Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-10-2019, 09:24 PM   #2146
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite, Voyage, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Spoiler:

As you see, the killer is a bit obvious but, in my case, although the topic of women's revenge has been included in the past, I think that, in this case, it's too much "enforced".
Spoiler:

To me, this book was way too similar to Brotherhood in Death, and also very similar to Reunion in Death. I never thought I'd be at the point where I'd consider stopping with this series....I don't know. I still love her relationships with her fellow cops, her friends, her staff...

I think Salvation in Death and Treachery in Death are my favorites of her books. I actually liked Brotherhood in Death, but that was more because of her relationship with "Mr. Myra".
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:51 AM   #2147
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura H2O, Aura HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air, Tolino epos
I haven't read Vendetta in Death as yet but my wife's comment was it invoked a feeling of "déjà lu" though she still rated the book as a solid B.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 04:47 PM   #2148
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Spoiler:

As you see, the killer is a bit obvious but, in my case, although the topic of women's revenge has been included in the past, I think that, in this case, it's too much "enforced".
I'm not disagreeing, it just didn't bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Spoiler:

To me, this book was way too similar to Brotherhood in Death, and also very similar to Reunion in Death. I never thought I'd be at the point where I'd consider stopping with this series....I don't know. I still love her relationships with her fellow cops, her friends, her staff...

I think Salvation in Death and Treachery in Death are my favorites of her books. I actually liked Brotherhood in Death, but that was more because of her relationship with "Mr. Myra".
I'm not at the point I want to stop as I love these characters and I've been reading this series since 1995

Plus, even a "bad" In Death book is still a good book
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:13 AM   #2149
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Plus, even a "bad" In Death book is still a good book
I totally agree. As an additional detail, I was reading till 4AM for finishing it
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:44 AM   #2150
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Insider (London Phoenix #1) by Rebecca Crowley (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
bought the revised/expanded version even though the original St Martin's version is still in my TBR as this version is 100 pages or so longer. Watch, it will go on sale now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 9-15.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	173476  
Old 09-16-2019, 12:38 PM   #2151
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
I just read Puppy Love by Lucy Gilmore which is currently on sale from Sourcebooks for $1.99. She also writes as Tamara Morgan. The hero is a big, gruff, scary firefighter who is diabetic and is given a tiny Pomeranian puppy as a service dog to alert him if his blood sugar drops too low. I loved it! Growly heroes and adorable fluff ball pups for the win!

Puppy Love

Spoiler:
These adorable service puppies
are matchmakers in the making...

When Sophie Vasquez and her sisters dreamed up Puppy Promise-their service puppy training school-it was supposed to be her chance to bring some good into the world. But how can she expect to do anything when no one will take her seriously?

Enter Harrison Parks: a rough, gruff, take-no-bull wildlife firefighter in need of a diabetic service dog. He couldn't be a more unlikely fit for Sophie or Bubbles-the sweet Pomeranian she knows will be his perfect partner-but when Sophie insists he give them both a shot, something unexpected happens: he listens. Even better, he keeps on listening, even as Sophie and Bubbles turn his lonely, uber-masculine world upside-down.

As it turns out, they all have something to prove...and more than enough room in their hearts for a little puppy love.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #2152
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Claim the Crown by Carla Neggers (B/4 stars)
  • Fly Away with Me (Blue Moon Harbor #1) by Susan Fox (F/1 star)
  • Blue Moon Harbor Christmas (Blue Moon Harbor #1.5) by Susan Fox (C+/3 stars)
Currently rereading Archangel's Prophecy in anticipation of Tuesday.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 9-22.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	173636  
Old 09-27-2019, 12:11 PM   #2153
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Free again at Kindle US and UK. Link below is still good for US.

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Guilty-Sin-...dp/B07643Q625/

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Guilty as Sin is the first in the Sinful, Montana series by Rosalind James. I really like James's Escape to New Zealand series, and have also read and liked this one, although a smidge less than the New Zealand ones. Still, it's free right now at Kindle US, so what's to complain about? I had read it on KU, and now am happy to snag it for free...

link: https://www.amazon.com/Guilty-Sin-Si...dp/B07643Q625/
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:52 PM   #2154
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Archangel’s War (Guild Hunter #12) by Nalini Singh (B/4 stars)
  • The Orchid Throne (Forgotten Empires #1) by Jeffe Kennedy (A-/5 stars)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops #2) by Rebecca Zanetti (B+/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 9-29.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	173808  
Old 09-29-2019, 07:40 PM   #2155
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Archangel’s War (Guild Hunter #12) by Nalini Singh (B/4 stars)
  • The Orchid Throne (Forgotten Empires #1) by Jeffe Kennedy (A-/5 stars)
  • Fallen (Deep Ops #2) by Rebecca Zanetti (B+/4 stars)

Purchased:
Is it "safe" to read Archangel's War? I mean, is there any major cliffhanger? I've held off on Archangel's Prophecy and am wondering if it's ok to read them both at one-go this time.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 02:50 AM   #2156
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post
Is it "safe" to read Archangel's War? I mean, is there any major cliffhanger? I've held off on Archangel's Prophecy and am wondering if it's ok to read them both at one-go this time.
Totally safe. I disagree with many readers that Prophecy ended as a cliffhanger because
Spoiler:
we knew Elena was alive.

Anyway, back-to-back should be a good way to read them as you won't have to wait to discover what happens. Enjoy!
Old 09-30-2019, 02:51 AM   #2157
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, PB Touch Lux 623, Paperwhite, Voyage, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyMore View Post
You are safe to read them now.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 03:39 AM   #2158
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Totally safe. I disagree with many readers that Prophecy ended as a cliffhanger because
Spoiler:
we knew Elena was alive.

Anyway, back-to-back should be a good way to read them as you won't have to wait to discover what happens. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
You are safe to read them now.
Good to know. Thanks! Can't wait to revisit the Guild Hunter series!
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 12:06 PM   #2159
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Diamond Fire by Ilona Andrews has dropped to £0.99 at Kindle UK again after being up in the £2 - £3 range for a few months. This is a Hidden Legacy novella, set during Nevada and Connor's wedding.

link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BK3M7V7

Spoiler:
Quote:
Nevada Frida Baylor and Connor Ander Rogan cordially invite you to join their wedding celebration. Summoning, weather manipulation, and other magical activities strictly forbidden.

Catalina Baylor is looking forward to wearing her maid of honor dress and watching her older sister walk down the aisle. Then the wedding planner gets escorted off the premises, the bride’s priceless tiara disappears, and Rogan's extensive family overruns his mother’s home. Someone is cheating, someone is lying, and someone is plotting murder.

To make this wedding happen, Catalina will have to do the thing she fears most: use her magic. But she’s a Baylor and there’s nothing she wouldn't do for her sister's happiness. Nevada will have her fairy tale wedding, even if Catalina has to tear the mansion apart brick by brick to get it done.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 04:18 PM   #2160
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

One of my favorites from last year:

Under Control by Shannon Stacey (Boston Fire #5) on sale for $1.99

Spoiler:
When faced with the opportunity to change shifts while staying in the same house, veteran firefighter Derek Gilman jumps at the chance. His new schedule means not working Saturdays, which means more time to spend with his two kids. His divorce may have been amicable, but being a firefighter and a single dad is a lot to juggle. And when fate brings a gorgeous, wealthy woman into his life, he’s pretty sure he can’t handle more than he already is.

Olivia McGovern loves plans. She planned to start her own business and planned its growth. It’s earning her seven figures now, but her personal life simply doesn’t exist. Getting trapped in a broken elevator figures in exactly nowhere, and freaking out in front of a sexy firefighter definitely isn’t on the agenda. Especially not one with two kids and an ex.

What would have been a random incident with an attractive stranger becomes something more when a charity event brings them back together. They’re from different sides of the tracks, literally—with friends, family and careers to consider. But as Derek and Olivia are discovering, chemistry doesn’t allow for plans, and love doesn’t bother with logistics.

Kobo

Google Play

iTunes

Amazon