Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #1
DJI
DJI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Mini
Desperation - Will not get passed setip

Hi,

I cannot get my mini passed the setup screen, I have tried wireless and cable, nothing works.

I read through these forums and tried the different reset methods but nothing works.

I was going to try and write the software image back to the 2gb card it has but cannot find a copy to try.

Is it dead? Time to get another on ebay?

Any suggestions would be grateful.
DJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 05:24 PM   #2
DJI

I have spotted the correct place to request the SD image.

Apologies for creating this post :$
Old 06-15-2019, 09:32 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have sent you the link to the image, but, it probably isn't going to help. If the device is booking to the setup screen, it is probably OK. Especially if this is happening after a factory reset. This is because Kobo dropped support for older web security protocols earlier in the year. This is because they are no longer considered to be safe. The factory reset firmware on the older devices does not support the current protocols. Kobo released firmware version 3.19.5761 when they made the announcement so that the Mini could still connect. But, it doesn't update the factory firmware.

To get around this, you can use the Kobo desktop application to do the setup. This will install firmware 3.19.5761 and take you through the setup. When you disconnect, it will do the upgrade and everything should be working.

The alternative is to manually install a firmware version with the appropriate support. Connect to the PC and put the files from 3.19.5761 or later on the device and disconnect. Again, the update will be done when you disconnect and then you will be taken through the setup.

I can't test the above completely as I don't have a Mini. I have done it with both my Touch and Glo to check, as these factory reset to 1.9.11 and 2.1.2 respectively. With both, later firmware versions are available, so they update beyond 3.19.5761, but it works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 03:50 AM   #4
DJI

Thank you for such great help David, it really is appreciated.

Tags
setup problem