Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
alt+shift+1
alt+shift+3
alt+shift+5
alt+shift+7
alt+shift+9
What happened to alt-shift-2??? I assume that is the default?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #32
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What happened to alt-shift-2??? I assume that is the default?

BOb
I've believe that 3 is the default. If you'll notice, I only did the odd numbered versions. That's why I said I was posting some (not all) of the variations. In reality there are 9 adjustments for each font size, so that would have been a lot of images. I'm just giving a taste not the whole meal
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #33
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I've believe that 3 is the default. If you'll notice, I only did the odd numbered versions. That's why I said I was posting some (not all) of the variations. In reality there are 9 adjustments for each font size, so that would have been a lot of images. I'm just giving a taste not the whole meal
Ag... I didn't notice that.

I wish you could do this on the K1.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #34
Spad
Spad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, PRS-505, RocketBook, Palm TX, iPod Touch 2G/32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
It's not; it's crystal clear. I no longer have the K1 for comparison since I sold it the 1st day of the announcement in order to buy K2. No regret there; I'm completely satisfy! I do still have my Sony PRS-505 (which I never plan to part with unless Sony makes a better product) and it's just as clear to read as my PRS-505!
I'm with you, Lilly. I'm keeping my 505 along with the K2 as well. There are too many advantages with both to part with either. I also read on my Palm TX and iPod touch 2g, not to mention those paper things. The only thing I no longer use is my original RocketBook.
Spad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #35
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgoforth View Post
I don't know what that is about, but it caused me to get naked. Is that an appropriate response? I know they did not approve at Walmart where I happened to be at the time.
Were you handling a gun at the time?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #36
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by amgoforth View Post
I don't know what that is about, but it caused me to get naked. Is that an appropriate response? I know they did not approve at Walmart where I happened to be at the time.
Me too! But then it snowed in Alabama, plagues of locusts and frogs descended upon us, and the blind greeter at Walmart asked me to get dressed again. Nobody with working eyes was able to approach without going mad.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:08 PM   #37
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

I have two Kindle 2s and my wife's old Kindle 1. The Kindle 1 has unquestionably darker text than either of the new Kindle 2s. Not a deal killer, but definitely a bit disappointing that my new Kindles are inferior in this regard.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #38
Thomas Ryan
Connoisseur
Thomas Ryan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Thomas Ryan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Thomas Ryan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Thanks for teaching me something new! I didn't know I could change the spacing. I'm attaching some samples.

alt+shift+(1-9) changes the lines spacing but not the space between words (you'd have to change the font size to see and effect).
In Typography this is called "leading" (rhymes with heading).

see - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leading

It comes from the old typesetting where metal lead was used to separate lines. There are aesthetic as well as readability trade-offs as you play with this.
Thomas Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:22 PM   #39
Thomas Ryan
Connoisseur
Thomas Ryan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Thomas Ryan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Thomas Ryan has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Great pictures! Thanks for the link. I still see the blue vs green in your images as well. I do hope the 16 shades opens the door for more images in newspapers and magazines.
I'm curious - Kindle screens are reflective - What happens when you just stick them on a copy machine side-by-side and hit the "copy" button?
Can you see a difference?
Thomas Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:44 AM   #40
amgoforth
Groupie
amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amgoforth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks, 2 Kobos, Ipad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelamvr6 View Post
In my opinion getting naked was an entirely appropriate response, especially in Wal-Mart. Kudos to you sir!
Well I feel better about it now that I am out of jail. Guess I will watch what I read from now on.
amgoforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #41
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
I have two Kindle 2s and my wife's old Kindle 1. The Kindle 1 has unquestionably darker text than either of the new Kindle 2s. Not a deal killer, but definitely a bit disappointing that my new Kindles are inferior in this regard.
It must be the Kindle 2 software. The text for the headers and menu items is darker than the book text.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 1, kindle 2, kindle screen comparions