente - Historia Universal Asimov I - Asimov
41. Los egipcios - Historia Universal Asimov III - Asimov
42. El archipiélago en llamas - Orbis 56 - Verne
43. Warriros of Anatolia - Trevor Bryce
43. Curso de escritura creativa - Sanderson
44. El Orden Estelar 8 - Thorkent
45. El libro de los cuentos perdidos II - Tolkien
46. X representa lo desconocido - Asimov
47. El despertar de las civilizaciones - Historia de las civilizaciones I - VVAA
48. Trilogía Fundación (nueva traducción) - Asimov
49. La tierra de Canaan - Historia Universal Asimov II - Asimov
50. Lovecraft. Los mitos de Ctulhu - VV.AA
51. H. P. Lovecraft - Cuentos completos II - Lovecraft
51. Pies de barro - Mundodisco 19 - Pratchett

## May
52. El guardián entre el centeno - Salinger
53. Kerabán el testarudo - Orbis 50 y 51 - Verne
54. After Steve - Mickle Tripp
55. Of Worlds Beyond The Science of Science Fiction Writing - VVAA
55. El faro del fin del mundo - Orbis 52 - Verne
56. Analog SFF 2022 05/06 - VVAA
57. Nueva Dimensión I - VVAA
58. Jumping off the planet - Starsiders I - David Gerrold
59. Slice of Entropy - Pizza in Space 1 - Lawrence M. Schoen
60. Familia sin nombre - Orbis 53 y 54 - Verne
61. Oxford 7 - Pablo Tusset

## June
62. La Estrella del Sur - Orbis 55 - Verne
63. Eso no estaba en mi libro del Antiguo Testamento- Pedro Cabello Morales
64. Dos años de vacaciones - Orbis 57, 58 - Verne
65. Cosecha roja - El Agente de la Continental I - Hammet Dashiell
66. La esfinge de los hielos - Orbis 60, 61 - Verne
67. Los hermanos Kip - Orbis 65, 66 - Verne
68. Más mil y una noches - Robert Louis Stevenson
69. Papá Puerco - Mundodisco 20 - Pratchett
70. Un billete de lotería - Orbis 67 - Verne

## July
71. Herejes de Dune - Dune 28 - Herbert
72. Dune: Casa Capitular - Dune 29 - Herbert
73. Nervios (libro) - Lester del Rey
74. ¡Voto a bríos! - Mundodisco 21 - Pratchett
75. César Cascabel - Oris 73, 74 - Verne
76. What Makes This Book So Great - Jo Walton
77. Cinco semanas en globo - Aguilar I-1 - Bordoy Luque - Verne
78. Viaje al centro de la Tierra - Aguilar I-2 - Bordoy Luque - Verne
79. La maldición de los Dain - Dashiell Hammet
80. Veinte mil leguas de viaje submarino - Aguilar I-3 - Verne
81. Robert Louis Stevenson - G. K. Chesterton
82. Everything and less - Mark McGurl
83. Los griegos - Historia Universal Asimov IV - Asimov
84. Mundo Anillo - Mundo Anillo I - Larry Niven

## August
85. Ingenieros de Mundo Anillo - Mundo Anillo II - Larry Niven
86. Cuentos completos Robert Louis Stevenson - R. L. Stevenson
87. Trono de Mundo Anillo - Mundo Anillo III - Larry Niven
88. La república romana - Historia Unversal Asimov V - Asimov
89. El páis del fin del mundo - Mundodisco 22 - Pratchett
90. Hijos de Mundo Anillo - Mundo Anillo IV - Larry Niven
91. El imperio romano - Historia Unversal Asimov VI - Asimov
92. Un oficio indiscreto - P. A. García
92. Mundos en el abismo - Akasa Puspa I - Aguilera y Redal
93. Cazadores de Dune - Dune 31 - Herbert & Anderson

## September
94. Adventures in Space and Time - VVAAA
95. Constantinopla - Historia Universal Asmov VII - Asimov '
96. Gusanos de arena de Dune - Dune 21 - Herbert & Anderson
97. Terrestres y marcianos, hermanos - Louis G. Milk
98. Carpe jugulum - Discworld 23 - Terry Pratchett
99. El Halcón Maltés - Dashiell Hammet
100. Ciencia y geografía en los Viajes Extraordinarios - VVAA
101. Jules Verne y Alemania
102. Jules Verne y Suiza
103. De Verne a la Luna - Christian Tello

## October
104. ¿Estamos solos? - Carlos Briones
105. Todo arde - Juan Gómez-Jurado
106. Analog SFF 2022 09 10
107. La cosecha - Felicidad Martínez
108. Estudio del futuro - Fernando Ángel Moreno

## November
109. El quinto elefante - Mundodisco 25 - Pratchett
110. Los hijos del capitán Grant - Aguilar II-1 - Verne
111. Hijos de la eternidad - Aguilera-Redal
112. Horizonte de estrellas - Víctor Conde & Guillem Sánchez
113. Historia del libro - Svend Dahl
114. Jules Verne Fritt-Flacc - Miguel Ángel Navarrete
115. Historia de dos ciudades - Charles Dickens

## December
116. Odisea - Las máquinas de Dios V - McDevitt
117. Mundos - Trilogía Mundos I - Joe Haldeman
118. Mundos distantes - Trilogía Mundos II - Joe Haldeman
119. Mundos en expansion - Trilogía Mundos III - Joe Haldeman
120. Analog SFF 2022 11 12
121. Vigilancia permanente - Snowden
122. Historia natural - Justina Robson
123. Cauldron - Las máquinas de Dios VI - McDevitt

## Other
1. La isla misteriosa - Orbis 38, 39, 40 - Verne
2. Investigación y ciencia enero 2022
3. Revista mordedor N.5
4. Masters of Science Fiction and Fantasy Art
5. Mazes and Labyrinths - W. H. Matthews
6. Naves Espaciales 200-2100
7. Grandes Batallas Espaciales
8. A Passion for Mathematics - Clifford A. Pickover
9. Slugfest - Abandoned
10. Ayer y mañana - Orbis 47 - Verne
11. A history of the future - Peter J. Bowler
12. Omega - Hutchins 4 - McDevitt
13. El camino de Francia - Orbis 59 - Verne
14. Los náufragos del Jonathan - Orbis 63, 64 - Verne
15. Mistress Branican - Orbis 68, 69 - Verne
16. El soberbio Orinoco - Orbis 70, 71 - Verne
17. Un drama en los aires/El doctor OX - Orbis 72 - Verne
18. Nervios (relato) - Lester del Rey
19. Las historias de Jean-Marie Cabidoulin - Orbis 76 - Verne
20. Segunda Patria - Orbis 77, 78 - Verne
21. La invasión del mar - Orbis 79 - Verne
22. El naúfrago del Cynthia - Orbis 80 - Verne
23. El secreto de Wilhelm Storitz - Orbis 83 - Verne
24. El volcán de Oro - Orbis 86, 87 - Verne
25. Un drama en Livonia - Orbis 88 - Verne
26. Hombrecillo - Orbis 89, 90 - Verne
27. Claudio Bombarnac - Orbis 91 - Verne
28. La impresionante aventura de la Misión Barsac - Orbis 92 - Verne
29. Maravillosas aventuras de Antifer - Orbis 93, 94 - Verne
30. Matías Sandorf - Orbis 96, 97, 98 - Verne
31. El castillo de los Cárpatos - Orbis 99 - Verne
32. Revista Hélice 32

## Not read (abandoned)
- Worlds without end. Exoplantes. Scientific American
- The Untold Story of Everything Digital
- La tierra de Canaan - Historia Universal Asimov II - Asimov
- The other log of Phileas Fogg - Philip Jose Farmer

Last edited by rfog; 01-01-2023 at 03:11 AM. Reason: final update
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 11:15 AM   #30
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
For 2022 no set goal, just to read as much as possible.
List not in chronological reading order.

Herman Melville - Typee, Omoo, Mardi (Library of America series)
Herman Melville - Moby Dick
Nathaniel Hawthorne - Tales & Sketches (Library of America series)
Nathaniel Hawthorne - Collected Novels (Library of America series)
J.R.R. Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings
Karl Ove Knausgaard - My Struggle (Volumes 1-6)
Thomas Pynchon - V
Thomas Pynchon - The Crying of Lot 49
Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow
Thomas Pynchon - Vineland
Thomas Pynchon - Mason & Dixon
Thomas Pynchon -Against the Day
Thomas Pynchon - Inherent Vice
Thomas Pynchon - Bleeding Edge
Serhii Rudenko - Zelensky: a Biography
Anne Applebaum - Red Famine: Stalin's War on Ukraine
Timothy Snyder- Bloodlands
Eliot Higgins - We are Bellingcat
Peter Pomerantsev - Nothing is True and Everything is Possible
Erika Fatland - Sovietistan: Travels in Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan,
Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan
Ryszard Kapuscinski - Imperium
Richard Overy - Blood and Ruins: The Last Imperial War, 1931-1945
David Satter - It Was a Long Time Ago, and It Never Happened Anyway: Russia and the
Communist Past
David Satter - The Less You Know, the Better You Sleep: Russia's Road to Terror and
Dictatorship under Yeltsin and Putin
Michael Dobbs - Down with Big Brother: The Fall of the Soviet Empire
Svetlana Alexievich - Secondhand Time: The Last of the Soviets
Vladislav M. Zubok - A Failed Empire: the Soviet Union in the Cold War from Stalin to Gorbachev
David Satter - Age of Delirium: the Decline and Fall of the Soviet Union
David Satter - Never Speak to Strangers & Other Writing from Russia & the Soviet Union
Serhii Plokhy - Lost Kingdom: the Quest for Empire & the Making of the Russian Nation
Serhii Plokhy - The Gates of Europe: a History of Ukraine
Flannery O'Connor - Collected Works (Library of America series)
William Faulkner - Novels 1926–1929 (Library of America series)
William Faulkner - Novels 1930-1935 (Library of America series)
William Faulkner - Novels 1936-1940 (Library of America series)
William Faulkner - Novels 1942-1954 (Library of America series)
William Faulkner - Novels 1957-1962 (Library of America series)
John Connelly - From Peoples into Nations: a History of Eastern Europe
Svetlana Alexievich- Voices from Chernobyl
Markiyan Kamysh - Stalking the City: Life among the decadent and depraved of Chornobyl
Marci Shore - The Ukrainian Night: An Intimate History of Revolution
Karl Schlögel - Ukraine: a Nation on the Borderland
The Bible (Old and New Testaments, New International Version)

2021 List:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4072837#post4072837]

2023 List:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4283773

Last edited by Indio777; 02-21-2023 at 05:47 PM. Reason: update list
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote