Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-11-2021, 06:19 PM   #1
usb3
usb3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Red face Get Metadata from TXT File When Importing

Hello all,

I've downloaded a few stories in .txt format, and they have the metadata embedded within the text file. The beginning of the files are all similar, as below:

[Title]

[Author]

Genre: [text]
Language: [text]
Published: [text]
Updated: [text]
Rating: [text]
Chapters: [text]
Words: [text]

Is there a way to have calibre recognize these fields and add them to the metadata when importing? I've tried selecting the checkbox "Preferences>Adding books>Read metadata from file contents rather than file name" to no avail. I'll attach a sample file if that's helpful, too. Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Supernatural - 1Pagan3 - The Long Way Back.txt (326.0 KB, 35 views)
usb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isnt. calibre knows nothing about adhoc metadata formats in txt files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2021, 09:33 PM   #3
usb3
usb3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi,

Aww, sorry to hear it. Thanks for the quick reply, though!
usb3 is offline   Reply With Quote