Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-05-2021, 07:17 PM   #1
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Bentley Little Recommendations

I have several Bentley Little novels, including a really nice limited edition from Cemetery Dance. But... I still have to read his books. Also, I noticed that many of his titles are now with Cemetery Dance, and the eBooks tend to be affordable (usually $4.99 or $5.99).

So which ones should I read first? I'm most interested in the books now published by Cemetery Dance, such as The Mailman; The Collection; The Walking; University; The Association; etc. And newer books like The Bank and The Ignored published by Cemetery Dance.

For now, I'm avoiding the eBooks published by bigger publishers because the pricing is odd. I want to read The Store, but the eBook is $13.99!
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:28 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
No need to bash your head, young one. How can you read an ebook with a damaged brain?

My favorites: The Mailman, University; The Ignored; and The Summoning.

The Collection is also wonderful. It highlights Bentley's strengths as a writer.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-07-2021 at 10:30 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:53 PM   #3
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
No need to bash your head, young one. How can you read an ebook with a damaged brain?

My favorites: The Mailman, University; The Ignored; and The Summoning.

The Collection is also wonderful. It highlights Bentley's strengths as a writer.
Yay! They're all published by Cemetery Dance (here in Maryland), so the ebook prices are more reasonable!

Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:54 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critteranne View Post
Yay! They're all published by Cemetery Dance (here in Maryland), so the ebook prices are more reasonable!

Happy Reading. Let us know what you think.

Mobileread member ZodWallop is also a big fan. Chime in, Zod!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:19 PM   #5
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
All of Bentley Little's books are good, pretty much.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 11:35 PM   #6
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
My first Bentley Little was The Ignored. It was creative, compelling and original. I'd never read anything like it. He takes a concept that could be played for laughs, but takes it seriously and explores it in depth, going places I'd never have thought of.

Of those you listed, my second choice would be The Association. Another almost comical concept taken seriously and handled well.

The Walking, I remember not really caring for.

If you don't mind a recommendation that wasn't in your list (but is still in your $5 range), I'd recommend The Summoning. Bentley Little does two types of stories: social commentary (The Store, The Association, The Ignored) and straight-up horror (The Revalation, The Walking, Dominion). The Summoning is the second type. I won't say much about it, but it took a tired horror trope and did something original.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bentley little, horror, horror ebooks