Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-27-2019, 04:11 PM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I'm tempted now to re-read "pigeon post" by Arthur Ransom and buy a pair of pigeons. Dovecotes were so richer people could have winter meat. My wife says pigeon pie is much nicer than chicken, though I've never tried it.

Raising homing pigeons can't be harder than learning Computers, Wordprocessing, Calibre, 'The GIMP' for covers and how use KDP properly? Oh and the dreaded US Tax form or they'll withhold 30%, even though I'm not in USA, not a USA citzen and USA Corporations seem to pay zero tax anywhere. At least it's only once every 3 years and we do have a tax treaty, so they seem to accept the Irish Public Services number as a TIN.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:14 PM   #17
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
"Publish and Perish"?
Great title!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:46 PM   #18
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
I'm tempted now to re-read "pigeon post" by Arthur Ransom and buy a pair of pigeons. Dovecotes were so richer people could have winter meat. My wife says pigeon pie is much nicer than chicken, though I've never tried it.

Raising homing pigeons can't be harder than learning Computers, Wordprocessing, Calibre, 'The GIMP' for covers and how use KDP properly? Oh and the dreaded US Tax form or they'll withhold 30%, even though I'm not in USA, not a USA citzen and USA Corporations seem to pay zero tax anywhere. At least it's only once every 3 years and we do have a tax treaty, so they seem to accept the Irish Public Services number as a TIN.
(Consider adding your location to your profile here).

Yes, anyone with US income is potentially liable for US tax even if not resident. Same for UK, Ireland and so forth.

Get a TIN or otherwise jump through the right hoops and you can avoid withholding.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:06 PM   #19
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
"Publish and Perish"?
Publish and Perish, a novel by Sally Wright, was one of the very first eBooks I ever made. :-) She wrote the Ben Reeves mysteries, about an archivist--one of the 4 novels was Edgar-nominated.

Sally passed away, just this past year. Gosh, this makes me nostalgic and a bit sad. She was my first "real" author customer, trade-pubbed, award-nominated and all that. She was actually the person that caused Booknook.biz to exist; she called me out of the blue, asking if I could format an eBook for her (as she'd gotten the Ben Reeves books back from her trade publisher.) I was on the DorothyL mailing list with her and a few thousand other folks and I'd been posting about how it wasn't hard to make "Kindle ebooks" (back then with mobipocket creator, oy!), and she reached out to me.

Without her, I doubt I'd have ever gone commercial. Wow. Feels like so long ago and yesterday at the same time.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:50 PM   #20
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Publish and Perish, a novel by Sally Wright, was one of the very first eBooks I ever made. :-) She wrote the Ben Reeves mysteries, about an archivist--one of the 4 novels was Edgar-nominated.

Sally passed away, just this past year. Gosh, this makes me nostalgic and a bit sad. She was my first "real" author customer, trade-pubbed, award-nominated and all that. She was actually the person that caused Booknook.biz to exist; she called me out of the blue, asking if I could format an eBook for her (as she'd gotten the Ben Reeves books back from her trade publisher.) I was on the DorothyL mailing list with her and a few thousand other folks and I'd been posting about how it wasn't hard to make "Kindle ebooks" (back then with mobipocket creator, oy!), and she reached out to me.

Without her, I doubt I'd have ever gone commercial. Wow. Feels like so long ago and yesterday at the same time.

Hitch
Wow...just checked and I bought that one in Dec 2011, the month after I got my first Kindle. And it’s still unread!
Very sorry to hear that news. Time to shift my list...
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 11:40 PM   #21
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Wow...just checked and I bought that one in Dec 2011, the month after I got my first Kindle. And it’s still unread!
Very sorry to hear that news. Time to shift my list...
Oh, heavens--well, I hope it's okay. I was pretty new at it back then! LOL.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote