Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #76
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
Added to the new beta.librera.mobi "Use Calibre metadata.opf" (Enabled by default)
Thank you for your prompt reply!

I'll try it during the day and report back on this thread with the results.

Most grateful,

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 11:50 AM   #77
Incanus
Incanus

Exclamation Calibre Metadata on Librera

foobnix:

On Calibre I used the "Save to disk" option, and I created a sub collection of epub, PDF and mobi files.

I then copied said files to a folder on my Android SD Card memory.

I configured the Beta version (file Librera Beta-8.3.24-arm64.apk) to read said folder making sure the .opf options were properly set up.

Librera does create a library with all of the books but:
  • Author and Title: Librera parses both correctly for epub and mobi files but actually swaps this fields por PDF files.
  • Covers: Librera displays them correctly for all files.
  • Series: even though I have series including epub, PDF and mobi files, the series filter will only show the epub files included in any series.
  • Tags: calibre tags for epub and mobi files are parsed on Librera as Genre (which works for me); however, filtering with a Genre will only show epub and mobi files; it doesn't show pdf that have the same tags (from Calibre) as said epub and mobi files. For PDF files (and only PDF files) calibre tags are parsed on Librera as Keywords

All of the above is consistent with what you get for the file info of each individual e-book.

If required, I can share you the files on a cloud so you may look into them.

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 03-23-2020 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Added signature
Old 03-30-2020, 09:31 AM   #78
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
[1]Author and Title: Librera parses both correctly for epub and mobi files but actually swaps this fields por PDF files.
[2]Covers: Librera displays them correctly for all files.
[3]Series: even though I have series including epub, PDF and mobi files, the series filter will only show the epub files included in any series.
[4]Tags: calibre tags for epub and mobi files are parsed on Librera as Genre (which works for me); however, filtering with a Genre will only show epub and mobi files; it doesn't show pdf that have the same tags (from Calibre) as said epub and mobi files. For PDF files (and only PDF files) calibre tags are parsed on Librera as Keywords
Please attach some PDF file for 1,2,4 cases then I can fix
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:01 PM   #79
Incanus
Incanus

Post Calibre Metadata on Librera PDF Example

foobnix:

Attached samples: please advice how to send them if they are not available through this thread.

[INCANUS]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Isildur - Brian K. Crawford (id).jpg
Views:	288
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	178024  

Last edited by issybird; 03-30-2020 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Attached copyrighted material.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:25 PM   #80
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Please don’t upload copyrighted materials. Run them through a scrambler if necessary.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 03:33 AM   #81
foobnix
Connoisseur
foobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it isfoobnix knows what time it is

Device: Librera PRO - 50% OFF - Black Friday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incanus View Post
Attached samples: please advice how to send them if they are not available through this thread.
Please send to librera.reader@gmail.com
foobnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:46 AM   #82
Incanus
Incanus

Calibre Metadata on Librera PDF Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by foobnix View Post
Just sent from my yahoo.com email account.

Old 04-02-2020, 12:21 PM   #83
Incanus
Incanus

Thumbs up Calibre Metadata on Librera

I've just got a reply from foobnix with a beta version that addresses and perfectly solves my prior post.

Using the .OPF file that calibre creates for each ebook, this version properly maps all of the relevant metadata, regardless of the ebook file format.

I've tried this version with the files stored directly by calibre (testing for a future cloud sync between devices) and the files created with the "Save to disk" option, with identical results.

I shall take again this opportunity to thank foobnix for his prompt reply and excellent service.

I remain very grateful,

[INCANUS]
Old 07-05-2020, 04:04 PM   #84
NotNorm
NotNorm began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 4
I really like the app for it's sorting and organizing capabilities. However, I have two questions about it:

Can it sync/integrate with Calibre (using the metadata.calibre file to search/filter your books) and connect to Calibre wirelessly?

Can you set a default reader app when using the "Remember reading mode > Open With" option so it won't ask which app to use every time you open a book?
NotNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 05:42 PM   #85
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Synonym list. Librera have the option of synonyms for words?
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:29 AM   #86
deetailed
deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deetailed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Why is it that I can open .docx files with f-droid Librera (8.3.100) on my phone, but not on my e-reader (Boox Nova Pro)? Is it because it installs as 8.3.100 INK on the e-reader?
deetailed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:16 PM   #87
Schnipps
Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Red face Single word selection bug

I'm experiencing a bug with single word selections when the floating "Text" popup is open. After tapping the speaker icon, I try to mark the next word, but the page half-autoscrolls backwards from under my pressing finger (direct tap/long press, no dragging, I swear ). Notably, this only happens with short text selections, not whole lines, but it's annoying for foreign-language learners. It happened to me with both EPUB and PDF.

Technically, the tap zones should be disabled by setting them to "Do nothing", and reducing them to 5% screen real estate. I'm in book mode. But, so far nothing helps except switching to 1-tap text selection, and that's not precise enough, even on a large 8'' screen.

Beyond that, Librera is definitely a great find for text-to-speech & general reading on Android, especially PDF (very fast search) and DjVu (displays WinDjView bookmarks/outline, who would've thought it possible!). I have yet to find anything (else) wrong with it... LIT & PDF catalog support would be great

(Librera Pro 8.3.100 - latest from Play store, Android 6)
Schnipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 10:33 PM   #88
Schnipps
Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Schnipps ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S
P.S. Disabling the page scroll animation changes nothing.

Where's the Edit button for posts hiding?
Schnipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:47 PM   #89
Xwang
Connoisseur
Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xwang ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is it possible to create custom labels so that to be able to mark already read books and books to be read in the future, but that still I have not started to read?
I would like to have those two groups of books in different tabs alongside the one I am reading which are in the recent tab.
Xwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #90
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Hi,

I am trying the free version to read pdfs.

I've set everything to book mode. But I'm having some trouble (a) keeping Librara from going into full-screen mode, hiding the functions at top and bottom, (b) keeping from going to some linked page when going through tables of contents, and (c) keep from panning the page. I've tried using "Lock Page in Place," but it doesn't prevent panning. I also need to avoid zooming due to visual processing issues.

P.S. Also (d) with the side-swipes when trying to switch library views. I was wondering if I could organize books into collections in Librera.

Last edited by MarjaE; 11-17-2020 at 10:55 PM.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote