Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #781
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromaslez View Post
I use Kindle Keyboard and on old Python versions Annotations worked OK. Now once I plug device in on 1.13.0 the Annotations icon just disappears and I cannot use Fetch annotations anymore.
Please run calibre in debug mode and post the log
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:46 PM   #782
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
It is difficult to add support for sony PRS-T1
I had a look at the database from a Sony a long time ago. It shouldn't be to hard to do it. But, I don't have one. That makes developing it from scratch a bit hard as I have no way of testing if it works. If someone wants to do it, I am happy to help with suggestions.

For anyone who is interested, the simplistic thing would be to take the KoboTouch code and replace the SQL used to get the annotations with the appropriate SQL for the Sony device. And work out why that didn't work.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #783
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromaslez View Post
I use Kindle Keyboard and on old Python versions Annotations worked OK. Now once I plug device in on 1.13.0 the Annotations icon just disappears and I cannot use Fetch annotations anymore.
That could be that the icon has been removed from the device toolbar. When a device is connected, calibre changes the toolbar to one that includes device actions. You can customise this in the preferences. Make sure the plugin is on it.

Otherwise, as @PeterT said, please run calibre in debug mode and post the debug log.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:54 PM   #784
groob
Enthusiast
groob began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by groob View Post
Hello, a new user here.
I 'm on Calibre 5.2.0 and Kindle Paperwhite (1st gen) and I'm having the exact same issue
Hello again, when I said I have the same issue I've meant also the same log.
I've debugged and got the same error quoted in my post, anything else I can do to debug?
groob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 06:11 PM   #785
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by groob View Post
Hello again, when I said I have the same issue I've meant also the same log.
I've debugged and got the same error quoted in my post, anything else I can do to debug?
Sorry, I have fixed this, and I thought I had released a beta. But, I don't appear to have. I will try and put one out tonight.
Old 11-21-2020, 07:05 AM   #786
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Attached is a beta that should work for calibre version 5 and Kindles. I hope. I don't have any way to test these changes but, had to do similar changes for tolino devices, and I am able to test these.

The changes in this beta are:
  • Fix: Python 3 work had not been completed for tolinos and Kindles.
  • Update: Various backend changed that should improve performance.
  • New: Add support for Sony devices. From @Cibes.

The support for Sony devices was prompted by @dunhill question and a private discussion. I knew it had been discussed and when I searched I found that @Cibes had posted a link several years ago and then disappeared. There are no references to anyone trying it. I have added the code into the plugin and updated as necessary. It should work, but, I have no way of testing it.

There have also been a reports of problems getting annotations from Kindles. I have not had much luck working out why. But, I have added some extra logging in this version. Hopefully that will help work out what is going on.

For the Sony and Kindle support, if there are any problems, please run calibre in debug mode ad post the log. Or send it to me in a PM. Hopefully I can work out what is wrong from that.

Last edited by davidfor; 11-21-2020 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Removed beta as there is a later version.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:19 PM   #787
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Fix decode error in Kindle

Here is another beta of the plugin. I missed one of the changes needed in the Kindle code. @groob had the misfortune of finding it There are no other changes.

Last edited by davidfor; 11-21-2020 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Removed beta as there is a later version.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:22 PM   #788
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Beta - Sort issue in the Import Annotations dialog

Another beta brought to you by the keen eyes of @groob. This time, it is an error sorting the annotations in the dialog. I think it can only happen if the sorting is by the last annotations column.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-14-2020 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Removed beta as there is a later version.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:48 AM   #789
ChipAHoy
Thistle Sifter
ChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notesChipAHoy can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Annotations plugin and highlights

I have the annotations plugin, and have highlighted several parts of books I have read. Where do I find the notes and highlights? How does the annotations plugin work? There doesn't seem to be an option for customizing the plugins.
ChipAHoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #790
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
I have the annotations plugin, and have highlighted several parts of books I have read. Where do I find the notes and highlights? How does the annotations plugin work? There doesn't seem to be an option for customizing the plugins.
Moderator Notice

Please post queries about a specific plugin in the plugin's thread

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #791
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipAHoy View Post
Have you looked at the first post? It explains all the basics: What the plugin does, how to configure it, how to use it. And the plugin has help. It does have more information than the first post. If after reading some of that, and you still have questions, please come back and ask any questions.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:36 AM   #792
kblair210
Enthusiast
kblair210 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Just wanted to provide feedback that with the last beta you posted in this thread, I can now pull annotations from my Kindle Oasis. So thank you!
kblair210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #793
vmz
vmz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Hello, i installed latest posted beta into Calibre v5.7.2 on OS X 10.14.6, and I can't see any UI elements to use the plugin, when I try to configure it via Calibre settings it throws an error: "You must restart Calibre". I restarted calibre, deleted the plugin, restarted again, installed again, restarted, but the problem persists. I guess this is due to incompatibility of v5.7.2 with a beta plugin version?
vmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #794
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmz View Post
Hello, i installed latest posted beta into Calibre v5.7.2 on OS X 10.14.6, and I can't see any UI elements to use the plugin, when I try to configure it via Calibre settings it throws an error: "You must restart Calibre". I restarted calibre, deleted the plugin, restarted again, installed again, restarted, but the problem persists.
Same here on Linux.
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:53 PM   #795
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmz View Post
Hello, i installed latest posted beta into Calibre v5.7.2 on OS X 10.14.6, and I can't see any UI elements to use the plugin, when I try to configure it via Calibre settings it throws an error: "You must restart Calibre". I restarted calibre, deleted the plugin, restarted again, installed again, restarted, but the problem persists. I guess this is due to incompatibility of v5.7.2 with a beta plugin version?
This is a case of for me.

There was a change in calibre 5.7.0 to change the way IPC worked. Which the plugin had been using to notify calibre when the UI should be refreshed. But, while working on the previous beta, I changed how this was done. Unfortunately, I left the code in the plugin in case it was actually needed. It isn't, so the attached beta removes it completely.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-25-2020 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.

Tags
sampleexportingapp