Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-20-2020, 03:41 PM   #1891
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Karp View Post
Right now, the home screen on my Clara HD is showing 5529 books on the device. However, Calibre thinks I only have 5528 books.

Is there a way--in the Kobo Utilities or elsewhere--to find out what that one extra book is?
In calibre's Device view, sort by the In Library column. The extra book should end up at the top or bottom of the list.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:59 PM   #1892
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Karp View Post
Right now, the home screen on my Clara HD is showing 5529 books on the device. However, Calibre thinks I only have 5528 books.
When the device is connected in calibre, click on the device (rather than the library), and search for inlibrary:false
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:11 PM   #1893
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
In device view: click the titlebar 'in library'.
it should be at one end of the list
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:15 PM   #1894
jbennion
jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony reader PRS-650
Problem with copying annotations

I like to copy annotations from books I've read into a note file on my computer. I *think* this may be related to a recent Firmware upgrade. (I'm on 4.23). When I select "Copy Annotation for Selected Book," it doesn't throw an error, but the resulting window is blank, there is nothing for me to copy. I used to do this all the time, so I'm not sure what changed.

I can also choose the annotations button. It says it's communicating with the KoboTouchExtended driver, and it does successfully fetch the annotations for my entire library. So hopefully this means it's just a minor issue.
jbennion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:02 PM   #1895
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbennion View Post
I like to copy annotations from books I've read into a note file on my computer. I *think* this may be related to a recent Firmware upgrade. (I'm on 4.23). When I select "Copy Annotation for Selected Book," it doesn't throw an error, but the resulting window is blank, there is nothing for me to copy. I used to do this all the time, so I'm not sure what changed.

I can also choose the annotations button. It says it's communicating with the KoboTouchExtended driver, and it does successfully fetch the annotations for my entire library. So hopefully this means it's just a minor issue.
I have used both of these annotations functions in the last week without problems, so they should be working with the current firmware. I need to see a debug log to try and see what is going on.

To do this, right-click the preferences button and choose the restart in debug mode option. Calibre will restart and show a message about the debug log. Connect the device and when the connection jobs are finished, try to get the annotations. After that, close calibre and the log will be displayed. Post the full contents of the log, or PM it to me to look at.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:36 PM   #1896
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbennion View Post
I like to copy annotations from books I've read into a note file on my computer. I *think* this may be related to a recent Firmware upgrade. (I'm on 4.23). When I select "Copy Annotation for Selected Book," it doesn't throw an error, but the resulting window is blank, there is nothing for me to copy.
I can replicate this with at least one book, a kepub converted from azw3,the attached screenshot shows how it looks. the second screenshot shows another kepub, not converted from azw3, from which the annotations where imported at the same time as those from the azw3-sourced kepub via the Annotations tool
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	azw3.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	313.7 KB
ID:	182087   Click image for larger version

Name:	kepub.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	310.5 KB
ID:	182088  
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:02 AM   #1897
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I can replicate this with at least one book, a kepub converted from azw3,the attached screenshot shows how it looks. the second screenshot shows another kepub, not converted from azw3, from which the annotations where imported at the same time as those from the azw3-sourced kepub via the Annotations tool
What does the file structure of the converted azw3 ebook look like? Does it have a single file for the entire contents of the ebook? I've seen that rather often as a source of odd issues.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:01 AM   #1898
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What does the file structure of the converted azw3 ebook look like? Does it have a single file for the entire contents of the ebook? I've seen that rather often as a source of odd issues.
Agreed (it's why I always do a check for 'Oversized HTML files' with the Quality Check plugin), but unless the entire book is smaller than 250K, a Calibre conversion will always split it up.

A KindleUnpack AZW3 -> EPUB format shift will not, though; that keeps the internal file structure intact.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:07 AM   #1899
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

Sorry, I don't know. I only posted those shots because the timing of the OP's post happened to coincide with my having seen the same issue. Since the majority of my reading is done on kepubs either bought from Kobo or sideloaded after having been converted from epubs, quirks of azw3 conversion don't bother me that much.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 06:08 AM   #1900
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Agreed (it's why I always do a check for 'Oversized HTML files' with the Quality Check plugin), but unless the entire book is smaller than 250K, a Calibre conversion will always split it up.

A KindleUnpack AZW3 -> EPUB format shift will not, though; that keeps the internal file structure intact.
But both the Calibra editor and Sigil allows easy splitting of HTML.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:13 AM   #1901
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But both the Calibra editor and Sigil allows easy splitting of HTML.
and the offer slightly different ways, so one should fit YOUR work style
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:26 AM   #1902
nreuter
nreuter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H²O
Question urllib2 missing in Calibre 5

I just installed Calibre 5 and connected my Aura H2O. Check for new firmware update showed the error message "urllib2 missing".

Any ideas?
nreuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 03:47 AM   #1903
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nreuter View Post
I just installed Calibre 5 and connected my Aura H2O. Check for new firmware update showed the error message "urllib2 missing".

Any ideas?
Sorry, I thought I had fixed and released that. I'll fix it over the weekend.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:05 AM   #1904
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 2.11.5

I have just released version 2.11.5 of the plugin. This fixes a couple for Python 3 problems for calibre version 5. Including the problem reported by @nreuter.

The plugin should still be compatible with most versions of calibre, though I have only test recently with 3.48 and 4.23.

Calibre should announce the update in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 09-25-2020, 08:37 PM   #1905
JDesat
Connoisseur
JDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beautyJDesat does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD
Earlier today I installed Calibre version 5, then later in the day I installed version 2.11.5 of the plugin. I didn't connect my Kobo Clara HD in between so I don't know which is causing the issue, but given Calibre is working fine I suspect it is the plugin.

The issue is that when I plug in the Kobo and it runs the scan through the books, it's always telling me that there are no new reading positions even though I know there are; I've been into a few books since it was last plugged in.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue or what I can show you to help fix it, but if you could look into it that would be great. Thanks!
JDesat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities