Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-09-2021, 08:23 AM   #1
LostOnTheLine
Connoisseur
LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LostOnTheLine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (PW1|PW3|PW4), Kindle Voyage
ePub Hidden Cover Image

So I just edited a fan-translation ePub to downsize the images (Extracted with 7zip, OEBPS --> Images, resized each to 1024 hight & rotated wide pics) then I re-ePubed it (7zip --> Add to archive, zip/deflate/fasted compression, changed extension to .epub) which I've done many times before. But when I added it to Calibre it showed a different version of the cover image with a size bigger than any of the images in the file. I tried removing the cover & adding from the epub, but it shows the same image. I cannot find that image in the folder structure at all. I have hidden files shown, even system files & protected operating system files are shown, where is this image coming from? none of the other files I can see are even larger than 15KB

I know I can just have calibre resize or replace the image, but I really want to know where the image came from. Any ideas?
LostOnTheLine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover art, epub, epub book cover, hidden files