Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-07-2019, 12:15 PM   #406
mostafaa
mostafaa began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Hi,
First I have to thank you for your great reader.
I am really impressed by its UI and your coding style.

I an Iranian and use my Kobo to read Persian books. I tested your application to see how it shows Persian ebooks, and all is nice, except the direction of rendering of words.
I am a programmer, and wanted to check if I could change the codes so that it can show Persian texts correctly. But I have plenty of problems in building the app in Arch.

Finally I decided to ask you for help. I have attached a simple ebook which contains Persian texts.
Besides that I took two screenshots, the one that is displayed currently in the application, and the one that should be displayed.

I think the screenshots describe the problem, but let me know if there is any ambiguity.

Again, thank you for your great work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	original.png
Views:	187
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	170607   Click image for larger version

Name:	what-should-be.png
Views:	139
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	170608  
Attached Files
File Type: epub sample-persian-book.epub (2.5 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by mostafaa; 04-08-2019 at 12:55 AM.
mostafaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 06:00 AM   #407
baskerville
Addict
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostafaa View Post
I'm an Iranian and use my Kobo to read Persian books. I tested your application to see how it shows Persian ebooks, and all is nice, except the direction of rendering of words.
I think I'll have to study the bidi algorithm and see if I can combine it with the Knuth-Plass algorithm.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:48 AM   #408
mostafaa
mostafaa began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
I think I'll have to study the bidi algorithm and see if I can combine it with the Knuth-Plass algorithm.
It's really kind of you. Thank you very much.
I think Behdad Esfahbod, the author of HarfBuzz, and his Pango library and Fribidi could be of much help in that regard.
mostafaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #409
baskerville
Addict
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plato 0.6.9

I've released 0.6.9.
  • It is now possible to write external article fetchers. An example Wallabag fetcher is included in bin/article_fetcher (the source is in src/fetcher.rs). It was tested with versions 2.3.3 and 2.3.8-dev of the API. If you want to use this fetcher, rename Settings-sample.toml to Settings.toml and fill it out. And then, add a hook in Plato's Settings.toml.
  • A Show sub-menu was added in the matches menu. It contains the following entries: All, Reading, New and Finished.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #410
SpaceGun
SpaceGun began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Been using Plato for a few days - great job! Gorgeous, intuitive and more than potent enough for my usages. Just wanted to know if highlighting support is planned down the road? For now I'm just using bookmarks.
SpaceGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:55 AM   #411
baskerville
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGun View Post
Just wanted to know if highlighting support is planned down the road?
Yes it is.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #412
baskerville
Addict

Plato 0.7.0

I've released 0.7.0.
  • The built-in ePUB renderer supports tables (rowspan and vertical-align are ignored for now) and floats (only images).
  • The reader view's toolbar has a text alignment icon.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:36 AM   #413
baskerville
Addict

Plato 0.7.1

Released 0.7.1.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:08 AM   #414
graveysteak
graveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo
Thanks for the great reader.

On my clara the backlight level is low if device is asleep for awhile or i turn it on and off via holding in the corner. Anyone else have this issue??

Thanks.
graveysteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #415
baskerville
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveysteak View Post
On my clara the backlight level is low if device is asleep for awhile or i turn it on and off via holding in the corner.
Could you try the attached binary?
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-0.7.1-test_binary.zip (1.70 MB, 7 views)
Old 05-24-2019, 02:15 AM   #416
graveysteak
graveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheesegraveysteak can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Could you try the attached binary?
crash.log
plato: Can't build context.
plato: Can't create premixed frontlight.
plato: No such file or directory (os error 2)
Old 05-24-2019, 06:02 AM   #417
baskerville
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveysteak View Post
plato: Can't create premixed frontlight.
My bad, could you try the new attached binary?
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-0.7.1-test_binary2.zip (1.70 MB, 12 views)
Old 05-24-2019, 09:37 PM   #418
graveysteak

Quote:
My bad, could you try the new attached binary?
Thanks so much! It works perfectly now
Old 05-28-2019, 11:52 AM   #419
baskerville
Addict

Plato 0.7.2

I've released 0.7.2.

The fmon launcher now enables backtraces by default. If you experience crashes, you're invited to use the release binary with debug symbols. In doing so, you'll improve the usefulness of the generated crash.log.
Old 06-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #420
ggg200
ggg200 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Does your viewer support * .XPS format?
ggg200 is offline   Reply With Quote