Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 05:40 PM   #1
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
SOLVED: Inkpad 3 Pro: How do I put a custom url as starting page in the store?

It is solved: The answer is in post #13.

I would like to couple the store browser to my server where I am hosting my library with quickserve*. I would like to surf to my local net ip http://10.0.0.1:9672 .

However, it can't be found by Google, nor can I manually add a bookmark to go to it. You can generate a bookmark for the url in the browser app, but I don't know how to set it as a home page in the store app. Are there workarounds? Because it sounds very convenient to have a store in my Pocketbook that is my own library.

(Of course when I am elsewhere, I can link the WiFi of the Pocketbook to my mobile, which forwards 10.0.0.1:9672 over the OpenVPN link.)

Last edited by Markismus; 12-06-2019 at 07:53 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #2
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Can't you type the url into the address bar in the Browser app?
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

I haven’t found an address bar! Tried typing in the top bar, but it only searches the current page.

Ah, of course, the browser app is not identical to the store! I can set a bookmark there on the wanted page. However, I cannot change the home page. It something that redirects to Google.

Last edited by Markismus; 12-04-2019 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 02:46 PM   #4
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I just tested this on my TL3 and I can connect to a web server on my local network just fine. Did you prefix the url with http::// ? And are you sure you are using the Browser and not the Store? The Browser is located on the main screen, found by tapping the menu icon at the very bottom.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
Markismus
Guru

I am using both, browser and store. And I would like to have the store go to my server, initially. I can browse to my server, but I want the store. It there on the main page, it has a function and I would like to use it for my server. (I feel a bit like my 7year old daughter: I want that! )
Old 12-05-2019, 01:37 AM   #6
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I am using both, browser and store. And I would like to have the store go to my server, initially. I can browse to my server, but I want the store. It there on the main page, it has a function and I would like to use it for my server. (I feel a bit like my 7year old daughter: I want that! )
Thats only possible with root.
Bookstore is defined in:
/ebrmain/config/device.cfg

Edit: But the attachment might be of interest
Attached Files
File Type: zip interesting.zip (1.8 KB, 255 views)

Last edited by nhedgehog; 12-05-2019 at 02:03 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:14 AM   #7
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Must correct myself, after looking at the file:
/ebrmain/bin/bookstore.sh
It could be possible without root.
Have it attached (it is from the PB 626).
Attached Files
File Type: zip bookstore.zip (1.9 KB, 289 views)
Old 12-05-2019, 03:50 AM   #8
Markismus
Guru

Hey,

I wiped the contents of /ebrmain/config/device.cfg.gen when I didn't take into account the softlink from device.cfg. (Should have removed the symlink before cat device.cfg.gen > device.cfg. Strike that, should have made a full backup of the system before hacking. Doing that now!)

Would someone have it for me? Got it!

Last edited by Markismus; 12-05-2019 at 04:05 AM.
Old 12-05-2019, 05:49 AM   #9
Markismus
Guru

I tried changing the 2nd line in /ebrmain/config/device.cfg to:
Code:
bookstore_url=http://192.168.2.44:8000
However, it doesn't pick it up.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:28 AM   #10
nhedgehog
Guru

I think its the portnumber you attached.
I remember trying to connect it with a localhost. That wouldn't work without having set ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up with root permission.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:52 AM   #11
nhedgehog
Guru

or easier like this, just the "":
bookstore_url="http://shop.ebookit.ch"
bookstore_url="http://192.168.2.44:8000"
Old 12-05-2019, 11:19 AM   #12
Markismus
Guru

@nhedgehog No luck with the double quotes. I think the script also needs the brand to go with the url and a small set of conditional statements. (Your testing of the script in windows kept me busy when I had some free time, though. It works and the converter accepts it, but I still see some rather large chunk of article being shown in the terminal: That should not be a windows issue, though.)

Last edited by Markismus; 12-05-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:51 AM   #13
Markismus
Guru

@nhedgehog It works with the code you pm-ed me.
What I did:
I changed the bookstore.app in the applications folder (/mnt/ext1/application) to:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# line commented out for testing
#exec /ebrmain/bin/bookstore.app
pixelratio="1.263"
add_param="$add_param -pixelratio $pixelratio"
bookstore_url="http://192.168.2.44:8000" 	
/ebrmain/bin/openbook /ebrmain/bin/browser.app -simpletoolbar $add_param $bookstore_url
then instead of the file linking to /ebrmain/bin/bookstore.app which is a symlink for ebrmain/cramfs/bin/bookstore.app, moved the file and created a new symlink to the one modified:
Code:
mount -o remount,rw /ebrmain
cd /ebrmain/bin
mv bookstore.app bookstore.app.bak
ln -s /mnt/ext1/application/bookstore.app bookstore.app
mount -o remount,ro /ebrmain

Last edited by Markismus; 12-06-2019 at 09:14 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 08:51 AM   #14
nhedgehog
Guru

Thanks for the update.

Maybe some explanation:
What you did was only possible with root.
The /mnt/ext1/application/bookstore.app is the app, which is called via the application menu.
The file /ebrmain/bin/bookstore.app is the app, which is called via the desktop shortcut, which is defined in the in the themes file, usually line.pbt.
If we had a working theme editor, all that would be more easily to accomplish.

PS: What I couldn't figure out is how to call the browser without having it connecting to the wlan. Otherwise we would have a nice wikipedia viewer via kiwix.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 12-06-2019 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:02 PM   #15
nhedgehog
Guru

Theme-Editing still possible

Update:
Without root it can be done via the attached files which allow some limited Theme-Editing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ThemeAdapt.zip (38.8 KB, 267 views)