Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2021, 11:45 PM   #16
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, that was going to be my next request, thanks .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:49 PM   #17
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you reading in a Landscape orientation?
Old 06-18-2021, 11:52 PM   #18
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Never in landscape. Not sure the Clara even does that.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 12:08 AM   #19
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Then it definitely works on my end, so, looks like it's debugging time ^^.

* Enable Developer mode on your device (just search for devmodeon)
* Set debug to 1 in nanoclock.ini
* Do a bunch of stuff for a while, ideally including letting it sit a few minutes on a page
* Connect your device to a computer over USB, and send me the most recent syslog file (they're dumped in the .kobo folder, if memory serves).
* (You can then disable developer mode by searching for, you guessed it, devmodeoff ).

That's the long way 'round. If you have shell access, just get me the output of logread | grep 'nanoclock\[[[:digit:]]\+\]' (you'll still need to enable debugging in nanoclock, obviously ;p).

I'll see how viable shoving that in a NickelMenu entry might be tomorrow, too.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:39 AM   #20
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Oh, yes. When I read, clock is not updated. Confirmed.

Edit: But, when I read with Koreader, clock is updated correctly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_C View Post
This is working great, except for the auto update. The time does auto update on the home screen and other main screens, but not while in a book. This is on a Clara HD with the battery charge % also displayed.

Looking at it another way, the NanoClock auto updates only on screens where the regular Kobo clock is also visible.

Of course, pages will be getting turned while in a book.

Last edited by Carmelocotonto; 06-19-2021 at 02:53 AM.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 11:36 AM   #21
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Then it definitely works on my end, so, looks like it's debugging time ^^.

* Enable Developer mode on your device (just search for devmodeon)
* Set debug to 1 in nanoclock.ini
* Do a bunch of stuff for a while, ideally including letting it sit a few minutes on a page
* Connect your device to a computer over USB, and send me the most recent syslog file (they're dumped in the .kobo folder, if memory serves).
* (You can then disable developer mode by searching for, you guessed it, devmodeoff ).

That's the long way 'round. If you have shell access, just get me the output of logread | grep 'nanoclock\[[[:digit:]]\+\]' (you'll still need to enable debugging in nanoclock, obviously ;p).

I'll see how viable shoving that in a NickelMenu entry might be tomorrow, too.
I attached the only log file I see after following your instructions. (I added a .txt extension so it would be allowed here.)
Attached Files
File Type: txt log-2021.06.19-10.07.51.txt (81.6 KB, 211 views)
Old 06-19-2021, 12:04 PM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Gah, I'd forgotten the fact that Nickel now encrypts those log dumps >_<".
Old 06-19-2021, 02:53 PM   #23
Phil_C
Addict

This acts the same on my two Clara's. Carmelocotonto also has a Clara, so that's three. Something specific there? Mine are patched, if that might make a difference, although I would not think so.

Anyway, it's still an improvement over the original MiniClock. And, from what I see around here, you will eventually figure something out...
Old 06-19-2021, 04:25 PM   #24
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I definitely can't reproduce on the H2O, but I'll give it a go on the Forma, even if this aspect of the code should be entirely device-agnostic... :}
Old 06-19-2021, 10:40 PM   #25
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Released v0.9.7, which employs some black magic to make autorefresh behave when combined with overlay or backgroundless .

----

That said, I couldn't reproduce any kind of issue with autorefresh, even on the Forma...

But, I've tweaked a few things in 0.9.7, so, who knows...
Do check the updated default config.

In particular, I've added a link to a NickelMenu config to dump the logs manually, as well as another native option that'll do the same. It only dumps the log when the config is reloaded though, which makes it a bit clunky to use if the only way you can modify the config is over USBMS (i.e., it means a first USBMS session to flip the switch, then another to actually get at the log).

@Carmelocotonto: Since you mentioned KOReader, one interesting data point would be to check if you actually see the clock ticking in KOReader's own USBMS tool... (as it's basically the same piece of code).
Old 06-20-2021, 12:11 AM   #26
Phil_C
Addict

New version installed. Still no auto update while in a book. Got a log by using the dump_log=true in the .ini file, but can't see anything of value in it. Just one line:

"Jun 19 22:56:57 nanoclock[467]: Config file was modified, reloading it"

Maybe I don't understand where or what to look for?

Let me know if there is something else I can do, and I'll try it tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2021, 12:40 AM   #27
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Phil_C: You'd need to enable debugging first for it to be any use .

The very low PID and lack of startup banner is mildly worrying, though...

e.g., it could look something like

Code:
Jun 20 06:42:26 nanoclock[759]: Initialized NanoClock v0.9.6-42-ga14f7e9 (2021-06-20) with FBInk v1.23.2-50-g9e6b568 for Kobo
Jun 20 06:42:26 nanoclock[759]: Updated clock (marker: 759)
Jun 20 06:42:26 nanoclock[759]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 759 vs. clock marker: 759 (found: true)
Jun 20 06:42:30 nanoclock[759]: No clock update necessary: damage rectangle 184x70+206+994 does not intersect with the clock's 80x32+991+1408
Jun 20 06:42:30 nanoclock[759]: Updated clock (marker: 760)
Jun 20 06:42:30 nanoclock[759]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 760 vs. clock marker: 760 (found: true)
Jun 20 06:42:47 nanoclock[759]: No clock update necessary: damage rectangle 260x488+280+233 does not intersect with the clock's 80x32+991+1408
Jun 20 06:42:48 nanoclock[759]: Updated clock (marker: 761)
Jun 20 06:42:48 nanoclock[759]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 761 vs. clock marker: 761 (found: true)
Jun 20 06:42:49 nanoclock[759]: Updated clock (marker: 762)
Jun 20 06:42:49 nanoclock[759]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 762 vs. clock marker: 762 (found: true)
Jun 20 06:42:52 nanoclock[759]: Updated clock (marker: 763)
Jun 20 06:42:52 nanoclock[759]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 763 vs. clock marker: 763 (found: true)
Jun 20 06:42:53 nanoclock[759]: Updated clock (marker: 764)
Jun 20 06:42:53 nanoclock[759]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 764 vs. clock marker: 764 (found: true)
Jun 20 06:43:00 nanoclock[759]: Updated clock (marker: 765)
Jun 20 06:43:00 nanoclock[759]: No clock update necessary: damage marker: 765 vs. clock marker: 765 (found: true)
Jun 20 06:43:29 nanoclock[759]: Tripped IN_CLOSE_WRITE for wd 1 (config's: 1)
Jun 20 06:43:29 nanoclock[759]: Config file was modified, reloading it

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-20-2021 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-20-2021, 12:45 AM   #28
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Oh, lightbulb: it's *nix line-endings, make sure you're using an actual text editor to view it (otherwise, you might indeed see weird stuff like a single giant line or something).

(I was under the impression even notepad finally did that right in current Win 10 versions, though...).

EDIT: Err, the config file is *also* using *nix line endings, so, that'd be super strange, unless you're using different apps for each file :?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-20-2021 at 12:48 AM.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:20 AM   #29
Phil_C
Addict

OK, I think I have it now. Log file attached...
Attached Files
File Type: txt nanoclock.log.txt (3.7 KB, 214 views)
Old 06-20-2021, 11:43 AM   #30
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yep, that's more like it .

And... I'm seeing the clock ticks working just fine. ... at least *after* the USB session.

Can you check how it looks after a cold boot, just in case? (Because it looks like that's the seventh time it's been switched to USB mode since boot).

Tags
clock, fbink, lua, miniclock, nanoclock