Notices

Old 05-27-2020, 07:29 PM   #1
Dan__
Connoisseur
Dan__ began at the beginning.

Device: Nook - Simple Touch
Changes to the viewer

Hello,
If I can humbly ask, what happened to the sidebar that used to be in the epub viewer. Having the forward and back buttons as well as the text size buttons and the TOC available all the time were extremely useful and I have come to rely on them. Today I used the new version of the viewer for the first time and, to my suprise the entire sidebar was gone. Perhaps there is some way to get it to show that I don't know about. If so, please tell me how to do it. If not, please restore the sidebar. If some really don't like it, a preference option could be used to show/hide it.

Thank you,
Dan Essin
Dan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:33 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Tap 'Esc' there is a tick that will put the old one back if you want it more like the old way
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:27 PM   #3
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
When opening the book viewer, press esc, you will see some options. Tap preferences / Miselaneas and marks Show a toolbar with the most useful options and accept
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	129
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	179560   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.png
Views:	136
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	179564   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.png
Views:	140
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	179565   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.png
Views:	129
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	179566  

Last edited by dunhill; 05-27-2020 at 09:32 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 10:13 PM   #4
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan__ View Post
Hello,
If I can humbly ask, what happened to the sidebar that used to be in the epub viewer. Having the forward and back buttons as well as the text size buttons and the TOC available all the time were extremely useful and I have come to rely on them. Today I used the new version of the viewer for the first time and, to my suprise the entire sidebar was gone. Perhaps there is some way to get it to show that I don't know about. If so, please tell me how to do it. If not, please restore the sidebar. If some really don't like it, a preference option could be used to show/hide it.

Thank you,
Dan Essin
If you are not aware of the changes made to the epub viewer, then you have not been following the Calibre forums. There has been extensive discussion of the viewer changes and how to make the controls more like the old version.

As an aside I use the forums regularly but due to recent problems with my PC missed a discussion which which would have answered a request for help I posted

If you use Calibre regularly I suggest it would be useful to you, to keep up with the forums. You will also probably learn things that will be useful to you and help speed up your workflow.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:38 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Dan__ - press Ctrl/F11 to show/hide the toolbar, same as the old viewer.

The Viewer toolbar is now customisable, Viewer Preferences->Miscellaneous.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
viewer