Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-25-2016, 12:11 PM   #46
HarveyCN
Kindle Mate developer
HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Kindle Mate 1.36-latest (release date 2016-9-25)
Home: kmate.me
<New Features>
-Batch-export all vocabulary books to files
-Added an option to allow Anki users to use different card styles and fields (Options – Words Export/Copy Format -Anki Style
-Highlight Anki keywords in both usages and definitions.
-Vocabulary Stem is editable. You can edit Word Stem to correct wrong stems and thus download right definitions (double-click on Stem in Reading Pane). When sync back to Kindle, your new stem will be saved.
-When Sync Changes to Kindle, the last successfully accessed vocabulary data will be saved as backup
<Bug Fixes>
-When changing the definitions of words, the color tags might be reset.
-Some option shortcuts might not work properly.
-Other bug fixes and performance improvements
HarveyCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:09 PM   #47
Ilkantuau
Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!Ilkantuau will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
Thanks!

Last edited by Ilkantuau; 09-29-2016 at 04:11 PM. Reason: thanks
Ilkantuau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:27 AM   #48
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Thanks! The categories, introduced in the previous release, and the export options from the latest one are really nice!

One request I still have: the possibility to remove some words from my Kindle, store them and send back to the device when needed.

This could be done e.g. by exporting vocabulary words from some titles or categories, and then re-importing them to the database when needed, or by introducing a third status (learning, mastered, stored outside of Kindle).

The reason I am asking for this is: dictionaries on the device tend to work more slowly when many words are in the vocabulary builder. Furthermore, vocabulary builder on the device develops lots of clutter very quickly. Being able to clean it up (without losing all the data and while being able to re-import them to the device if need be) would be great!
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #49
mendesitba
Connoisseur
mendesitba began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, Ipad 2, Note 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyCN View Post
Kindle Mate 1.36-latest (release date 2016-9-25)
Home: kmate.me
<New Features>
-Batch-export all vocabulary books to files
-Added an option to allow Anki users to use different card styles and fields (Options – Words Export/Copy Format -Anki Style
-Highlight Anki keywords in both usages and definitions.
-Vocabulary Stem is editable. You can edit Word Stem to correct wrong stems and thus download right definitions (double-click on Stem in Reading Pane). When sync back to Kindle, your new stem will be saved.
-When Sync Changes to Kindle, the last successfully accessed vocabulary data will be saved as backup
<Bug Fixes>
-When changing the definitions of words, the color tags might be reset.
-Some option shortcuts might not work properly.
-Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Hello, I am not able to export the vocabulary words to the "excel" format when the language is French or Portuguese. I tried these two languages after downloading the definitions. My guess is that it is related to some character in these languages such as: ç ´ ` etc
mendesitba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #50
HarveyCN
Kindle Mate developer
HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.HarveyCN knows who John Galt is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
Thanks! The categories, introduced in the previous release, and the export options from the latest one are really nice!

One request I still have: the possibility to remove some words from my Kindle, store them and send back to the device when needed.

This could be done e.g. by exporting vocabulary words from some titles or categories, and then re-importing them to the database when needed, or by introducing a third status (learning, mastered, stored outside of Kindle).

The reason I am asking for this is: dictionaries on the device tend to work more slowly when many words are in the vocabulary builder. Furthermore, vocabulary builder on the device develops lots of clutter very quickly. Being able to clean it up (without losing all the data and while being able to re-import them to the device if need be) would be great!
Sorry to reply late. I think your request makes much more sense. I will adopt this feature in the next release. Thanks for your input!
Old 10-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #51
HarveyCN
Kindle Mate developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendesitba View Post
Hello, I am not able to export the vocabulary words to the "excel" format when the language is French or Portuguese. I tried these two languages after downloading the definitions. My guess is that it is related to some character in these languages such as: ç ´ ` etc
Thanks for your feedback.
Could you please send me your KM2.dat file(located in your Kindle Mate directory) to me so that I can look into it? You can reach me via harveycn#outlook.com or visit kmate.me/contact. Appreciate your effort.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #52
rhea137
rhea137 began at the beginning.

I still cannot believe someone has made such a tool. It's too good to be true Chapeau bas, an impressive level of extracted detail...even the contextual excerpts! My kindle just got a lot more useful, thank you! ps I even logged for the first time since 2014 just to write this message
rhea137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #53
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyCN View Post
Yes, it will show up on the Mac some day, hopefully soon.
How soon is “soon”?
johnnyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 01:17 AM   #54
johnconnor92
johnconnor92 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I have just discovered Kindle Mate here, but I was wondering if there is an option to also include the chapter name together with each highlight? I think it'll be really helpful in providing the context of the highlight, in addition to the book title and location number (which hardly makes any sense to me, sadly)
johnconnor92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:57 AM   #55
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
This is why I use Kobo H2O and Kobo Utilities in Calibre. I've not found anything satisfactory for Kindle so far, though I didn't try this Kindle Mate.

I'll see if it works on WINE on Linux.

1) Location is useless information for editing the source in Word or LibreOffice Writer.
2) I want to only transfer one selected book
3) Need Chapter, % into chapter, entire highlight and note per annotation.
4) I don't want to have to copy a file
5) I already use Calibre to manage eBooks on all my eReaders and create eBooks from my own documents.

Also now needs to work on Linux, or at worst WINE, as after 25 years I've abandoned Windows as a lost cause (nearly 2 years ago).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 06:17 PM   #56
kript96
Enthusiast
kript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animalskript96 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle PW (2018), Kindle Scribe
Hey this app seems amazing, but i have one big problem: date of highlit isn't recognized , it shows the day when they were added on kindle mate at 00.00 : if i open manually the text, is in there, so what's wrong exactly?
vocabulary words have the right date.
kript96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 03:38 PM   #57
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
[In case KM is still an active project]

Kindle Mate is overkill for me: I have no interest in doing anything with My Clippings, and my sole use case is to have a tool which collects and syncs Vocabulary Builder data between my Kindles (something I have long wished Amazon would get around to doing). I don't need it to do any more than that (e.g. add definitions and offer UI).

Windows is also inconvenient. My netbook (remember them) barely runs Windows 10. Another, poor thing, spends hours every time I turn it on doing updates before I can do anything useful with it, with its loud fan going all the while. 12 years ago, it was a screamer, even after it updated to Windows 10. What happened? It won't tell me.

Have you considered developing calibre plugins for some of this? It would be platform neutral and these might find a larger audience.

Thanks.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-11-2023 at 03:50 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote