Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2017, 07:45 AM   #1
frazse
Junior Member
frazse began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2017
Device: Inkbook Prime
Inkbook Prime - Firmware with Google Play?

Hi,

I got my Inkbook Prime a couple of weeks ago and I really like the device but the lack of Google Play servies etc is a really big downside to an android device tbh.

So my question is, is it possible to use the Energy System Pro HD firmware (or any other firmware) on the Inkbook Prime?

Because installing Google Play on the device does not work (crashes when opening).

Thank you.

Last edited by frazse; 08-02-2017 at 07:48 AM.
frazse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2017, 04:48 PM   #2
adamkpl
Junior Member
adamkpl began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jun 2017
Device: inkBOOK Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by frazse View Post
Hi,

I got my Inkbook Prime a couple of weeks ago and I really like the device but the lack of Google Play servies etc is a really big downside to an android device tbh.

So my question is, is it possible to use the Energy System Pro HD firmware (or any other firmware) on the Inkbook Prime?

Because installing Google Play on the device does not work (crashes when opening).

Thank you.
No, this device is completely different.

I am still awaiting for the hack to make it work. Hope to see it this year..
adamkpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:31 PM   #3
bm.brooks
Junior Member
bm.brooks began at the beginning.
 
bm.brooks's Avatar
 
Posts: 7
Karma: 32
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minnesota
Device: Sony PRS-500;Sony PRS-505;Sony PRS-T1; Inkbook Prime
Unfortunately, while I can get you in the neighborhood I cannot provide a perfect solution.

It would be nice to have Google Play Store, however it isn't a big requirement for me, so it isn’t something I am willing to spend a lot of time on. That being said, when I first got the inkBOOK I did a little research on the various threads getting the Play Store working on Nook Glowlight Plus and Amazon Fire tablets.

The result is I can get Play Store to “run”, however when it connects to the cloud I get “Error retrieving information from server RH-01”. My assumption is I have an incompatible version of one of the APKs, but I haven’t spent the time to figure out which one

Standard Disclaimers: The following worked for me, but may not work for you. This is the simplest method I could find, there might be better, easier, and non-root methods, I just didn’t try them. If it doesn’t work you should able to undo the steps to return to normal. It is highly recommended to have ADB installed and working so if you get hung up on the device you can still fix it from your computer.
  1. You need root access, consult other threads on mobileread to find out how
  2. Hunt up 4 apks (apkmirror, xda-developers, etc.) and put them on the inkBOOK. These are the versions I find/used
    • Google Login Service version:4.0.4
    • Google Play Service version:11.0.56 (030-156935310)
    • Google Play Store version:7.6.08.N
    • Google Services Framework Version:4.2.2-940549
  3. Copy the 4 apks to /system/app on the root partition, using whichever file manager you like (I used Solid Explorer)
    • Verify/set owner/group to ‘System’ or ‘Root’
    • File protection is Owner:Read+Write, Group:Read, Other:Read
  4. Reboot
  5. 5. Run Play Store - Enter Google account info

As a side note, after the above steps have been completed you can side-load Play Books version:3.12. Even though the Play Store isn’t fully functional Play Books works fine.
bm.brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 03:26 PM   #4
mising
Enthusiast
mising began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 31
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2015
Device: Onyx InkBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm.brooks View Post
  1. You need root access, consult other threads on mobileread to find out how
  2. Hunt up 4 apks (apkmirror, xda-developers, etc.) and put them on the inkBOOK. These are the versions I find/used
    • Google Login Service version:4.0.4
    • Google Play Service version:11.0.56 (030-156935310)
    • Google Play Store version:7.6.08.N
    • Google Services Framework Version:4.2.2-940549
  3. Copy the 4 apks to /system/app on the root partition, using whichever file manager you like (I used Solid Explorer)
    • Verify/set owner/group to ‘System’ or ‘Root’
    • File protection is Owner:Read+Write, Group:Read, Other:Read
  4. Reboot
  5. 5. Run Play Store - Enter Google account info

As a side note, after the above steps have been completed you can side-load Play Books version:3.12. Even though the Play Store isn’t fully functional Play Books works fine.
Thanks!
This worked for me to get Google Play Books working, which is really all I needed as far as Google stuff.
mising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:48 AM   #5
Kander2616
Junior Member
Kander2616 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2017
Device: InkBook Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm.brooks View Post
Unfortunately, while I can get you in the neighborhood I cannot provide a perfect solution.

It would be nice to have Google Play Store, however it isn't a big requirement for me, so it isn’t something I am willing to spend a lot of time on. That being said, when I first got the inkBOOK I did a little research on the various threads getting the Play Store working on Nook Glowlight Plus and Amazon Fire tablets.

The result is I can get Play Store to “run”, however when it connects to the cloud I get “Error retrieving information from server RH-01”. My assumption is I have an incompatible version of one of the APKs, but I haven’t spent the time to figure out which one

Standard Disclaimers: The following worked for me, but may not work for you. This is the simplest method I could find, there might be better, easier, and non-root methods, I just didn’t try them. If it doesn’t work you should able to undo the steps to return to normal. It is highly recommended to have ADB installed and working so if you get hung up on the device you can still fix it from your computer.
  1. You need root access, consult other threads on mobileread to find out how
  2. Hunt up 4 apks (apkmirror, xda-developers, etc.) and put them on the inkBOOK. These are the versions I find/used
    • Google Login Service version:4.0.4
    • Google Play Service version:11.0.56 (030-156935310)
    • Google Play Store version:7.6.08.N
    • Google Services Framework Version:4.2.2-940549
  3. Copy the 4 apks to /system/app on the root partition, using whichever file manager you like (I used Solid Explorer)
    • Verify/set owner/group to ‘System’ or ‘Root’
    • File protection is Owner:Read+Write, Group:Read, Other:Read
  4. Reboot
  5. 5. Run Play Store - Enter Google account info

As a side note, after the above steps have been completed you can side-load Play Books version:3.12. Even though the Play Store isn’t fully functional Play Books works fine.
Not work for me
Kander2616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:00 AM   #6
sherlyregan
Junior Member
sherlyregan began at the beginning.
 
sherlyregan's Avatar
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2017
Device: Bundle-Amazon Kindle 8th Gen Bluetooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm.brooks View Post
Unfortunately, while I can get you in the neighborhood I cannot provide a perfect solution.

It would be nice to have Google Play Store, however it isn't a big requirement for me, so it isn’t something I am willing to spend a lot of time on. That being said, when I first got the inkBOOK I did a little research on the various threads getting the Play Store working on Nook Glowlight Plus and Amazon Fire tablets.

The result is I can get Play Store to “run”, however when it connects to the cloud I get “Error retrieving information from server RH-01”. My assumption is I have an incompatible version of one of the APKs, but I haven’t spent the time to figure out which one

Standard Disclaimers: The following worked for me, but may not work for you. This is the simplest method I could find, there might be better, easier, and non-root methods, I just didn’t try them. If it doesn’t work you should able to undo the steps to return to normal. It is highly recommended to have ADB installed and working so if you get hung up on the device you can still fix it from your computer.
  1. You need root access, consult other threads on mobileread to find out how
  2. Hunt up 4 apks (apkmirror, xda-developers, androidapksbox, etc.) and put them on the inkBOOK. These are the versions I find/used
    • Google Login Service version:4.0.4
    • Google Play Service version:11.0.56 (030-156935310)
    • Google Play Store version:7.6.08.N
    • Google Services Framework Version:4.2.2-940549
  3. Copy the 4 apks to /system/app on the root partition, using whichever file manager you like (I used Solid Explorer)
    • Verify/set owner/group to ‘System’ or ‘Root’
    • File protection is Owner:Read+Write, Group:Read, Other:Read
  4. Reboot
  5. 5. Run Play Store - Enter Google account info

As a side note, after the above steps have been completed you can side-load Play Books version:3.12. Even though the Play Store isn’t fully functional Play Books works fine.
I just install Google Services Framework, google account manager, google play service and then google play store. It works great.
sherlyregan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 11:55 PM   #7
Kander2616
Junior Member
Kander2616 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2017
Device: InkBook Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlyregan View Post
I just install Google Services Framework, google account manager, google play service and then google play store. It works great.
its imposible i take severals hours for try and nothing
Kander2616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:05 AM   #8
Kander2616
Junior Member
Kander2616 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 3
Karma: 10
Join Date: Oct 2017
Device: InkBook Prime
YES

ok FINNALY can install the framework, account manager and google service

but google play dont work cuz the rh-01

Google driver work but not google book (testing apks)
Kander2616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inkbook Prime Review bm.brooks More E-Book Readers 9 09-27-2017 04:47 PM
Inkbook prime tponzo More E-Book Readers 8 09-16-2017 06:54 PM
inkBook prime for ROOT sbwtxj Android Devices 5 06-28-2017 08:09 AM
[Android] Inkbook Prime and CC DoctorOhh Calibre Companion 14 05-19-2017 10:38 PM
C67ML Carta V1.8.0 firmware no Google Play dia Onyx Boox 7 12-23-2016 06:23 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:04 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.