Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-18-2021, 12:10 AM   #1
robertpolson
Zealot
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Personal ePub Books Locked into Books App - Monterey

I have a small collection of my ePub files stored in the Books app. Prior to Monterey, I was able to drag and drop my ePub books from the Books app into Finder and then use another app Like Calibre to open my books. Now, Calibre can't open any books from the books app.

Any idea how to save my books collection from what seems to be a layer of DRM?

calibre, version 5.33.2
WARNING: Errors while adding: There were problems adding some files, click "Show details" for more information

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed to add the file /Users/ivan/Downloads/Books/Electronics for Kids.epub to the book: /Users/user/Downloads/Books/Electronics for Kids
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/add.py", line 488, in add_formats
File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 1573, in add_format
IsADirectoryError: [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/Users/user/Downloads/Books/Electronics for Kids.epub'

EDIT: Solution found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Calibre/com...own_files_not/

Last edited by robertpolson; 12-18-2021 at 02:46 AM.
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote