Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-04-2019, 03:40 PM   #1
DawnDawn88
Connoisseur
DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DawnDawn88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: amazon fire 5th gen
Question Trying to convert Ebooks from amazon kindle to pdf!

I have taken all the ebooks from that account that I had and downloaded them and then converted them to epub. But I am having a little issue with a few things.

When I convert to epub and save epub to the drive it saves 3 files (EPUB file, JPG file, and OPF document).

I put the (3) files into a new folder and then I name the folder sometimes the name is not exact but I hope that wont be a problem.

Here's what I'm tying to figure out. Can I have them save automatically in there own folders once saved.

If possible please tell me how thank you. I have tried converting them and saving them both in bulk and singles and it still dose not make folders for me.

Last edited by DawnDawn88; 08-05-2019 at 05:25 PM.
DawnDawn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:19 AM   #2
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...tory-structure

You can export your books to an own structure if you want, but calibre won't use these files as library. calibre has it's own structure.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:19 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...tory-structure

You can export your books to an own structure if you want, but calibre won't use these files as library. calibre has it's own structure.
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

Also see ==>> Want to change folder structure or file names in the Calibre library?. In particular "Worldwalker's" perspective.

And calibre has a number of command line tools that operate independently of its library functions, see ==>> The Command Line Interface.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:42 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnDawn88 View Post
I have taken all the ebooks from that account that I had and downloaded them and then converted them to epub. But I am having a little issue with a few things.

When I convert to epub and save epub to the drive it saves 3 files (EPUB file, JPG file, and OPF document).

I put the (3) files into a new folder and then I name the folder sometimes the name is not exact but I hope that wont be a problem.

Here's what I'm tying to figure out. Can I have them save automatically in there own folders once saved.

If possible please tell me how thank you. I have tried converting them and saving them both in bulk and singles and it still dose not make folders for me.
if you convert kindle files that you have imported to calibre, the converted file should be in the same folder as the kindle file in the calibre library structure. You can bulk convert them and then remove files of a specific format from selected books to remove the kindle formats.

What I would suggest is creating a new library, importing batches of the kindle ebooks, updating metadata, covers, etc., then converting to epub. Once that is done, delete the kindle format ebooks and copy/delete the epubs to your main library.

If you want to maintain a file structure for your books outside of the calibre library, you can use save to disk with templates to create the directory/file structure you want. Those books will be outside the calibre library and calibre will not manage them. The structure of the calibre library is fixed and not something the user should attempt to modify. Treat it as a black box that you can extract files and information from.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:39 AM   #5
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔
And calibre has a number of command line tools that operate independently of its library functions, see ==>> The Command Line Interface.

An often overlooked feature in calibre is using a directory as device. Once you have create the matching you can simply use this as instrument to track other structures as well. It isn't the original use case for this feature, but with a little creativity an user can take this as an additional instrument for creating his own universe.
Isn't as elegant as to use calibre as it is , but in combination of what @DNSB has suggested you can come closer to these kind of manual management (and this user needs to organize this on one's own hook, because this use case is outside calibre's responsibility).
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, calibre converting, kindle to pdf