Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2019, 09:25 PM   #16
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Partition software:
http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-...n-manager.html
"Free Partition Software - MiniTool® Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.8"

1st step when I DL it to PC it want me to change the Partition on the Hard Drive of my PC!!!!
Is it asking that when you start install the application, or when you try to run it? If the former, then you have to let it do it to the change, otherwise you cannot run it. If the latter, say no because you don't need to. When running, you will probably be asked about running in administration mode. You will need to do that.
Quote:
It says Do You Want this program to Change your HD.... NOTHING about doing just an update.

I do this Any one Willing to buy me a new HD? Best Buy $150!!!

This is what I 1st see: https://www.partitionwizard.com/free...n-manager.html

No where does it give you tools to do this on SDCARD....
Was the card in the machine when you ran the program? Had you already done the previous steps? If so, it should show the card in the list of drives and you should be able to expand the partition on it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:20 PM   #17
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Not the SD Card But I have a 32 gig Flash Drive None of the programs seem to knowledge. Wanted to use the FD 1st the copy to the SD Card.

Last edited by Barbara1955; 05-19-2019 at 11:25 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:48 PM   #18
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
This job might be more technical than you're comfortable with, and yes, whenever you install software on your computer, you run a non-zero risk of rendering it inoperable. However, if you want to proceed and ask for more useful help, then I suggest you share with us, *exactly* word for word, the screen/prompt that stumped you... better yet, screenshots.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:49 AM   #19
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i am pretty sure you can't partition a removable flash drive, which is why the partition software ignores it
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:54 AM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
When I run Minitool Partition Wizard 11, I get a user access control popup which asks if I want to allow this app to make changes to your device. I have not gotten a message that it wants to re-partition my boot drive though I have to run the PW11 executable and then select "Launch Application" to actually get to PW11. Most of the options on that initial screen need an upgrade to the Pro version to get a working version.

@stumped: I plugged in an 8GB HP flash drive I had handy, removed the ext4 partition I was using with Linux and created a Windows FAT32 partition. I then modified it back to an ext4 partition which was incredibly slow to apply the delete, create and format operations.

I admit I was paranoid enough to do this on my old laptop just in case...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	flash_drive_fat32.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	171514   Click image for larger version

Name:	flash_drive_ext4.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	171515  

Last edited by DNSB; 05-20-2019 at 02:55 AM. Reason: fat fingers cause typos...
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:23 AM   #21
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing about Sd Card or FD just straight to putting it on my PC.

Here is what pops up on my pc:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190520_031702.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	171516  

Last edited by Barbara1955; 05-20-2019 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:15 AM   #22
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
That's just the standard Windows warning about installing a program. It doesn't mean the program is going to do anything other than install (unless a malicious program).

Surely you've seen that before? I've seen that or similar virtually everytime I've installed something downloaded, on windows 7 and 10.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:03 AM   #23
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
That's just the standard Windows warning about installing a program. It doesn't mean the program is going to do anything other than install (unless a malicious program).

Surely you've seen that before? I've seen that or similar virtually everytime I've installed something downloaded, on windows 7 and 10.
logic it out. you want the program on the PC. that means the program file will have to be written to the hard drive, therefore your PC is about to be changed ( harmlessly) QED

as for flash drives: it does make sense that you can prep them for different O/S. What I meant was that windows probably does not let you set up multiple partitons on a flash drive, for use in Windows..
Old 05-20-2019, 06:12 AM   #24
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I don't want it on my PC I want it on the SD Card Its Not giving me any options
Old 05-20-2019, 07:30 AM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
You are installing a program on the PC that allows you to makes changes to the SD card. You MUST install something on the PC to do this. You can uninstall it later.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:46 AM   #26
abij
abij began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Quote:
If you don't want your PC polluted by unknown software, you can try GParted Live, either created a bootable GParted Live USB with rufus (no installation required, copy it anywhere and run it), or burn a GParted CD then use the CD to boot your PC. That way your Windows remains unchanged.
abij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 08:00 AM   #27
stumped
Wizard

Quote:

DUH!

find another method. this one is clearly not suitable for you
in baby steps:
step 1.
the partition wizard program installs to the PC
so that
step 2
you can then run that program which can then operate on a connected flash drive or SD card to create data partitions on the connected device , which is what you say you want it to do.

its not hugely different to putting the calibre program onto a PC [ thus changing the PC] so that calibre can then interact with a connected device via a USB, or with a card in a built in card reader

if you can't understand that, then I give up

Last edited by stumped; 05-20-2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:03 AM   #28
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You are installing a program on the PC that allows you to makes changes to the SD card. You MUST install something on the PC to do this. You can uninstall it later.
ok since you said I can uninstall....
Old 05-20-2019, 08:50 AM   #29
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

NEXT:

These two tools are standalone and require no installation:
For ripping images from the SD Card:
http://www.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=28
"Flash Drive Image Creator"

When I follow this link I get a page of option but see nothing that says "Flash Drive Image Creator" ???

SAME as on this link:

For writing images to the SD Card:
http://www.vconsole.com/client/?page=page&id=29
"Flash Drive Image Writer"
Old 05-20-2019, 08:56 AM   #30
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I Found this:

Flash Drive Image Creator (Download v1.0) - This product helps to create image file of any removable flash drive such as USB flash drive or SD/CF flash card. Image file created by this tool can be used with any of the duplicators manufactured by Virtual Console as source of duplicated data.

Operating Requirements: Modern Windows OS

Flash Drive Image Writer (Download v1.0) - This application is essentially a software based (PC based) USB duplication tool that takes previously created image file and writes it to multiple USB flash drives.

Aka "poor man's duplicator".

Operating Requirements: Modern Windows OS

Should I be Downloading these to my PC?? OR Some thing else??