Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-12-2020, 09:28 PM   #1
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
Avoid Shenzhen JTWX aliexpress seller!!!

I came to warn you about this filthy seller. I have had problems with them two times, and most users from here too.

As I said, it happend two times. After the first time, I thought maybe it was a problem of the product being very recently released and maybe they enden existences and were waiting for the product to be on stock, so a couple of months ago I wanted to buy the Hisense A6, and the same problem happend.

On both products, they send me a non valid tracking number. With the first product they did it very quickly, and when asked about the tracking number not being correct the never answered me. Relating the second product, they didn't send me any tracking number, and after 10 days I decided to cancell the order. I informed the seller, and tried to cancell the order, but the seller has to accept it, and they never did. Then they send me the tracking number (a non correct one). Of course, the phone never arrived.

On the first case, they returned me the money, minus 20€, and give me an excuse for that. On the second case, they returned me all the money.

The thing is after the second case, the other seller who was selling the Hisense A6 rised the phone and shipping price saying it is because of the coronavirus, so now I should pay 30€ more for the same product.

I am not the only one who had problems with this seller. The first case product was the Hisense A5, and you can read on the thread dedicated to that phone, on the days of its first appeareance, MANY users complaining about that seller.

My advice is to never buy from them, because they claim to have products they don't have, specially the most new products, but also can happen with the "old" ones, like what happend to me with the Hisense A6
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:19 PM   #2
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I would consider yourself lucky to have gotten any money back at all from either of your purchase attempts. You do realize you are buying from individuals selling from a largely uncontrolled environment in China, don't you? My personal risk tolerance for a purchase like that would be about 50 cents.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2020, 10:30 PM   #3
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I would consider yourself lucky to have gotten any money back at all from either of your purchase attempts. You do realize you are buying from individuals selling from a largely uncontrolled environment in China, don't you? My personal risk tolerance for a purchase like that would be about 50 cents.
Yeah aliexpress is hit and miss, it’s questionable if you’ll get the item, if you’ll get the right item, and if the item won’t be broken. To say nothing of the potential delay of it getting to you.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:40 AM   #4
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
You do realize you are buying from individuals selling from a largely uncontrolled environment in China, don't you? My personal risk tolerance for a purchase like that would be about 50 cents.
The name alone would have warned me off.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 06:00 AM   #5
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
If you paid by credit card you could have contacted them and they should have refunded your money and then taken the money, paid to the seller, out of the sellers account.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2020, 09:11 AM   #6
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Until my attempt to buy the A5 when it first came out, I never had any issues buying from Aliexpress. The items I ordered arrived in due time and were as described.

However, my attempt to buy the A5 through Aliexpress was very frustrating. The fake tracking number was especially annoying as that prolonged the dispute process.

That said, I got every penny back. Aliexpress guarantees that. It's just that it takes time and you have to follow their procedures, making sure not to miss the deadlines.

I suspect the "seller" provided the fake tracking numbers in the hopes that people would miss the deadline for the dispute process. There can be delays in shipping from China, especially at the moment. If people believe their device is on the way, they might be hesitant to initiate a dispute, the deadline might pass, and the "seller" would then receive the funds from Aliexpress. Once the "seller" has received the funds, it might be very difficult to get your money back.

So, now, if I ever need a new phone or tablet, I will buy it from the CECT Shop instead. I was very pleased with the service they provided and they kept me informed of what was happening. They were also very good at responding to emails. I would highly recommend the CECT Shop to anyone wishing to purchase such a phone.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 10:41 AM   #7
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I had a bad experience (a scam) from an ebay seller in China. Ebay solved it for me, but on reading about it, it seems the majority of bad sellers are in China. I would buy from China again, but I would be very wary. It would require that they had a 99.9% approval rating. I'm sure there are honest sellers in China, but there are a lot of bad sellers. And yes, they try to utilize the delay in shipment crap to hope buyers won't dispute in time.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 12:37 PM   #8
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
I never had problems buying from aliexpress, and I bught many things. Once I even bought a 1000€ product from a Chinese seller and no problem at all. So the advice is not to not buy from Aliexpress, it is to not buy from Shenzen seller on AliExpress
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:08 PM   #9
orebmur
Veteran Linux user
orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orebmur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue Likebook Note & Mimas, Hisense A5, hopefully soon a PineNote
Bought a Hisense A5 from 'Shen Zhen Frank Technology Co., Ltd' with a multilingual ROM on 3rd of April and which was shipped 7 days later. After "only" three months of a COVID-19 restrained shipping odyssey it finally arrived today, and i'm almost glad about it because i actually thought having simply lost the amount of money i paid. This is the item:

es.aliexpress.com/item/4000750679110.html

The deal is a bad one, though. The only thing multilingual about that ROM is the full listing of every conceiveable language in the related settings menu. But whatever language other than English or Chinese is chosen, there is hardly any trace to be found in the actual system. I tried with Spanish, Catalan, French and even German, to no avail. One has to look really hard to find just a few neglectable traces of translations of the system.

Personally i am perfectly fine with an English language GUI, but this particular item was supposed to be a present for a non-English speaking person.

Last edited by orebmur; 07-21-2020 at 07:16 PM.
orebmur is offline   Reply With Quote