Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-20-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Is it Indexing?

I have a brand new Oasis 3 and yesterday I put on my entire library of around 2,000 books. That was about 17 hours ago. Now I find my Oasis is losing about 10% battery an hour just sitting idle. Is it indexing or do I have a problem?

Books are all azw3 format and we're loaded from Calibre.
HogDrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:52 AM   #2
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Sometimes Calibre produces wrong (corrupted) book that may cause an infinite indexing.
Having thousand books loaded it is impossible to find the wrong one.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:56 AM   #3
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Try to search a non existing string of random characters. Kindle may show a message that it is still indexing a certain book.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:59 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogDrvr View Post
I have a brand new Oasis 3 and yesterday I put on my entire library of around 2,000 books. That was about 17 hours ago. Now I find my Oasis is losing about 10% battery an hour just sitting idle. Is it indexing or do I have a problem?
Probably it's still indexing. Search for a nonsense string of characters on the homepage, e.g. dzcknaüsfi. If there are unindexed books on the device, they will be displayed in the search results. Indexing so many books can take several days. It'll be much faster if you connect the Kindle to a wall charger.

Last edited by Sirtel; 08-20-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oasis