Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-04-2017, 02:49 AM   #91
Nick Payne
Connoisseur
Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Nick Payne can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by patryk View Post
I've updated my h2o and almost everything seem to be working fine, I think kepub performance is slightly better than in previous firmware, but I've noticed a small issue: I can't turn pages in settings by swiping. They can still be turned by tapping "Page 1 of 2" thingy in the upper right corner and inputting the page number on a keyboard, so that's just slight inconvenience, but still. Does anyone experience the same behavior?
On my Aura HD with this F/W I can't get to page 2 of reading settings. I go to reading settings and it says page 1 of 2. Tapping or swiping won't get me to page 2, and if I tap on "Page 1 of 2" and enter 2 for the page number followed by tapping the Go button, it just clears the whole page below the title of "Reading Settings" and still says "Page 1 of 2".

Is there still a page 2 in reading settings?
Nick Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:53 AM   #92
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Payne View Post
On my Aura HD with this F/W I can't get to page 2 of reading settings. I go to reading settings and it says page 1 of 2. Tapping or swiping won't get me to page 2, and if I tap on "Page 1 of 2" and enter 2 for the page number followed by tapping the Go button, it just clears the whole page below the title of "Reading Settings" and still says "Page 1 of 2".

Is there still a page 2 in reading settings?
I do get to page 2 by swiping, but when I do the page number thing, I get the same behaviour as you. (The only thing on page 2 is the checkbox for "Track reading activity".)
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:09 AM   #93
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Kobo firmware 4.6.10075 has been released. As of December 3, 2017, it has been released to the devices: Kobo Glo, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Touch 2.0, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2O. It has not been released to the: Kobo Touch A/B, Kobo Touch C, Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2, Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Aura Edition 2. The affiliates used to check these firmware versions were: kobo, rakutenbooks, bestbuyca, fnac, beta, walmartca.
Thanks, Jon. I've been waffling on whether or not to update manually my Glo HD; now I'll just let it update OTA. (Hasn't happened yet.)
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #94
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Thanks, Jon. I've been waffling on whether or not to update manually my Glo HD; now I'll just let it update OTA. (Hasn't happened yet.)
And it isn't going to update unless your affiliate is set to "rakutenbooks". As stated earlier in the thread, this firmware version is only being released to the Japanese market. But, there will should be a release for the Aura ONE Limited in the next few days. And that will probably go to the other device shortly afterwards.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:19 AM   #95
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
And it isn't going to update unless your affiliate is set to "rakutenbooks". As stated earlier in the thread, this firmware version is only being released to the Japanese market. But, there will should be a release for the Aura ONE Limited in the next few days. And that will probably go to the other device shortly afterwards.
According to Jon's post, it's now been released to other affiliates as well, hence my decision to wait on the OTA update.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:37 AM   #96
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
According to Jon's post, it's now been released to other affiliates as well, hence my decision to wait on the OTA update.
Jon's post is a standard post generated from https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html. It checks the listed affiliates and shows the latest firmware found for any of these affiliates. If you go to the site and click the "Other affiliates" button, it will show the firmware version for each of these affiliates. And "rakutenbooks" is the only one getting 4.6.10075. The others are all on 4.6.9995.

Plus, my information comes from Kobo. When this firmware was detected, I asked what was going on. I posted the response early in the thread.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:43 AM   #97
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Jon's post is a standard post generated from https://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html. It checks the listed affiliates and shows the latest firmware found for any of these affiliates. If you go to the site and click the "Other affiliates" button, it will show the firmware version for each of these affiliates. And "rakutenbooks" is the only one getting 4.6.10075. The others are all on 4.6.9995.

Plus, my information comes from Kobo. When this firmware was detected, I asked what was going on. I posted the response early in the thread.
OK, thanks, David. Guess I'll go back to waffling.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:18 AM   #98
Dryhte
Crow
Dryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watchDryhte is clearly one to watch

Device: (Vivlio) Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjd View Post
No, I did not find any 'black box around the page' defect on mark 3 Touch and mark 4 Glo. Images of both the devices are attached.
Mark 3 seems to have been pulled. Not available anymore.
Dryhte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:23 AM   #99
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
Go to post #90 in this thread and click the link for Mark 3 and it will download. It's not been pulled.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #100
Peenno
Peenno began at the beginning.

Device: Touch A/B & C
Question Touch A/B & C

Hello,

I installed the version 4.6.10075 on my old Touch A/B (Fnac) and it works well, except I continue to have 2 big black squares on the bottom right and left of the screen. As I remember, it appears on 4.6 but I am not sure.
I got the link from the message of JSWolf on Kobo Firmware 4.6.10075 (thread #90) : http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...-4.6.10075.zip.

Do you know why the version is sticked to 4.5.9587 on http://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html?

Do you know if the 2 black squares are link to the firmware or the epub?

Is there a way to downgrade?

Sorry for all my questions

Thanks

Last edited by Peenno; 12-04-2017 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Complementary informations
Peenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:27 PM   #101
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Firmware 4.6.10075 has been released for Kobo Aura, affiliate rakutenbooks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Also Kobo Glo HD and Kobo Touch 2.0.
Also Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:51 PM   #102
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryhte View Post
Kobo stopped sending out firmware 4.6.9995 for the Touch shortly after release. I believe it was because of some display problems reported here. But, they left the download available to allow manual installs. I don't think 4.6.10075 was ever sent to the Touch, but Kobo have uploaded the firmware file to the expected place. So you can download and install it. I think it still has the display problems mentioned, but, not everyone is affected by it. When it was discussed, I couldn't reproduce it on my Touch.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:00 PM   #103
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peenno View Post
Hello,

I installed the version 4.6.10075 on my old Touch A/B (Fnac) and it works well, except I continue to have 2 big black squares on the bottom right and left of the screen. As I remember, it appears on 4.6 but I am not sure.
I got the link from the message of JSWolf on Kobo Firmware 4.6.10075 (thread #90) : http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwa...-4.6.10075.zip.

Do you know why the version is sticked to 4.5.9587 on http://geek1011.github.io/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html?
You've actually answered your own question. Kobo stopped sending the 4.6.9995 upgrades to the Touch when the display problems you are seeing was reported. They left the file there and created the update for 4.6.10075 but are not automatically sending it out.
Quote:
Do you know if the 2 black squares are link to the firmware or the epub?
It's in the firmware, but it doesn't affect everyone. Some people see it all the time. I don't. I can get it sometimes, but can't reliably reproduce it.
Quote:
Is there a way to downgrade?
While it is not officially supported, it is safe to manually install version 4.5.9587 over these later versions. Of course, I recommend taking a backup of the book partition just in case, but it should be OK.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #104
Peenno
Peenno began at the beginning.

Device: Touch A/B & C
Quote:
You've actually answered your own question. Kobo stopped sending the 4.6.9995 upgrades to the Touch when the display problems you are seeing was reported. They left the file there and created the update for 4.6.10075 but are not automatically sending it out.

It's in the firmware, but it doesn't affect everyone. Some people see it all the time. I don't. I can get it sometimes, but can't reliably reproduce it.

While it is not officially supported, it is safe to manually install version 4.5.9587 over these later versions. Of course, I recommend taking a backup of the book partition just in case, but it should be OK.
Thank you. Very clear
Peenno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 07:24 PM   #105
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Thanks for the update David

I'll patiently wait for the Aura One update ....
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote