Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-31-2020, 04:26 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Tag Editor Question

Can someone explain exactly how the Mange Tags editor works? Does it only change the current tags, or does it keep track and always change new tags? Can it be used in multiple libraries?

I know that the Tag Editor plugin is for importing and recursivly changing tags and keeping the changes, but I hate using it and it never really seems to work for me. Plus if I make a mistake, it can effect the whole library.

It is just easier to use the manage tags and type in what the new tag should be. I just wish I could export the list and work on it outside Calibre, and then import it and use it in other libraries. I know that Job Spy uses this, but I am not sure if it works on other columns and not just tags.

Last edited by Rellwood; 05-31-2020 at 04:29 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:35 AM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"Import CSV to Update Metadata"

The Job Spy "Import CSV to Update Metadata" tool's ToolTips for the various checkboxes etc. explain that it works on all custom columns, including Tag-Like. That documentation is also included within the JS thread. One slide is attached below. Note the special functionality available for controlling Tags, which includes Tag-Like custom column Tags.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_import_csv_to_update_metadata_20191023.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	179630  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:36 PM   #3
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I can't seem to find the location of that dialog shown above.

I will check on the plugin forum
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 03:03 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Last item in the GUI tools that are metadata related menu

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote