Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-29-2020, 02:09 AM   #406
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Terisa de morgan - FWIW:

SauliusP has posted a somewhat cavalier message to his [GUI Plugin] Save To Format thread Ψ³

BR
Yes, I saw it. As I had already begun with this plugin, I'll try to finish... and that''s all
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 02:49 AM   #407
FritzM
FritzM began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you very much HyphenateThis_beta_0.1.2 is working fine.
Fritz
FritzM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:15 AM   #408
Vroo
Zealot
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of Kindles, PocketBook HD3/InkpadX, inkBOOK, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Could you try this beta? I think it handles the problem with German language.
I just checked: HyphenateThis_beta_0.1.2.zip - works fine for a couple books in Polish (adding/removing soft hyphens in epub files). Thanks!
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 06:31 AM   #409
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzM View Post
Thank you very much HyphenateThis_beta_0.1.2 is working fine.
Fritz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroo View Post
I just checked: HyphenateThis_beta_0.1.2.zip - works fine for a couple books in Polish (adding/removing soft hyphens in epub files). Thanks!
But did either of you test with 4.23?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:09 AM   #410
FritzM
FritzM began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But did either of you test with 4.23?
Sorry no,
Fritz
FritzM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:06 AM   #411
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzM View Post
Sorry no,
Fritz
Testing with 4.23 has to happen. I cannot test with German eBooks.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:39 AM   #412
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
@Terisa: JSWolf has provided me a phantastic workaround, but HyphenateThis_beta_0.1.2. is working well here, too.
Thank you, Terisa!

Edit: Calibre v. 5.0.

Last edited by Leonatus; 09-29-2020 at 09:44 AM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:45 AM   #413
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
@Terisa: JSWolf has provided me a phantastic workaround, but HyphenateThis_beta_0.1.2. is working well here, too.
Thank you, Terisa!

Edit: Calibre v. 5.0.
Please try 0.1.2 with Calibre 4.23.

The idea is for the plugin to work with both 4.23 and 5.x.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:47 AM   #414
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Please try 0.1.2 with Calibre 4.23.

The idea is for the plugin to work with both 4.23 and 5.x.
What do I have to do to come back to 4.23?
Old 09-29-2020, 10:24 AM   #415
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
What do I have to do to come back to 4.23?
If you run Windows, install the 4.23 portable version. If you don't run Windows, see if you can install 4.23 alongside 5.x. If you cannot run 4.23 alongside 5.x, then you'll have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling to do the testing.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:32 AM   #416
Leonatus
Wizard

O.k. I found it out ... and, alas, 0.1.2. is not working under Calibre 4.23:
calibre, version 4.23.0
Code:
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>TypeError</b>:'encoding' is an invalid keyword argument for this function

calibre 4.23 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 2.7.16+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Modify ePub (1, 5, 6) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 2, 15) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 5) && Resize Cover (1, 1, 0) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 2) && Count Pages (1, 10, 0) && KePub Output (3, 2, 15)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction", line 120, in hyphenate
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction", line 94, in _select_books
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenator", line 174, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenator", line 89, in __init__
TypeError: 'encoding' is an invalid keyword argument for this function
Old 09-29-2020, 01:43 PM   #417
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
This version, at least, finishes both in 4.23 and 5.01 with books in English, Spanish and German, and ePub and AZW3. The result? No idea

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-30-2020 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Remove attachment - now in the release
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #418
nagyv
nagyv began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
Smile Where to contribute?

Hi,

this is a great plugin, and I'd like to use its functionality from the command line, when I create a new epub. I thought to look at its source code. Clearly, I can unpack the plugin and start from there, but it might be nicer to start with a fork, if possible.

So, is there a gitlab or github repo where one can contribute? (I'd recommend adding it to the first post too.)
nagyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:24 PM   #419
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyv View Post
Hi,

this is a great plugin, and I'd like to use its functionality from the command line, when I create a new epub. I thought to look at its source code. Clearly, I can unpack the plugin and start from there, but it might be nicer to start with a fork, if possible.

So, is there a gitlab or github repo where one can contribute? (I'd recommend adding it to the first post too.)
I suggest you wait until the new version is officially posted. That way you'll be starting from a version that works under Python 2 and Python 3. As for github, there isn't such for this plugin.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #420
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
This version, at least, finishes both in 4.23 and 5.01 with books in English, Spanish and German, and ePub and AZW3. The result? No idea
With Calibre 4.23 and English, it's working. Now to test 5.0.1.

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hypenation, hyphenate this, hyphenation, spaces