Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-29-2017, 06:58 AM   #376
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The upload is in progress -- my internet conenction died in the middle, so it will be a little while before it is completed. I will post here when the upload is done.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:18 AM   #377
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:36 AM   #378
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released version 2.99.9 with the following changes:
  1. Support for iOS devices (iPad/iPhone etc.)
  2. Add support for adding calibre to the home screen on Android and iOS devices
  3. Add a link to the /mobile page below the loading progress bar for old/limited browsers
  4. Ensure correct base directory is used when running from source with CALIBRE_DEVELOP_FROM

Phew, Apple gave me a whole new set of white hair.

@JSWolf: As part of all the re-working I had to do to support Safari, I made some minor changes to the page layout code, so it might have an effect on your issue.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:42 AM   #379
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@JSWolf: As part of all the re-working I had to do to support Safari, I made some minor changes to the page layout code, so it might have an effect on your issue.
I'll test soon and let you know. Thank you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:26 AM   #380
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
@davidfor: My guess would be Accept-Ranges. You can turn it off easily to test by changing line 676 in http_response.py
As m.s said, this didn't help.

To check, I added a print to parse_header_line in http_request.py to see what the request headers. The first is from the dece, the second from Firefox. To me the response headers that the calibre is using should be OK.

Code:
parse_header_line: Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
parse_header_line: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0; en-us;) AppleWebKit/538.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/538.1 (Kobo Touch 0370/4.4.9344)
parse_header_line: Accept-Language: en-AU, *;q=0.9
parse_header_line: Host: 10.1.225.111
parse_header_line: Connection: Keep-Alive
parse_header_line: Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
parse_header_line:
Device using plugboard epub content_server None
Code:
parse_header_line: Host: 10.1.225.111
parse_header_line: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
parse_header_line: Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
parse_header_line: Accept-Language: en-AU,en-US;q=0.7,en;q=0.3
parse_header_line: Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
parse_header_line: Referer: http://10.1.225.111/mobile
parse_header_line: Connection: keep-alive
parse_header_line: Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1
parse_header_line:
Device using plugboard epub content_server None
I'm doing a packet capture to see what I can see.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:08 AM   #381
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well, it was only a guess. The other thing you could try is adding some print statements to see if the client is actually receiving all the data or aborting in between. You can change line 310 to disable the use of sendfile and then add the prints to the write() method to see what is being written to the socket.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:11 AM   #382
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Using my iPad to read with Safari is a mess. It just doesn't work well at all with 2.99.9 Portable.

Also, the same problem I'm having with Firefox still exists.

What I will do is install 2.99.9 Portable on the Windows 7 system and see how that goes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:15 AM   #383
m.s
Enthusiast
m.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timem.s possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Bookeens, Kindles, Kobos, PocketBooks, Tolinos
Quote:
Add a link to the /mobile page below the loading progress bar for old/limited browsers
Sorry, here is no link on the site. I attached how the server shows on a tolino-reader.

Another question to the simple mode: How can I select another library? At the moment the first entry in the "Quick switch" is used.

Edit: Have found.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_20170529_170701.png
Views:	128
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	157091  

Last edited by m.s; 05-29-2017 at 11:22 AM.
m.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:21 AM   #384
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@ms: You probably need to press refresh. See https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...index.html#L19

@JSWolf: reading in Safari works fone on my iPad mini. You need to be more specific, with what your problem is. As for your issue with firefox, as I said, my changes might have haelped, they might not, I have no way to know since I cant reproduce it.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:22 PM   #385
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Search Dialog oddity

I've had this error pop up twice when I've tried to do a search after adding some books and editing the metadata. Closing 2.99.8 and re-opening it allowed the search to work. I haven't tested with 2.99.9 so this might already be fixed. The lovely part is that I'm not sure what the trigger is since I've added other books and done a search without error.

Code:
alibre, version 2.99.8
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'SearchDialog' object has no attribute 'general_box'

calibre 2.99.8 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.15063-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.15063')
Python 2.7.12+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.15063', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && Obok DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 14) && Kobo Books (1, 2, 1) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && KoboTouchBeta (2, 3, 4) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && FictionDB (1, 201, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 4) && Kobo Utilities (2, 5, 2) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 1, 6) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && KoboTouchExtended (2, 8, 2) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && Webscription (1, 1, 0) && SmartEject (2, 0, 6)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\search_box.py", line 506, in do_advanced_search
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\search.py", line 250, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\search.py", line 239, in setup_ui
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\search.py", line 149, in create_simple_tab
AttributeError: 'SearchDialog' object has no attribute 'general_box'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Search_Dialog_error.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	157092  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #386
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@DNSB: That's a bug, fixed by: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...4785a0b9a9ed9f
Old 05-29-2017, 04:18 PM   #387
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Using calibre 299.9 Linux mint 18.1, Firefox 53.0.3 64 bit Linux and Firefox for Android following error on this book In Times Like These: A Time Travel Adventure--currently free on Amazon.
Code:
Failed to prepare book for reading

Could not open In Times Like These. There was an error processing the book, click "Show details" for more information

File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 286, in main
  File "site-packages/calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 511, in render
  File "site-packages/calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 210, in __init__
  File "site-packages/calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 345, in virtualize_resources
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/oeb/base.py", line 224, in rewrite_links
  File "site-packages/calibre/srv/render_book.py", line 326, in link_replacer
AttributeError: 'bool' object has no attribute 'add'
This error happens on both azw3 and epub. The cause is that the book has images with a file extension of .svg. Delete the .svg images and it reads normally.

bernie

Last edited by gbm; 05-29-2017 at 04:21 PM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #388
tsterkel
tsterkel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I can break Anything. Expertise going back to the '70s.
tsterkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:28 PM   #389
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@gbm: This should fix it: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...f2727c9e66495a
Old 05-30-2017, 04:19 AM   #390
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
On Ubuntu Mate 16.04.02 64bit, I got this this morning trying to start the beta, my default installed one works.

Spoiler:
userx@Dragonite:/Games/Linux/calibre-beta$ ./calibre-debug -g
calibre 2.99.9 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-4.4.0-78-generic-x86_64-with-debian-stretch-sid Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.4.0-78-generic', '#99-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 27 15:29:09 UTC 2017')
Python 2.7.12
Linux: ('debian', 'stretch/sid', '')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 2, 1) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Beam Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Count Pages (1, 7, 0) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && EpubSplit (2, 2, 0) && Goodreads (1, 1, 12) && FictionDB (1, 0, 10) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 1, 7) && EpubMerge (2, 1, 0) && KoboBooks (1, 0, 0) && Library Codes (1, 0, 29) && Open With (1, 5, 10) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && FanFicFare (2, 12, 4) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21)
Turning on automatic hidpi scaling
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0756501182 x 96.0504201681
physicalDpi: 91.7381489842 x 91.8072289157
Using calibre Qt style: True
Starting up...
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 160, in __init__
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 174, in init_iaction
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 614, in load_actual_plugin
File "importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 183, in load_module
File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.action", line 26, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.dialogs", line 18, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/single.py", line 20, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/search_and_replace.py", line 11, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/search_and_replace_ui.py", line 155, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/regex_builder.py", line 18, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/search_replace.py", line 7, in <module>
File "site-packages/regex/__init__.py", line 383, in <module>
File "site-packages/regex/_regex_core.py", line 21, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/constants.py", line 209, in __getitem__
KeyError: "No plugin named '_regex'"
File "site-packages/calibre/customize/__init__.py", line 614, in load_actual_plugin
File "calibre_plugins.extract_isbn.action", line 18, in <module>
File "calibre_plugins.extract_isbn.dialogs", line 17, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/search_and_replace.py", line 11, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/search_and_replace_ui.py", line 155, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/convert/regex_builder.py", line 18, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/conversion/search_replace.py", line 7, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/actions/catalog.py", line 13, in <module>
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/tools.py", line 16, in <module>

EDIT: weird, restarted and now it works O_o

Last edited by PandathePanda; 05-30-2017 at 04:23 AM.
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote