Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-30-2020, 09:09 PM   #16
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Where in the current code is Ctrl Alt R set anyplace for RERenamer? I checked the code in BookBrowser, main.ui, MainWindow, and RERenamer.ui and I could not see a shortcut set. Only Rename gets that shortcut set in BookBrowser.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-30-2020 at 09:32 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 09:32 PM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Where in the current code is Ctrl Alt R set anyplace for RERenamer? I checked the code in BookBrowser, main.ui, MainWindow, and RERenamer.ui and I could not see a shortcut set. Only Rename gets that shortcut set in BookBrowser.
It's not set in the current code. But it was there at one point. I believe it's still there (but commented out) in Book Browser. I don't remember which version we fixed it in, but there was at least one release that tried to assign Ctrl Alt R to both Rename and Regex Rename. And Regex Rename came last.

EDIT: my mistake. it was the BookBrowser "Move" function that was also assigned the Ctrl Alt R shortcut at some point.
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...wser.cpp#L1736

We had duplicate m_Rename actions for a time (for Rename and Regex Rename).
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...e881d1a5a25cd8

I believe that was probably the cause of the rename shortcut not working for a time (depending on which version of Sigil created the default shortcuts).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-30-2020 at 09:49 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:09 PM   #18
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Curious if anyone has any comment about dragging and dropping in Book Browser with this version? For those who were having difficulty with it in recent versions, is it better? The same? Anybody try tweaking the drag distance with the new ui setting in preferences?
Old 03-31-2020, 02:03 AM   #19
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's not set in the current code. But it was there at one point. I believe it's still there (but commented out) in Book Browser. I don't remember which version we fixed it in, but there was at least one release that tried to assign Ctrl Alt R to both Rename and Regex Rename. And Regex Rename came last.

EDIT: my mistake. it was the BookBrowser "Move" function that was also assigned the Ctrl Alt R shortcut at some point.
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...wser.cpp#L1736

We had duplicate m_Rename actions for a time (for Rename and Regex Rename).
https://github.com/Sigil-Ebook/Sigil...e881d1a5a25cd8

I believe that was probably the cause of the rename shortcut not working for a time (depending on which version of Sigil created the default shortcuts).
As you can imagine I'm sitting here, confined to barracks, having a quiet chuckle.

I know it wasn't you guys, and that it's too late now, but IMO not using F2 for file rename is like not using ctrl+c, ctrl+v for coffee and pasta. Needless to say that's what I have changed it to

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:49 AM   #20
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Curious if anyone has any comment about dragging and dropping in Book Browser with this version? For those who were having difficulty with it in recent versions, is it better? The same? Anybody try tweaking the drag distance with the new ui setting in preferences?
File movement in Book Browser seems to be doing great on Windows-10!

Was that code change also supposed to fix the tab reordering??
I still have issues where the tabs jump around with the slightest (very itsy bitsy teeny weeny) movement of the mouse while I am clicking on an unselected tab. It seems that the tab movement algorithm is activated with the tiniest movement and the tab adjusts left/right so that it appears offset from the mouse position.

The attached image shows an example:
- I had the Ch6 tab selected
- I clicked on the Ch5 tab (with the tiniest hint of mouse movement)
- The Ch5 tab jumped to the right quite a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tabshift.png
Views:	172
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	178045  
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 11:55 AM   #21
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
I still have issues where the tabs jump around with the slightest (very itsy bitsy teeny weeny) movement of the mouse [...]
There's a new Appearance > Main UI preference setting that you might have missed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tweak_Drag_Distance.png
Views:	152
Size:	1.8 KB
ID:	178046  
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:08 PM   #22
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
There's a new Appearance > Main UI preference setting that you might have missed.
Thanks for that - I had missed it. However, I tried setting it to 10px (way more than an inadvertent mouse movement during a click) and I still had the tab-jumping issue.

What was strange is that AFTER I moved/dragged the mouse approximately 10 px (I assume that was tied to the preference setting I had selected) the tab would SOMETIMES jump back from the original large offset - but would still be offset from where the mouse pointed.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:15 PM   #23
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

In my experience, the move to Qt5.12.7 on Windows has made tab reordering a little less twitchy, but it still can be annoying. The new drag-distance tweak won't really affect that. That's for adjusting how far you have to drag the mouse in Book Browser before it registers as a "move."

You just have to be very conscious about not moving the mouse at all when first clicking on inactive tabs. Make the tab active first. Then move it somewhere. Don't try to combine clicking on an inactive tab AND moving it into one motion.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:03 PM   #24
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Looking forward to learning this checkpoint thingie
Ditto! Really looking forward to having a play with this.

Thanks Team Sigil
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:17 AM   #25
Monaghan
Enthusiast
Monaghan began at the beginning.

Is anyone else experiencing crashes with this release? Sigil has never crashed for me before now, but I have had three today, each time when using Find & Replace.
Monaghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:47 AM   #26
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
The Find and Replace code was not really touched since the previous release. Although Sigil is using a newer version of Qt which may be the issue. That said Sigil should never crash. If you can recreate it, please let us know the exact steps to recreate it (Find flags used, search string, etc) which platform it is on, dual or single monitor setup, etc.

The biggest non-Qt cause of crashes in Sigil are typically corrupted Preference settings. You may want to back them up and start from scratch to see if using new versions help.

If on macOS then please generate a full crash report for the crashing thread and pm it to DiapDealer and myself (KevinH).
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 08:34 AM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I've not had a single crash of 1.2.0 in any of my testing yet.
Old 04-02-2020, 12:33 PM   #28
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

I was having multiple crashes recently, but it was on the previous version of Sigil. I upgraded and have only had 1 or 2....then some weird thing with the header/ribbon bar disappearing. I tried resetting the sigil.ini and that didn't help....

So I restarted the computer.

Gotta love Windows....apparently if you wait too long to install an update it starts doing freaky things to force you to want to do an update.... afterwards, I haven't had any problems with this version of Sigil.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:36 AM   #29
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
I have found the dragging and dropping in Book Browser to be more responsive on macOS, shorter lag time. Thanks!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:15 AM   #30
Monaghan
Enthusiast
Monaghan began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
If on macOS then please generate a full crash report for the crashing thread and pm it to DiapDealer and myself (KevinH).
Running Windows. Is there any way I can send you a log in this case? I should note this is a full-updated, regularly restarted workstation.
Monaghan is offline   Reply With Quote