Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-27-2020, 04:05 PM   #901
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Attached is a version I think is ready for release, if some kind mod would oblige.

Version 1.6.13 - 27 Aug 2020
- Don't restrict search for auto-populated from search lists to current Virtual Library.
- Fix for moving books from list to same list, from davidfor

(I'm shelving for the time being the idea of date custom columns.)
Moderator Notice
done it for you
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:33 AM   #902
Gandulf
Zealot
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4
Reading form another tread, is it possible to generate a text file or something to send at the same time you sync to device?
Gandulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:34 AM   #903
thegameksk
thegameksk began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+
I have a new phone. I erased the old folder from my sd card and put SD into phone. Calibre sees my phone but when I hit sync now nothing happens or it gets stuck on waiting for calibre on my phone.

Last edited by thegameksk; 09-01-2020 at 07:44 AM.
thegameksk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:28 AM   #904
Gandulf
Zealot
Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gandulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post
I have a new phone. I erased the old folder from my sd card and put SD into phone. Calibre sees my phone but when I hit sync now nothing happens or it gets stuck on waiting for calibre on my phone.
Use CC.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:38 AM   #905
thegameksk
thegameksk began at the beginning.

Device: Moon+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandulf View Post
Use CC.
Its working now. Not sure what the issue was before with CC.
thegameksk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 07:14 PM   #906
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Reading form another tread, is it possible to generate a text file or something to send at the same time you sync to device?
Reading List plugin doesn't have any feature to do that.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 01:42 AM   #907
Gandulf
Zealot

Quote:
Reading List plugin doesn't have any feature to do that.
Thanks noticed that, but in next version is it possible to add something like that?
Old 09-02-2020, 05:51 AM   #908
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Thanks noticed that, but in next version is it possible to add something like that?
It might be a good idea to state what you actually want. At the moment, it sounds like you want a text file with random text in it sent to the the device at the same time the books are sent.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 05:53 AM   #909
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
What is the purpose of this text file?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:14 AM   #910
Gandulf
Zealot

In the other thread he wanted to find a way for kindle to show the books in series order, was suggested that he send a text file with the read order, so...

Was thinking that the reading list plugin let's you arange books in order and then sends them to your device, is it not possible that the plugin create a text file of the books it sends in the order the books are placed in the list and then send that same file with the books. That way if you reading a 8 book series you can just refer to the text file and read the books in the correct order.
Old 09-02-2020, 10:01 AM   #911
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Personally, I use Calibre's metadata plugboards feature to prepend the series to the title when sent to device. Look at the first example in the Techniques to use plugboards... thread.

Adding a list file via Reading List sounds less useful and more complex, both in design and for the user.

I'd need a much stronger use case to consider adding this. Especially since I'm just maintaining this plugin, I didn't create it.
Old 09-02-2020, 12:46 PM   #912
Gandulf
Zealot

Thanks was just curious.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #913
compurandom
Fanatic
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I have Reading List 1.19.11 installed.

I have a reading list that is
* autopopulated from books on device
* update column for add to list only
* column to update: tags

When this syncs with the device and the book isn't on the device, it deletes the tag even though it is set to "add to list only".

Is this how it is suppose to work?
compurandom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:13 PM   #914
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I dunno--you're using features I've never used and I didn't write it, so...

The relevant block of code appears to be:
Spoiler:

Code:
    def _rebuild_auto_device_list(self, db, list_name, on_device_ids):
        if DEBUG:
            prints('READING LIST: Auto-populating device list: ', list_name)
        existing_book_ids = set(cfg.get_book_list(db, list_name))
        ids_to_remove = list(existing_book_ids - on_device_ids)
        ids_to_add = list(on_device_ids - existing_book_ids)
        if DEBUG:
            prints('READING LIST: Removing %d ids from automatic list: %s' % (len(ids_to_remove), list_name))
        self.apply_tags_to_list(list_name, ids_to_remove, add=False, modify_action='TAGADDREMOVE')
        if DEBUG:
            prints('READING LIST: Adding %d ids to automatic list: %s' % (len(ids_to_add), list_name))
        # We will force the apply of tags to ALL items on the list, just in case the user
        # has only just specified a tag.
        self.apply_tags_to_list(list_name, list(on_device_ids), add=True, modify_action='TAGADDREMOVE')
        cfg.set_book_list(db, list_name, list(on_device_ids))
        ids_to_remove.extend(ids_to_add)
        return ids_to_remove

The code is explicitly ignoring the list's setting for modify_action when it's an auto-populated list.

That's the only place in the RL code that the apply_tags_to_list(...,modify_action=...) parameter is used, which suggests it was deliberate? (Interestingly, search populated lists explicitly disable updating column/tags from list.)

I think it would do what you want if the modify_action='TAGADDREMOVE' parameters are removed.

Attached is a version with that change. I haven't tested it -- use at your own risk and test it first.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-22-2020 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete test version
Old 09-20-2020, 10:51 PM   #915
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I dunno--you're using features I've never used and I didn't write it, so...

The relevant block of code appears to be:
Spoiler:

Code:
    def _rebuild_auto_device_list(self, db, list_name, on_device_ids):
        if DEBUG:
            prints('READING LIST: Auto-populating device list: ', list_name)
        existing_book_ids = set(cfg.get_book_list(db, list_name))
        ids_to_remove = list(existing_book_ids - on_device_ids)
        ids_to_add = list(on_device_ids - existing_book_ids)
        if DEBUG:
            prints('READING LIST: Removing %d ids from automatic list: %s' % (len(ids_to_remove), list_name))
        self.apply_tags_to_list(list_name, ids_to_remove, add=False, modify_action='TAGADDREMOVE')
        if DEBUG:
            prints('READING LIST: Adding %d ids to automatic list: %s' % (len(ids_to_add), list_name))
        # We will force the apply of tags to ALL items on the list, just in case the user
        # has only just specified a tag.
        self.apply_tags_to_list(list_name, list(on_device_ids), add=True, modify_action='TAGADDREMOVE')
        cfg.set_book_list(db, list_name, list(on_device_ids))
        ids_to_remove.extend(ids_to_add)
        return ids_to_remove

The code is explicitly ignoring the list's setting for modify_action when it's an auto-populated list.

That's the only place in the RL code that the apply_tags_to_list(...,modify_action=...) parameter is used, which suggests it was deliberate? (Interestingly, search populated lists explicitly disable updating column/tags from list.)

I think it would do what you want if the modify_action='TAGADDREMOVE' parameters are removed.

Attached is a version with that change. I haven't tested it -- use at your own risk and test it first.
To me that is very deliberate. The purpose of that type of list is to be able to see what books are on the device when it is not actually connected. Removing the book from the list, but, not removing the column value would be confusing. The point of setting the column is to have a way to search for the books that are on the device when the device is not connected. If you don't remove the value, you break that rule and it will almost definitely break searches people are using.
davidfor is online now   Reply With Quote