Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-24-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
frangelica
frangelica began at the beginning.

Device: nook, palm pre
First post, and hope it's not one that shows I'm an idiot

I have seen in the Calibre User Guide that there is a way to subsort, but I cannot get it to work for me.

I just updated to 2.85.1, and would love to be able to sort by Author and subsort by Series.

Any help would be gratefully and meekly accepted.
frangelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
If you want to sort by Author/Series:

1. Click the Series column header
2. Click the Author(s) column header

The generic solution is to click the column headers in reverse order.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:58 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by frangelica View Post
I have seen in the Calibre User Guide that there is a way to subsort, but I cannot get it to work for me.

I just updated to 2.85.1, and would love to be able to sort by Author and subsort by Series.
There is also a plugin to facilitate this ==>> View Manager

It allows you define, name. save. and reuse multi-column sort orders and column layouts (LTR order of columns in book list) that you can switch between as and when needed.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #4
frangelica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If you want to sort by Author/Series:

1. Click the Series column header
2. Click the Author(s) column header

The generic solution is to click the column headers in reverse order.
That is the procedure that I saw in the User Guide, but for some reason it doesn't work for me. Thank you anyway....I appreciate your time.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #5
frangelica

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
There is also a plugin to facilitate this ==>> View Manager

It allows you define, name. save. and reuse multi-column sort orders and column layouts (LTR order of columns in book list) that you can switch between as and when needed.

BR
I will definitely check out this plugin! Thank you!
Old 05-26-2017, 05:45 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frangelica View Post
That is the procedure that I saw in the User Guide, but for some reason it doesn't work for me. Thank you anyway....I appreciate your time.
You should note that with default settings clicking on the authors column header actually sorts on the 'author-sort' field and not the visible 'author' field.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sort, sub-sort