|
|
#16 |
|
Junior Member
![]() Posts: 8
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2021
Device: Inkpad3
|
I'm also using cover with magnetic cover and it works ok.
But I'm using old firmware from 2019 5.20.1010 |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Connoisseur
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 75
Karma: 358058
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Serbia, former Yugoslavia
Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
|
I read here on Pocketbook forum, that some number of Pocketbook devices (all models included in analysis), as high as 5 percent, have some kind of hardware problem that requires tehnician in service
to repair it, or replace it with completely new device. Return rates for other eink devices (brands) are probably smaller, if their customer service is honest and does not hide potential problems with some particular brand. @joepie I did not know that Inkpad 3 has some kind of sensors to distinguish between closed and opened cover... |
|
|
|
|
|
#18 | |
|
Zealot
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 110
Karma: 6478
Join Date: Nov 2010
Device: Inkpad 3 -> Onyx Boox Nova 3
|
Quote:
.I think there is something wrong with quality control if a brand accepts 5% returns. Some brands don't take the quality as serious as others. I'd just rather venture to try other brands and see if my luck is better. I tend to stick with the brands that last like for always. More expensive to invest initially, but far wiser in the long run. Anyways, my Inkpad 3 just started to misbehave after working fine for two days. It's time for me to move on. Bye Pocketbook, and thanks forum friends for sticking around and maybe see you in other subfora. I will miss the good parts of Pocketbook including the community, but I will certainly not miss any of the problems.
Last edited by joepie; 09-24-2021 at 02:28 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#19 | |
|
Connoisseur
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 75
Karma: 358058
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Serbia, former Yugoslavia
Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
|
charge in percentage
Quote:
I read that around 3.75 V should be at roughly 50-60% or healthy battery. Fully charged should be 4.2 V. I think great deal of problems come from estimating real state of charge of lipo battery. What is real (technical, electric) meaning of 100 % in context of real battery probbably used many years. Can you, please, elaborate a little bit about this issue. It looks like you have real experience with hardware ... Thank you in advance from all of us with this kind of problems !!! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Connoisseur
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Posts: 75
Karma: 358058
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Serbia, former Yugoslavia
Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
|
I did one rather unusual test.
Got a Android flip phone from 2005, (LG U8330) I removed battery (20 years old), original, Japan made, OEM for this phone. It performed a way better than 1 year old aftermarket battery sold on Amazon. These are real crap, not worth money, really. During page turning process in Inkpad 3, voltage drop was 3-4 times lower than new aftermarket one. Page turning is power hungry, causing substantial current draw. E-reader (Inkpad 3) worked like a charm. No freezing, no any previous problems ! This is insane ![]() I feel that these low cost, aftermarket batteries are totally worthless, especially in devices susceptible to low quality voltage source. I suspect that Pocketbook user (significant number of them) facing freezing problems during device usage may face similar situation with subpar battery quality. Last edited by VladimirS; Today at 07:38 AM. Reason: adding additional information about problem |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| inkpad 3 issue battery |
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| New Inkpad 3. Good battery life | angel6700 | PocketBook | 1 | 03-03-2021 08:42 PM |
| Inkpad 3 Battery | MciMc8 | PocketBook | 0 | 08-10-2019 02:47 AM |
| Charger and Cover for Inkpad 840 | p38lightning | PocketBook | 6 | 04-22-2015 03:49 PM |
| Buy Kindle 3 Battery Charger | aweaton | Flea Market | 5 | 06-06-2014 09:21 PM |
| Wish there was a battery charger | bspooky | Amazon Kindle | 2 | 11-26-2007 10:01 AM |