Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-18-2021, 12:13 PM   #2836
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
More than a year later, again at $1.99. Links below are still good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Magic Strikes is the third in the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. It has dropped to $1.99 at Kindle and Kobo US.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003QP4DVS
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/magic-strikes-1

{edit other book}
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 12:36 PM   #2837
tch65721
Addict
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
^^^Magic Rises also $1.99 at the moment.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 01:19 PM   #2838
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Today's Amazon Daily Deals in the US is worth a look today. A large mix of SF/UF/PNR including Patricia Briggs, Kelley Armstrong, J.R. Ward and more.

Was happy to get the last 2 in Kelley Armstrong's Cainsville series for $1.99 each.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2021, 02:15 PM   #2839
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Fatal Affair (Fatal #1) by Marie Force is free on Amazon. I can't remember if it's ever been free before, it was originally published by Carina Press. The entire 16 book series is in KU right now. I read the first 8 before being caught in a Mount TBR landslide but I'll pick up where I left off some day.

Spoiler:
Washington, D.C., Metro Police Detective Sergeant Sam Holland needs a big win to salvage her career—and her confidence—after a disastrous investigation. The perfect opportunity arises when Senator John O’Connor is found brutally murdered in his bed, and Sam is assigned to the case. Things get complicated when Sam has to team up with Nick Cappuano, O’Connor’s friend and chief of staff…and the man Sam had a memorable one-night stand with years earlier. Their sexual chemistry still sizzles, and Sam has to fight to stay focused on the case. Sleeping with a material witness is another mistake she can’t afford—especially when the bodies keep piling up.
Old 08-19-2021, 02:09 AM   #2840
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post

Favorites so far are:
  • Annette Marie - Guild Codex Universe
  • Melissa F. Olson - Old World
  • K.F. Breene - DDVN

Does anybody have any other recommendations?
I finally broke down and started KU back in March at least partially to read the Guild Codex series. I have no idea why I waited so long! My particular guilty pleasure is SF Romance and there's lots of it in KU.

On the UF/Fantasy side, my favorite hands down is the Stariel series by AJ Lancaster. There's an adorably sweet romance running through the books between Hetta, the Lord of Stariel, and Wyn, her land steward, who also turns out to be a Fae Prince. Hetta is my favorite kind of heroine, smart, mature, compassionate, take no nonsense. The first book is The Lord of Stariel.

If you like KF Breene, she's got a really good paranormal women's fiction series with a 40 something heroine and a strong romance between her and an alpha polar bear shifter. This series includes gargoyles, shifters, mages and lots of other magical beings. The first book is Magical Midlife Madness.

Finally, I'd recommend the Lazy Girl's Guide to Magic series by Helen Harper that starts with Slouch Witch. The heroine would much rather watch the telly than save the world, yet she manages to do both. It's a fun read.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 12:31 PM   #2841
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned KF Breene's Demigods of San Francisco, which I've quite enjoyed, and which is also KU. She had me with the title of the first book, Sin & Chocolate , and I binge read the whole series from there...
Old 08-19-2021, 12:57 PM   #2842
apesmom
Wizard

Thanks for all the recommendations worktolive and suefu. K.F. Breene's Leveling Up series is on my list as the next to explore but I'm adding all your suggests to my list. I want to finish off Guild Codex before dipping into another world.

Here's what my list looks like before you guys added to it:
  • K.F. Breene - Leveling Up
  • K.N. Banet - Jacky Leon
  • Ivy Asher - Osseous Chronicles
  • Linday Buroker - Death Before Dragons
  • Annette Marie - Red Winter
  • W.R. Gingell - City Between
  • T.A. White - Aileen Travers
  • B.R. Kingsolver - Rosie O'Grady's Paranormal Bar and Grill
  • Linsey Hall - Shadow Guild: Wolf Queen
  • Helen Harper - Firebrand
  • Shannon Mayer - Rylee Adamson
  • Shannon Mayer - Forty Proof
  • T.S. Snow - Arcane Mage
  • Brenda K Davies - The Road to Hell
  • Kel Carpenter - Demons of New Chicago
  • Steve McHugh - Hellequin Chronicles
  • Craig Schaefer - Ghosts of Gotham
  • Craig Schaefer - Daniel Faust
  • Hailey Turner - Soulbound
  • Kai Butler - San Amaro Investigations
  • Kimbra Swain - Alchemist Heir
  • Laken Cane - Kait Silver
  • Hailey Edwards - Necromancy Universe/Potentate of Atlanta
  • Deborah Wilde - Jezebel Files
  • Devin Downing - Adamic Trilogy
  • Rachel Aaron - DFZ

There is so much tempting stuff in KU now but it makes sense when you look at the scheduled releases for Ace/Roc and Del Rey, about the only thing they are publishing these days are books that they can launch as hard cover.
Old 08-19-2021, 12:58 PM   #2843
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't think anyone has yet mentioned KF Breene's Demigods of San Francisco, which I've quite enjoyed, and which is also KU. She had me with the title of the first book, Sin & Chocolate , and I binge read the whole series from there...
That series sounds good. I really enjoyed her writing style, and I've been meaning to check out her other series. Now that I have KU, it's so much easier to do so.

I've also found that my book buying has dropped almost to zero now that I have access to so many books, so the $10 a month for the KU subscription is worth it even more. There are lots of good romance authors who are in KU so I'm not as tempted to buy the newest shiny.

Another UF that I'd recommend is the Valkyrie Bestiary series by Kim McDougall. The first book caught my eye with the title: Dragons Don't Eat Meat. This one features an "everything but the kitchen sink" approach to UF, with lots of unusual beastie creatures. It's more weighted on the UF side with only a touch of romance.
Old 08-19-2021, 01:08 PM   #2844
worktolive
Guru

Glad to see the Hailey Edwards Necromancy series on your list as I totally forgot to mention it! I love that series. The romance doesn't really get going until the 3rd or 4th book, but OMG, Linus is my dream UF hero, a sweet, smart, adoring cinnamon roll with boatloads of power.
Old 08-19-2021, 03:14 PM   #2845
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Another UF that I'd recommend is the Valkyrie Bestiary series by Kim McDougall. The first book caught my eye with the title: Dragons Don't Eat Meat. This one features an "everything but the kitchen sink" approach to UF, with lots of unusual beastie creatures. It's more weighted on the UF side with only a touch of romance.
This one looks like a lot of fun. Added to the list.
Old 08-22-2021, 07:27 PM   #2846
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Requiem of Silence (Earthsinger Chronicles #4) by L Penelope (A/5 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 8-22.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	188852  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 08:07 PM   #2847
apesmom
Wizard

I finally got caught up on Guild Hunter, now I'll be focused on going through Guild Codex. Cheated and read the first Leveling Up and loved it so I'll switch off between the 2 series until I finish them before exploring more in KU. Hopefully I stick to the plan before falling down any new rabbit holes. The first 3 in Linsay Buroker's Death Before Dragons Bundle dropped back down to $0.99 so I grabbed that and will try that series when I take a break from KU.
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter #12) - Nalini Singh - 4.5
  • Archangel's Sun (Gulid Hunter #13) - Nalini Singh - 4
  • Dark Arts and a Daiquiri (Guild Codex 2) - Annette Marie - 4
  • Two Witches and a Whiskey (Guild Codex 3) - Annette Marie - 4.5
  • A Damsel and a Demigod (Guild Codex 3.5) - Annette Marie - 3.5
  • Demon Magic and a Martini (Guild Codex 4) - Annette Marie - 4
  • Magical Midlife Madness (Leveling Up - 1) - K.F. Breene - 4.5

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8-22.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	188853  
Old 08-23-2021, 01:23 AM   #2848
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I finally got caught up on Guild Hunter, now I'll be focused on going through Guild Codex. Cheated and read the first Leveling Up and loved it so I'll switch off between the 2 series until I finish them before exploring more in KU.
Yay! Congrats.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #2849
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Thanks @worktolive for this recommendation! I tried the first one a few days ago, and then binge read the next three. (Thank heaven for KU...)

Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post

{edited}

On the UF/Fantasy side, my favorite hands down is the Stariel series by AJ Lancaster. There's an adorably sweet romance running through the books between Hetta, the Lord of Stariel, and Wyn, her land steward, who also turns out to be a Fae Prince. Hetta is my favorite kind of heroine, smart, mature, compassionate, take no nonsense. The first book is The Lord of Stariel.

{edited}
Old 08-26-2021, 03:41 PM   #2850
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

More than a year later, $1.99 again today at Kindle and Kobo US...

Quote:
{edited out some extraneous stuff}

On the Edge (first in the Edge series by Ilona Andrews) is $1.99 right now...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002DW92V6
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/on-the-edge-14