Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-01-2020, 03:01 PM   #331
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Reader
@davidfor: should I "release" your beta version (1.7.7)?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:58 PM   #332
Penny_Dreadful
Connoisseur
Penny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud ofPenny_Dreadful has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle PW3 (G090G1)
@davidfor @chaley I've been using it since it's release with no problems whatsoever, thanks again Davidfor for your work on this
Penny_Dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 06:01 PM   #333
kevinrs
Enthusiast
kevinrs began at the beginning.

Device: nook
The version history is showing the wrong year for this latest update.
kevinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 06:04 PM   #334
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrs View Post
The version history is showing the wrong year for this latest update.
Fixed
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #335
mneimeyer
mneimeyer began at the beginning.

Device: Android / iOS
Bug: POST searches (at least to FictionDB) return an error "TypeError:a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'"

In the case of FictionDB I was able to flip those from POST to GET and the searches worked fine so I'm okay-dokie.

Thanks!
mneimeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 02:17 AM   #336
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to version 1.8.1

I have just released version 1.8.1 of the plugin. The only change is for the problem reported by @mneimeyer. This a missed change in the Python 3 migration.

Note: While testing this, the FictionDB are the only examples of POST being used. But, even with this fix these will probably not work. The FictionDB site has changed so that these searches do not work properly. If someone has fixes these, I can update the plugin to use them.

Calibre will announce the update to the plugin in the next hour or so. If you have issues with the plugin, please report them here.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 12:06 PM   #337
unabatedshagie
Enthusiast
unabatedshagie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Is anyone still having issues with the plugin when you click on customise plug-in?

I posted a year or so back about every time I click on customise plug-in it causes Calibre to crash.

I've not really used Calibre much in the last year or so but after updating Calibre to 5.8.1 and the plugin to 1.8.1 and I still seem to be having the same issue.

The plug-in seems to work as in I can click on any of the default entries and the search is performed. I just can't customise the plug-in to add/edit my own entries.
unabatedshagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 01:48 PM   #338
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by unabatedshagie View Post
Is anyone still having issues with the plugin when you click on customise plug-in?

I posted a year or so back about every time I click on customise plug-in it causes Calibre to crash.

I've not really used Calibre much in the last year or so but after updating Calibre to 5.8.1 and the plugin to 1.8.1 and I still seem to be having the same issue.

The plug-in seems to work as in I can click on any of the default entries and the search is performed. I just can't customise the plug-in to add/edit my own entries.
Calibre 5.8.1 Windows 64 bits, Windows 10, no problem.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 04:49 PM   #339
capink
Addict
capink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipediacapink knows more than wikipedia

Device: Kindle
I never used this plugin before, but looking at the screenshots and taking a peek at the code, it seems to be using the same ImageComboBox in other kiwidude plugins I used.

I suspect, but not totally sure, that the problem might be related to this combobox.

The problem is that it loads the whole icon set for every entry in the table. So if have a lot of entries + huge number of icons in the resource directory, it can hog down the system.

I have noticed a lag when opening the customize dialog in the Open With plugin, on which actions chains dialog was based. I had solution that improved this for my plugin by caching the icons and re-using them.

Note that the problem is compounded by having a very large resources/images directory, which can happen if you are using the a custom icon theme. And becomes worse with adding more entries to the table.

How many rows you have in your config table? How many icons you have in the resource directory? Are you using a custom icon theme?

If you are using a custom icon theme rename the resources/images directory, which should make calibre revert to the default them (and deprive the combobox from those icons), and see whether that makes a difference.

Edit: Another possible fix for this is cleaning the json file from unused entries. Note that removing the json file altogether might not work, because the plugin seems to create huge number of default entries, and those need to be remove.

Last edited by capink; 01-01-2021 at 06:16 PM.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 05:57 PM   #340
unabatedshagie
Enthusiast

Could someone share their config file so I could manually modify it to do what I want since I can't use the GUI to modify it.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:59 PM   #341
unabatedshagie
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Calibre 5.8.1 Windows 64 bits, Windows 10, no problem.
I'm using Calibre 5.9 (not sure if it being the portable version would make a difference) on Windows 10.

Are there any logs or a debug mode where I can try and find out what is causing Calibre to crash?

So, looking through some recent posts in this thread I found this one which mentions removing all disabled entries from the .json file. I have managed to find an old .json file in this thread, removed all disabled entries and now I'm able to use the GUI to edit the settings.

Last edited by unabatedshagie; 01-12-2021 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:22 PM   #342
dunhill
Addict
dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
People, thanks to the file that Davidfor left
I have the complement translated into Spanish, to whom do I pass the file?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	22.png
Views:	16
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	184715   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.png
Views:	15
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	184716  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:20 AM   #343
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
People, thanks to the file that Davidfor left
I have the complement translated into Spanish, to whom do I pass the file?
Was that the JSON file? If so, the best thing might be to just post it for anyone to use. The file is created the first time any configuration changes are made. After that, you would need to edit the file and copy your changes.

The default searches are in the code. Most have the description as something like "site name for Author" and "site name for Title". As most of the site names should not be translated, I feel like splitting these to "site name" and "for Author" would allow easy translation. Or changing to "{0} for Title" with the site name as a parameter.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 08:51 AM   #344
dunhill
Addict
dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dunhill can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Was that the JSON file? If so, the best thing might be to just post it for anyone to use. The file is created the first time any configuration changes are made. After that, you would need to edit the file and copy your changes.

The default searches are in the code. Most have the description as something like "site name for Author" and "site name for Title". As most of the site names should not be translated, I feel like splitting these to "site name" and "for Author" would allow easy translation. Or changing to "{0} for Title" with the site name as a parameter.

They are not the mo and po files. Private delivery
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:43 PM   #345
lairdb
dog ear
lairdb began at the beginning.

Device: lots
& (and other specials?) not being translated?

I don't have the old one to compare, but I'm fairly sure that the plugin previously encoded special characters in substituted templates. (Or it handled multivalue templates differently, or something.)

Example issue: the {author} string
Code:
Hans Rosling & Ola Rosling & Anna Rosling R÷nnlund
now comes through as
Code:
Hans%20Rosling%20&%20Ola%20Rosling%20&%20Anna%20Rosling%20R÷nnlund
...and although the spaces are encoded, the ampersands are not and break the URL.

Do I now need a function wrapping each template entry, or...?

Thanks.

(Calibre 5.9, plugin 1.8.1. Also, incidentally, opening Customize and clicking help yields an exception, pasted below.)
Spoiler:
Code:
calibre, version 5.9.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:write() argument must be str, not bytes

calibre 5.9 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 36, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 36, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Goodreads Sync (1, 15, 0) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 36, 0) && KFX Input (1, 36, 0) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Overdrive Link (2, 44, 0) && Quality Check (1, 11, 0) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.config", line 982, in help_link_activated
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 279, in show_help
  File "calibre_plugins.search_the_internet.action", line 277, in get_help_file_resource
TypeError: write() argument must be str, not bytes
lairdb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book details, search the internet