Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2017, 10:51 AM   #31
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampmiller View Post
Sigh. My "waterproof" Kobo Aura One took a dunk in the bath just past it's one year birthday and the perfectly uniform light was no more. Now I have dark spots all over the screen.
I'm sure you've thought of this already. Those dark spots sound like the residue from oily bath products.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2017, 11:45 AM   #32
vampmiller
Enthusiast
vampmiller has learned how to read e-booksvampmiller has learned how to read e-booksvampmiller has learned how to read e-booksvampmiller has learned how to read e-booksvampmiller has learned how to read e-booksvampmiller has learned how to read e-booksvampmiller has learned how to read e-booksvampmiller has learned how to read e-books

Device: kobo aura, kindle voyager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcj View Post
I'm sure you've thought of this already. Those dark spots sound like the residue from oily bath products.
Thanks for thinking of that. Yeah, I thought of it too. And washed out the Kobo a few times with clean/clear water. I was surprised at how much water the Kobo could absorb. Moving it around under water, I saw a number of air bubbles rise and when I took it out, water really flowed from it.

Buying a new e-reader every year or so seems to be the norm anyway, right?
vampmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:51 PM   #33
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampmiller View Post
Thanks for thinking of that. Yeah, I thought of it too. And washed out the Kobo a few times with clean/clear water. I was surprised at how much water the Kobo could absorb. Moving it around under water, I saw a number of air bubbles rise and when I took it out, water really flowed from it.

Buying a new e-reader every year or so seems to be the norm anyway, right?
That's a bit alarming. Yeah, the new norm.

One thing, though, oil droplets might not wash off with water. They might need something like cleaner designed for eyeglasses.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote