Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-22-2019, 12:33 PM   #391
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Is there a way to move a tag from 1 column to another? Based on what comes before or after a character?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #392
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Is there a way to move a tag from 1 column to another? Based on what comes before or after a character?

"Move" = "Copy" then "Delete Original". Attached is the "Copy" part using Bulk Metadata Edit Search & Replace.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-02-22 14_41_03-Window.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	476.5 KB
ID:	169861  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:30 PM   #393
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Couldn't it be a more generic thing to search for like in my screenshot, that way I could use it on more than one thing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	169
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	169862  
Old 02-26-2019, 06:14 AM   #394
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I figured out how to move tags from one column to another.

Could you in the scrubbing feature add a condition that if, in tag rules, the tag is the same in the oldtag and newtag just leave it be? Because as it is now, it gets deleted.

When I add a bunch of fandoms from Archive of our own, it's difficult to keep track of any of them is matching what I want it to become.
Old 02-26-2019, 09:35 AM   #395
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Couldn't it be a more generic thing to search for like in my screenshot, that way I could use it on more than one thing.
That's exactly what regex is for. This should be a thread on Library Management, though, and not in Job Spy plugin.

Assuming format is:
something something>something something something

Search
Code:
(.*)>(.*)
Replace
Code:
\1
results in "something something"

Code:
\2
results in "something something something"

Code:
\1, \2
results in "something something, something something something" (this gets split into two tags)

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-26-2019 at 09:37 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 11:52 AM   #396
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.142 Tag Scrubbing Table "Tag Rules" Change for Fan Fiction Tags

Version 1.0.142 - 2019-02-27 Tag Scrubbing Table "Tag Rules": ignore any rule that attempts to change a Tag to itself, regardless of differing capitalization of the Old Tag and New Tag.

Remember that Calibre does not allow leading and trailing blank spaces in Tags, so Tag Rules that are uploaded by .csv will be stripped of any leading and trailing blank spaces automatically by JS, possibly resulting in redundant Tag Rules that do nothing.

The JS Tag Scrubbing Audit Log will not show the above ignored rules, but the Debug Log will (if you are interested).

Last edited by DaltonST; 02-27-2019 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:53 AM   #397
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Old 03-02-2019, 11:45 AM   #398
Tanjamuse
Wizard

When I run the scrub rules for tags, it doesn't scrub tags which has " in the tag to begin with.

Example:

Buffy "Vampire Slayer" Summers

is supposed to be:

Buffy Summers

but stays the same.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:11 AM   #399
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.143 Tag Scrubbing

Version 1.0.143 - 2019-03-03 Tag Scrubbing Double-Quotes for Fan Fiction.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:23 AM   #400
Tanjamuse
Wizard

thanks
Old 03-06-2019, 09:43 AM   #401
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse
If I have a bunch of fandoms where I want to keep the original name but add something in front of it, can I do this in the scrubbing rules?

Example:

Existing Fandoms:
Matlock (TV)*
Maude (TV)*
McMafia (TV)*
Me & Mrs Jones (TV)*
Men in Trees*
Men Only (TV)*
Métal Hurlant Chronicles*

What I want it to be in the new version:

Misc. TV>Matlock (TV)*
Misc. TV>Maude (TV)*
Misc. TV>McMafia (TV)*
Misc. TV>Me & Mrs Jones (TV)*
Misc. TV>Men in Trees*
Misc. TV>Men Only (TV)*
Misc. TV>Métal Hurlant Chronicles*

I looked at the Combination Rule but I couldn't figure out how it worked.

I hope this makes sense.

Tanjamuse
You don't need Combination Rules for this. Just regular Tag Rules. What's the asterisk (*) for, though? Is it actually a part of the tag or is that supposed to be a wildcard?

Code:
"oldtag","newtag","purgetag"
"Matlock (TV)","Misc. TV>Matlock (TV)"
"Maude (TV)","Misc. TV>Maude (TV)"
Old 03-06-2019, 05:55 PM   #402
DaltonST
Deviser

Tag Prefix Suffix Rules Table

There is also a js_tag_prefix_suffix_rules table.

The example .csv file in ...calibre\config\plugins\job_spy\resources, _js_tag_prefix_suffix_rules.txt, contains:

"regex","prefix","suffix"
"^Romance","Fiction:",""
"^Food","Cooking:",""
"^Calculus","Mathematics:",""

Regex is required. Prefix is optional, as is suffix. One must exist, though.

DaltonST
Old 03-06-2019, 06:02 PM   #403
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
There is also a js_tag_prefix_suffix_rules table.

The example .csv file in ...calibre\config\plugins\job_spy\resources, _js_tag_prefix_suffix_rules.txt, contains:

"regex","prefix","suffix"
"^Romance","Fiction:",""
"^Food","Cooking:",""
"^Calculus","Mathematics:",""

Regex is required. Prefix is optional, as is suffix. One must exist, though.
Lol, I've forgotten about that. I've been using Tag Rules exclusively.

Question, in what order are the rules applied? I know I've seen it before but for the life of me, I can't remember where I found the info.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:14 PM   #404
DaltonST
Deviser

JS menu path for tag scrubbing has tooltips, and the execution item has an "all" option that mentions optimal sequence if limited to a single pass. Up to you, really.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #405
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
JS menu path for tag scrubbing has tooltips, and the execution item has an "all" option that mentions optimal sequence if limited to a single pass. Up to you, really.
Yeah, I run them one by one at the moment. I was wondering what the order was for the optimal sequence.

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools