Old 07-19-2017, 10:22 AM   #706
Peter Silie
Peter Silie began at the beginning.

Device: sony digital paper
I lost track on all the pages. I think I read some weeks ago that:
Sticky notes gone
Workspace gone
Is that right?
I dont really care about the app only connection, but I am using this two feartures a lot. Not sure if I should switch to the new model.
Peter Silie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:32 PM   #707
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
About the tips=> They do wear off very quickly and that's actually the biggest fault I can pick with RP1 so far. I am also nearly running through my four tips now, and am annoyed that 1) I cannot get replacements; and 2) the tips are very expensive at the rate that they wear off. At US$2 per unit I can get quite decent ball-point pens which will probably last 10 times as long as those stylus tips or even longer. The thing wears off faster than a pencil (and it's definitely much shorter than a pencil, being only a "tip"). I've used wacom/surface pro/sony duo stylus before, and none of them wear as fast as RP1. This is almost enough to put me off from buying had I known it. If Sony can't make more lasting tips, they should definitely lower their price.

By the way, the ball-point pen tip leaves stains on the display. It can be wiped off with a wet cloth.
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:39 PM   #708
giodelgado
giodelgado began at the beginning.

Device: DPt-RP1
Quote:
Originally Posted by antistar View Post
About the tips=> They do wear off very quickly and that's actually the biggest fault I can pick with RP1 so far. I am also nearly running through my four tips now, and am annoyed that 1) I cannot get replacements; and 2) the tips are very expensive at the rate that they wear off. At US$2 per unit I can get quite decent ball-point pens which will probably last 10 times as long as those stylus tips or even longer. The thing wears off faster than a pencil (and it's definitely much shorter than a pencil, being only a "tip"). I've used wacom/surface pro/sony duo stylus before, and none of them wear as fast as RP1. This is almost enough to put me off from buying had I known it. If Sony can't make more lasting tips, they should definitely lower their price.

By the way, the ball-point pen tip leaves stains on the display. It can be wiped off with a wet cloth.
Since they're made in China I hope another manufacturer creates cheap knock offs
giodelgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #709
rkabir
rkabir began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
MarktheLark - my order of extra pencil/felt tips from B&H just shipped, and they seem to have more in stock (I just ordered more given the reports of wear-down). Hope yours shipped as well!
rkabir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:25 AM   #710
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Sony Digital Paper DPT R1 WITH Android

Here you go. For everybody who did not believe could run on Android:

fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #711
LarryNYC
Groupie
LarryNYC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
Neat, but what about stylus input? I didn't see you use the stylus, and, frankly, writing notes with the stylus is my main use case.
LarryNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #712
Avenger
Connoisseur
Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.

Device: iREX DR 1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNYC View Post
Neat, but what about stylus input? I didn't see you use the stylus, and, frankly, writing notes with the stylus is my main use case.
It probably needs a driver of sorts for the pen. I'd love to get this to read epubs. It would be best if you could dual-boot into the official OS and this Android version.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #713
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgdas View Post
I believe in it now, I'm an acolyte...

Sadly, it cannot be used to browse the web.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #714
juegos
Connoisseur
juegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheesejuegos can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Exciting to see Android running on the DPT-RP1. If they can get the pen to work and somehow get the WiFi to work with the internet rather than just the local network, that would be tremendous. A major step to get the inferior software on par with the hardware of the DPT-RP1, and a major blow to Sony's efforts to lock the device down.
juegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #715
Avenger
Connoisseur
Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.

Device: iREX DR 1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosir View Post
according to above which post tells us the truth, RP1 running Android is a totally lie, and the one who says that it's a absurd liar

and that sly video is obviously 120% CGI
Not sure if the video is fake but I read the chip is able to run android. So it is possible someone got Android to run on it even if the original OS is Linux based.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:33 PM   #716
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosir View Post
according to above which post tells us the truth, RP1 running Android is a totally lie, and the one who says that it's a absurd liar

and that sly video is obviously 120% CGI
Wow. You must be working for Sony or Psychiatric hospital to create a new account and release such a statement in your first post.
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 04:46 AM   #717
mo4co4
mo4co4 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How you get this thing to Europe? Any european sites selling it?
mo4co4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:59 PM   #718
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo4co4 View Post
How you get this thing to Europe? Any european sites selling it?
I don't believe so. You could use one of the US mail forwarding outfits such as this (that's just one picked at random - there are many). I'm not sure that the previous model was ever sold in Europe.

Last edited by HarryT; 07-24-2017 at 04:01 PM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #719
kuromusha
Enthusiast
kuromusha began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, PRS-T2, PRS-T3, Boox T68
How do I get one? Amazon is out of stock. Any other websites selling it currently?
kuromusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:01 AM   #720
Ghitulescu
Evangelist
Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'Ghitulescu gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: PRS-T1
If Sony does not officially sells in the UE, then the wannahaveit must expect import taxes (which would add a lot to the price).
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote