Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Your info panel shows ClaraHD.
Existing icons for the Nav bar on this model are 42x42px PNG
Yes, my first ereader is Clara HD. Onyx is the second one (I like android too).
Thanks for the information. I will try it with several icons. I will tell you.

EDIT: I have changed 'label' and 'non-active button'. I have read the following greek1011's post. All is ok, it works!

Last edited by Carmelocotonto; 01-11-2021 at 12:23 PM.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:17 PM   #407
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
The first line seems to work (after a reboot) but the nm_active.png in the second line never seems to get used.
Yes, that's intentional. I'm only exposing the options used internally, but since NM's button is never actually active, the second icon is never used. That's why I set it to the non-active one by default.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:37 PM   #408
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Yes, that's intentional. I'm only exposing the options used internally, but since NM's button is never actually active, the second icon is never used. That's why I set it to the non-active one by default.
You seem to be saying I may as well remove the second line because it's never going to do anything? I'm sure there's some logic here, but have to admit to not understanding why the "active" option exists in the documentation.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #409
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You seem to be saying I may as well remove the second line because it's never going to do anything? I'm sure there's some logic here, but have to admit to not understanding why the "active" option exists in the documentation.
Yes . It's is an experimental option, so it doesn't necessarily make sense .
Old 01-12-2021, 01:53 AM   #410
DevonHess
Can't actually read
DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DevonHess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kindle PW2
Wow, the search functions open up a lot of cool possibilities. Instant google translate was the first thing that came to mind.

Code:
menu_item:selection_search:Google Translate:nickel_browser:modal:https://translate.google.com/m?sl=auto&tl=en&q={1||%}
Great work.

Last edited by DevonHess; 01-18-2021 at 12:26 PM.
DevonHess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 06:28 AM   #411
Semwize

Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo
@geek1011

Can't put images in the 'nm' folder? It gives an error.

Last edited by Semwize; 01-14-2021 at 02:42 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:19 AM   #412
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonHess View Post
Wow, the search functions open up a lot of cool possibilities. Instant google translate was the first thing that came to mind.
My first use was for series-specific wikis. I also use this feature for quickly sending text to the clipboard on my computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Can't put images in the 'nm' folder? It gives an error.
Put a dot before the filename to hide it.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:39 AM   #413
RobertJSawyer
Fanatic
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Aura, Mini; Kindle PaperWhite
Hi, @Geek1011. You wrote, "I also use this feature for quickly sending text to the clipboard on my computer."

What's the Nickel Menu command to do that, please?
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 03:14 PM   #414
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
Hi, @Geek1011. You wrote, "I also use this feature for quickly sending text to the clipboard on my computer."

What's the Nickel Menu command to do that, please?
It's not a single NM command . I have a custom service running a HTTP API server for stuff like this on my computer (which runs Linux, and I think you use Windows) which handles stuff like that, and I use `curl` to send the clipboard text to it.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:46 PM   #415
Semwize

Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Semwize can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
Put a dot before the filename to hide it.
I created folder .adds/nm/icon
It is not clear why it does not work when the icon is in the nm folder, but not fundamentally.

Thanks for the new feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	184738  

Last edited by Semwize; 01-14-2021 at 08:29 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:05 PM   #416
Creeperm4n
Creeperm4n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Creeperm4n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Creeperm4n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Creeperm4n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Creeperm4n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
koreader works on this, but when i rebooted via plato, nickelmenu dissapeared
Creeperm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:12 PM   #417
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
@Creeperm4n: That usually means you tripped the failsafe, which shouldn't really be possible anymore, because the timer expires before user interaction is possible.

c.f., the docs/FAQ.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 03:45 PM   #418
gogu1904
Connoisseur
gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gogu1904 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura One LE
In order to use a personal icon for the Nickel Menu menu, how do I find out the correct PNG size for the Kobo Aura One LE, please? Thank you.
gogu1904 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:06 PM   #419
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogu1904 View Post
In order to use a personal icon for the Nickel Menu menu, how do I find out the correct PNG size for the Kobo Aura One LE, please? Thank you.
The size is not important. For example my png is 128 x 128. Kobo resizes the image.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 05:34 PM   #420
Elektron
World's Smartest Idiot
Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elektron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 (mark 7), Kobo Mini
Where do I put the custom icon?
TIA.
Elektron is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel