Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2021, 04:53 PM   #1
clairvoyant
clairvoyant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kobo and interlinear epub documents

I currently have a Kindle Paperwhite for language learning but find it slow and tedious to look up individual words. So I looked into interlinear texts and found this thread by @Doitsu as well as source code to generate interlinear epub documents through Google translate.

Now I'm considering getting a Kobo Libra H2O but I'm wondering if they support interlinear books. Or does maybe KOReader support it if I install it on Kobo?
clairvoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 06:39 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I ran into this a couple of years back and thought it looked interesting. I played with Doitsu's original idea of using <ruby> since I knew that worked with Kobo's webkit based renderer. I converted his original to an epub3 document and using this in combination with Kobo's alternate renderer worked quite happily after sending it to my Kobo using the KoboTouchExtended driver to send as a kepub. I've attached a screenshot from a Kobo Forma.

Edit: Finding that document makes me realize that I really need to do some cleanup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	124
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	189429  

Last edited by DNSB; 09-28-2021 at 06:42 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote