Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-25-2021, 06:01 AM   #481
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
I had a Libra H20. That could not hold a candle to the contrast of the Libra 2. And i hated the unevenness of the Libra H2O's screen and light. I was hoping just a bit of improvement but no, the screen is great.
While I don't hate uneven screens, my Libra 1 included, I agree with you. While the Forma has some real advantages over the Sage (weight and battery), the previous Libra is in no way better than the new Libra. The weight difference is negligible and the screen of the Libra 2 is miles better.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:43 AM   #482
Deobulakenyo
Addict
Deobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78

Deep guide review of the Libra 2
Deobulakenyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #483
Deobulakenyo
Addict
Deobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavensDeobulakenyo is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Question: is the audiobook store regionlocked? My kobo store on my libra 2 only has ebook available, unlike this example (attached) where there is an audiobook tab on top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211125_202735.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	190440  
Deobulakenyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:42 AM   #484
Nikoz
Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Question: is the audiobook store regionlocked? My kobo store on my libra 2 only has ebook available, unlike this example (attached) where there is an audiobook tab on top.
Yes, it is. In some countries you can't buy audiobooks from the store with your e-reader; you can do it with a desktop computer or phone but even then they won't show up on the e-reader (only on a phone/tablet).
I don't know if it's possible to convert store-bought audiobooks to mp3, but even if it is the embedded player for sideloaded mp3s is not practical at all.
Dumb legislation if you ask me.
Nikoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 12:07 PM   #485
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Based on previous models, how sturdy the physical buttons should be? Will they work the same way in a couple of years?
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:16 PM   #486
martinot
Swedish Kobo User
martinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One shortcut that cannot be used for the Libra H2O is to call the H2O. That's reserved for the Kobo Aura H2O (original version).
Perhaps it can be called Aura 1 (not to be fconfused with Aura One), and H20 could be free to referencing to Libra H20?

Or we could call it Kobo 1?
martinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:43 PM   #487
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, iPad Pro, Tolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinot View Post
Perhaps it can be called Aura 1 (not to be fconfused with Aura One), and H20 could be free to referencing to Libra H20?

Or we could call it Kobo 1?
Aura 1 is already being used for the original 6" flush screen Kobo Aura.

Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Kobo Aura ONE
Kobo Aura Edition 2
Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Aura

Last edited by DNSB; 11-25-2021 at 01:46 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 02:20 PM   #488
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Forma, Libra2, LibraH20, ClaraHD, Kindle Voyage
I just don’t understand why no one in the UK has any stock of the Sage or the Libra 2. Not even Amazon. Amazon are shipping it out if France but nothing in the UK. If I didn’t think it was paranoid I’d think we are being punished for Brexit

The only reason I’ve ordered the Forma 32GB from Kobo (after my disastrous Sage purchase) is because it’s my only change of getting one, and it’s on sale.
Josieb1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 04:48 PM   #489
martinot
Swedish Kobo User
martinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and gracemartinot herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Kobo Aura ONE
Kobo Aura Edition 2
Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Aura
Ahh. This is really complicated.

Lets hope that Kobo never releases a Libra One.
martinot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:27 PM   #490
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:

Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Kobo Aura ONE
Kobo Aura Edition 2
Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Aura
Kobo what are you doing (aside from trying to give everyone a headache)
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 05:54 PM   #491
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Kobo what are you doing (aside from trying to give everyone a headache)
I bet someone in the marketing got a raise for thinking up all those complicated and truly original names. Must have been a herculean task.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:38 PM   #492
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
...the screen is great. It is not as white as my likebook's screen with frontlight off...
Am I the only one that keeps the front light on at all times, regardless of the lighting conditions?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:47 PM   #493
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Am I the only one that keeps the front light on at all times, regardless of the lighting conditions?
Nope. I do as well.
Old 11-25-2021, 08:28 PM   #494
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
i rarely use the front light. i prefer the screen looking as close to a physical book as possible.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:38 PM   #495
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:

Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Kobo Aura ONE
Kobo Aura Edition 2
Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Aura
You forgot some and didn't put them in the correct order:

Kobo Aura HD
Kobo Aura
Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo Aura ONE
Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Kobo Aura Edition 2
Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 Version 2
Kobo Aura Edition 2 Version 2

Which shows that using "Aura 1" for any device is problematic. I mean, is it the first Aura HD as that was the first Aura device, the "Aura ONE" or the "Aura" which could be considered to be "Aura Edition 1" and hence abbreviated.

That mess is why I am always careful to use the correct names when referring to any of the devices. Or qualify that name in some other way if I am not referring to a single model.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote