Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 01:27 AM   #1651
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Glad you're seen well now. I know directly how awful is not been able to see clearly.
I went for the last two months without any glasses but a pair that I could only see things very far away with. I can't tell you how horrible it was I was bumping into everything, nearly tripping over my own feet and nearly cut my finger off trying to cook. I couldn't see my laptop either. I finally order some online and gave up on the optical chain store. Seeing they were only $7 a pair I ordered a reading pair of glasses as well and wow the difference up close are phenomenal. The quality isn't too bad for price.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:57 PM   #1652
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Girls with glasses!

It creeps up on you so slowly that you don't even realize how bad the eyes have gotten until you put on those reading glasses for the first time. Glad to hear that you are able to get back to reading.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #1653
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini, Nexus 7 2
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • What the Dead Know (Mindhunters #9) by Kylie Brant (B-/3 stars)
  • Timtur: The Teacher’s Alien Healer (Sectors New Allies #5) by Veronica Scott (B-/3 stars)
  • Happy Medium (Ramos Family/Medium trilogy #3) by Meg Benjamin (C+/3 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 10-21.JPG
Views:	37
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	167089  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:15 PM   #1654
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE:

Forgotten Sins (Sin Brothers Book 1) - Rebecca Zanetti

-Published by Forever/Hatchette, 2013
-Romantic Suspense

Amazon US---Kobo US---Google Play---Not Free at Amazon Canada (it's 0.99) & UK and Australia (different publisher)
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 10:42 AM   #1655
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Free

Away by Meg Benjamin. The cover makes it look like YA or NA but it isn't. This is a solid, adult PNR that I enjoyed. I really like Meg Benjamin. She used to write for Samhain and I loved her Konigsburg, TX series as well as her Ramos family series which features a family of mediums (perfect for Halloween ) . Her main characters are always intelligent and act like adults.

Spoiler:
Grim Morrigan, Guardian of the Ward and part-time private detective, polices the Folk, the clans of fairies who live in the foothills outside Denver. But his main job is concealing their true nature from the mortals around them.

Enter mortal Annie Duran, who hires him to look for her brother Richard, missing and presumed dead for ten years. Annie has seen Richard in the parking lot of the nightclub where she works. Now she wants answers, and Grim’s supposed to find them.

The quest for Richard ensnares both Grim and Annie in a sinister conspiracy involving kidnapped women and outlaw magic. But they also discover their own overwhelming attraction to each other.

When Annie herself disappears, Grim’s need for answers becomes even more urgent. With the help of a dissolute prince and a motley crew of unlikely fairies, Grim confronts a rebellion among the Folk.

And it may take more than just magic and luck to save both Annie and Grim this time.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:20 AM   #1656
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:49 PM   #1657
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. She's usually one of my autobuy authors but I don't buy Amazon only books (will obviously get when free though )

I'm hoping she will eventually release Wild Love (Brewing Love #3). It was originally scheduled for June of this year but there's nothing about it yet on Entangled's website and it's seemingly gone from her website as well.

Last edited by library addict; 10-24-2018 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:37 PM   #1658
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
Just rereads

Purchased:
I originally read The Twelve Kingdoms and Uncharted Realms series last year with some of the books borrowed from my library. I reread most of both series this week, so purchased the books I didn't yet own.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 10-28.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	167270  
Old 10-28-2018, 06:04 PM   #1659
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm on book 7, Forbidden Nights With A Vampire of the Love At Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks. It's an enjoyable series some books are better than others. I had to switch to audio last week when I accidentally gave myself a black eye while washing my hair (Shampoo Bottle) My eye was swollen shut for a few days then I couldn't stand any light as it caused too much pain but I'm now pretty much back to normal still a little swelling but I can read again.

So far book 3 & 4 of the series Be Still My Heart & The Undead Next Door were 5 star reads for me.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:13 AM   #1660
Kiya
Addict
Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kiya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360
First four book in the series Fury Unbound by Yasmine Galenorn are on sale for $0.99 each. Sale runs Oct 28–Nov 5th, 2018.

FURY RISING:KINDLE| NOOK | iBOOKS | KOBO

FURY'S MAGIC: KINDLE | NOOK | iBOOKS | KOBO

FURY AWAKENED: KINDLE | NOOK | iBOOKS | KOBO

FURY CALLING: KINDLE | NOOK | iBOOKS | KOBO
Kiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:10 PM   #1661
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE:

[A] 3 Classic Romances Pack by Barbara Bretton

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada---Amazon Australia

includes:

1) Love Changes
-1983, Harlequin American Romance #3

2) The Sweetest of Debts
-1984, Harlequin American Romance #49

3) No Safe Place
-1985, Harlequin American Romance #91

***Plus bonus material: including behind the stories & where are they now

[B] 5 Classic Romances Pack by Barbara Bretton

includes:

4) The Edge of Forever
-1986, Harlequin American Romance #138

5) Shooting Star
-1986, Harlequin American Romance #175

6) Promises in the Night
-1986, Harlequin American Romance #161

7) Second Harmony
-1987, Harlequin American Romance #211

8) Sail Away (Original Title: Mother Knows Best)
-1989, Harlequin American Romance #305

***Plus bonus material: including behind the stories & where are they now

Two are also Free individually:

[C] Shooting Star

[D] Promises In The Night

kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 04:20 AM   #1662
septentrion
Addict
septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.septentrion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2014, Kindle Voyage
I don't know if anyone has seen it, but Harlequin is changing how we read their ebooks. Now might be the time to back up your bookshelf! Here is what's on their website :

"ALERT! In mid-November, we will be switching ebook fulfillment providers.

Here’s what you need to know:

Currently, you can continue to download your ebooks to the OverDrive app on your device or access them through the Read Now option as usual.

Once the new ereading experience launches, you will be able to read your ebooks through your Mac or PC web browser, iPhone, iPad, Android OS smartphones and tablets, Nook HD+, as well as the Kindle Fire HD line of tablets. The free reading app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Stores respectively. *Requires Android 4.0.3 and above. *iOS 8.0 and above are only iOS versions supported

It is important to note that while the new ebook reading experience does support offline reading through the web browser and app, you will not be able to download files and transfer them to older devices that are not web enabled. If you would like to keep copies of the files for this use, please download them prior to November 12th.

When the new ereading experience launches, you’ll be notified and provided with instructions on how to access your ebooks in the new app."
septentrion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:55 AM   #1663
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by septentrion View Post
I don't know if anyone has seen it, but Harlequin is changing how we read their ebooks. Now might be the time to back up your bookshelf! Here is what's on their website :

"ALERT! In mid-November, we will be switching ebook fulfillment providers.

Here’s what you need to know:

Currently, you can continue to download your ebooks to the OverDrive app on your device or access them through the Read Now option as usual.

Once the new ereading experience launches, you will be able to read your ebooks through your Mac or PC web browser, iPhone, iPad, Android OS smartphones and tablets, Nook HD+, as well as the Kindle Fire HD line of tablets. The free reading app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Stores respectively. *Requires Android 4.0.3 and above. *iOS 8.0 and above are only iOS versions supported

It is important to note that while the new ebook reading experience does support offline reading through the web browser and app, you will not be able to download files and transfer them to older devices that are not web enabled. If you would like to keep copies of the files for this use, please download them prior to November 12th.

When the new ereading experience launches, you’ll be notified and provided with instructions on how to access your ebooks in the new app."

I think that needs to be in News and on the front page. I'll do the honours.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:07 AM   #1664
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I think that needs to be in News and on the front page. I'll do the honours.
Done.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:47 AM   #1665
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

I'll be ticked if this is true, but I suspect (hope! ) it's just their app that's changing and that we will still be able to download and open using ADE. (I posted a longer response in the thread GM made).

I sent them an email to verify.