Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-07-2021, 03:17 PM   #16
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post

ETA: I forgot to mention that Phobio put this in their initial email to me: "Your quote is valid for 21 days from March 12, 2021. Please ship in your device soon." Hopefully they count the day it was shipped and not the date it arrives...
I’m going through this kind of thing right now. I was sent a free post satchel (plastic bag, in reality) with tracking, and sent my phone off the same day i received the satchel. The terms for me (for anyone using Mobile Monster) are 14 days from the day of the sell order. Now, I know (bcause of tracking) that my phone was delivered on Day 13. I’m waiting for them now to process and pay me at the rate they offered. But I am expecting excuses and a reduced rate. I have not heard anything from them at all, about receiving the phone, and “processing” it. MM has a good reputation amongst people who use them, I’ve never dealt with them before so its going to be interesting. (But, I am getting anxious)
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:30 PM   #17
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Your guess is as good as mine. There is a link that reads Visit the Apple Store next to many of the Apple products. Pressing the link brings up what certainly appears to be an Apple Store front within Amazon.com. It isn’t unusual to see companies like Apple allowing Amazon to sell, warehouse, and ship their products. A lot of companies do that. After all, Amazon is much better at warehousing and propositioning items for fast delivery than most companies like Apple. I guess one would have to hire a battery of lawyers and somehow get them permission to read the Amazon/Apple contracts to know exactly what to call Apple's presence on Amazon. Since that isn't going to happen, it really isn't worth the time to speculate over, IMO.
And yet, you have a long winded response speculating.

I just tried three different products, from different companies, and all three had a "visit the xxx store."
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:16 AM   #18
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
And yet, you have a long winded response speculating.

I just tried three different products, from different companies, and all three had a "visit the xxx store."
I guess you just like to argue with everyone for no apparent reason. As I mentioned earlier in at least one post, Apple Retail Stores in my area are not excepting trade ins due to COVID-19 restrictions. If you want to use the Apple trade in program here, you have to use the mail in service until such time as the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:42 AM   #19
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I guess you just like to argue with everyone for no apparent reason. As I mentioned earlier in at least one post, Apple Retail Stores in my area are not excepting trade ins due to COVID-19 restrictions. If you want to use the Apple trade in program here, you have to use the mail in service until such time as the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
I just asked a simple question. You said something, so I assumed you knew something. From your post, I interpreted that you were saying "it was apple's store at Amazon", and I don't think you are correct. When replying, a simple "I don't know" is acceptable, instead of a long winded/back peddling response.

In another thread, you speculated that Apple was coming out with a new product because it was on sale at Amazon.

You say something about Apple gift cards not being honored at Amazon. I'm surprised you would think they would be, unless you believe that it is Apple's store at Amazon. When I go to Best Buy, PC Richards, Walmart, ... I don't expect them to honor Apple Gift cards just because they have an Apple section.

I believe that it is just an "Apple section" on Amazon, just like just about every vendor has there own "section" on Amazon. For example, they have "Visit the tp-link store", "visit the Apple store", "visit the jenga store", "visit the medline store", ...
Old 04-08-2021, 12:40 PM   #20
Phobio Support
Phobio Support
Phobio Support began at the beginning.

Device: Computer
Greetings OtinG,

We understand your frustration regarding the unexpected payment delay, however, we are glad to hear you have received your payment. At Phobio we have numerous payment methods such as; the Apple Gift Card, Costco Cash Card, refund to your debit or credit, and B&H refund.

We would love to have you as a returning customer in the future.

If you have any questions regarding the trade-in process, please email me at phobiohelper@gmail.com

Thank you for your business and patience.

Chadwick with Phobio Support
Phobio Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:56 PM   #21
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobio Support View Post
Greetings OtinG,

We understand your frustration regarding the unexpected payment delay, however, we are glad to hear you have received your payment. At Phobio we have numerous payment methods such as; the Apple Gift Card, Costco Cash Card, refund to your debit or credit, and B&H refund.

We would love to have you as a returning customer in the future.

If you have any questions regarding the trade-in process, please email me at phobiohelper@gmail.com

Thank you for your business and patience.

If that is Phobio's attitude, I for one will be sure to avoid them.
Old 04-09-2021, 09:19 AM   #22
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Greetings OtinG,

At Phobio we have numerous payment methods such as; the Apple Gift Card, Costco Cash Card, refund to your debit or credit, and B&H refund.

I didn't have any choice in method when I sent my Ipad in, is there a way to change it from the Apple Gift Card (I haven't received my gift card yet) or does an Apple product always require an Apple Gift Card?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 02:54 PM   #23
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
MM has a good reputation amongst people who use them, I’ve never dealt with them before so its going to be interesting. (But, I am getting anxious)
Well! I’m impressed with Mobile Monster now. I received a text about 4 hours after my last post, saying the sale had been approved at the price originally quoted, and the money was in my Paypal less than 24 hours later. Any Aussies reading on this thread... Mobile Monster are a great alternative to the kerfuffle involved with Gumtree or Facebook market. Sure, could have got more there (maybe) but in the end, the convenience of MM was worth any losses. I’ll be using my bank account next time instead of paypal, those fees are a tad excessive, I reckon.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:54 AM   #24
Phobio Support
Phobio Support

@peaceridge when you create your initial trade-in, that is when you have the option to choose your payment method. Phobio offers a Costco, B&H, and Apple Gift Card as methods in which you can get your payment in. The payment depends on what type of trade-in you are completing with us and which website or trade-in portal you choose. Apple offers to refund the trade-in purchase back to your original method of payment as well.

Once a trade is initiated, we cannot change the payment method, unless you cancel the whole trade-in before sending the device to Phobio.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:06 PM   #25
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
@peaceridge when you create your initial trade-in, that is when you have the option to choose your payment method. Phobio offers a Costco, B&H, and Apple Gift Card as methods in which you can get your payment in. The payment depends on what type of trade-in you are completing with us and which website or trade-in portal you choose. Apple offers to refund the trade-in purchase back to your original method of payment as well.

Once a trade is initiated, we cannot change the payment method, unless you cancel the whole trade-in before sending the device to Phobio.
Thanks, useful information for next time.

Unlike the original poster, I just want to say so far everything is working fine for me. I initiated the request March 31, packaging came in on June 5 (after Easter w/e so expected slow FedX). I was out of town, but picked up packaging on the 7th and Fedxed it the same day. Received according to FX on Friday, the 9th. Acknowledged, inspected, and approved by Phobio on Monday the 12th. Now awaiting payment processing. Assuming your payment company is as quick, I'll be very happy with the entire process.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:51 PM   #26
Phobio Support
Phobio Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Thanks, useful information for next time.

Unlike the original poster, I just want to say so far everything is working fine for me. I initiated the request March 31, packaging came in on June 5 (after Easter w/e so expected slow FedX). I was out of town, but picked up packaging on the 7th and Fedxed it the same day. Received according to FX on Friday, the 9th. Acknowledged, inspected, and approved by Phobio on Monday the 12th. Now awaiting payment processing. Assuming your payment company is as quick, I'll be very happy with the entire process.
Hello @peaceridge,

I am extremely ecstatic that everything went great with your trade-in. We are always here to provide great service to our customers.

Please don't hesitate to reach out, if you need any further assistance.
Old 04-19-2021, 11:23 AM   #27
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Well considering that an article on MacRumors states that Phobio has had a large uptick in the number of complaints against them, it seems likely I’m only one of multitudes who have had issues with them. BTW, I’m not sure the Phobio post here is even legitimate. Anyone can use any name they want to sign up for a login. It seems rather suspicious that Phobio would even be monitoring a forum designed more for eBook enthusiasts than anything else.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:56 AM   #28
Phobio Support
Phobio Support

Hello @OtinG,

This is the official Phobio Support page, I know it is shocking to see us responding to forums. We want all of our customers to know that we are listening and we try our very best to respond to anything that is Phobio related, rather its a forum, Better Business Sites we want to stay active and provide great feedback. I'd still like to look over the trade-in you had with us to see how I could possibly be of some assistance to you. Could you send me an email at ClarkS@phobio.com?