Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 07:36 AM   #31
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post

KSpeak is very basic at the moment.
Really?
I did it in a few hours of my free time, its price is not so high
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:49 AM   #32
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
You have to click the mouth icon
Tap the title bar (or something else) to hide the keyboard
Ah, simple enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
I you NEED TTS to read long form texts to you - use an Android device
But then, where is the fun
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:27 AM   #33
notimp
Addict
notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.notimp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2i
@encol: No criticism against this project or you personally - between "what Amazon has chosen to provide on the device" and there being no TTS support at all - its still great that it exists.

Also - many of the shortcomings are more structural issues than your fault.

- Open source TTS engines not being up to par with commercial solutions > the "big five" tech giants use big data and machine learning to "understand and improve" their TTS engines - you can't do that with "five people in a garage" any longer... (I think its worthy to think about it from that perspective as well, as "voice assistents" are currently held up as "the modern user interface" - so when user expectations (not mine) go in one direction, and open source projects cant - there is a structural reason for it).

- Amazons "dongle" implementation is limited, restrictive, follows their own user experience deliberations and probably isn't "standards oriented", so when a certain popup crashes a process that isn't supposed to run in the first place - thats hardly your fault either.

- Leaving the dongle in while the device auto reboots causing a bootloop - is an unforeseen circumstance (in conjunction with the mobileread recovery scripts) and an issue thats probably impossible to solve, because you are weighing the need for a hack to allow people with bricked devices to enter recovery in a way thats low level enough that a screen input is not needed.

- And a part of people that would usually wan't to use a TTS engine can't be expected to be able to troubleshoot all this, because they might be visually impaired.
-

I'm interested in checking out new TTS implementations, when they come along - but mainly from that perspective (how "usable are they" for me and other folks). So thats basically me saying - valiant effort, good job - great for even venturing into this field and creating something that works - but there are limits, that others should know exist -

in this implementation, and in others on this device.

IVONA on Android is also free (but you have to jump through more and more hoops to get it set up (because of Amazons decision to get voices depublished - because of FBReader resorting to a "more simple UI experience", that doesn't allow you to change the document language on the fly - in newer versions (which is important for TTS purposes) ), and might be a better solution if you are really looking for one, because you need it, rather than, because its cool to play with one. Its cool to play with KSpeak as well.

Last edited by notimp; 01-30-2017 at 08:32 AM.
notimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #34
PoP
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

-m

Reading eSpeak documentation, I found the -m switch which causes eSpeak to interpret some SSML tags when reading an htlm file.

I was interested in the xml:lang tag to have the speech synthetizer switching languages according to the markup. Perhaps integrating eSpeak to Koreader that way could provide multilingual TTS with minimum effort.

So, with the help of Omniglot, I created a book to speak "Welcome" in all of the languages supported by eSpeak:

"welcome.html" source:
Spoiler:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?><!--<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">--><html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<style>
p {text-align: center}
<!--Should be U+1D800-U+1DAAF per Unicode v9, is U+40001-U+4FFFF (invalid ) per following font 
@font-face {
  font-family: "SuttonSignWriting";
  src: 
    local('SuttonSignWriting'),
    url("../Fonts/SuttonSignWriting.ttf");
}
.ssw {font-family: "SuttonSignWriting-Regular"; }
@font-face {
  font-family: "SuttonSignWritingFill";
  src: 
    local('SuttonSignWritingFill'),
    url("../Fonts/SuttonSignWritingFill.ttf");
}
.sswf {font-family: "SuttonSignWritingFill-Regular"; }
-->
</style>
</head>
<body>
<!--Afrikaans--><p xml:lang="af-ZA">Welkom</p>
<!--Amharic from Ethiopia in Ethiopic script--><p xml:lang="am-ET-Ethi">እንኳን ደህና መጣህ።</p>
<!--Aragonese from Spain in Latin script--><p xml:lang="an-ES-Latn">Bienveniu</p>
<!--Assamese from India in Bengali script--><p xml:lang="as-IN-Beng">আদৰণি</p>
<!--Azerbaijani from Azerbaijan in Latin script--><p xml:lang="az-AZ-Latn">Xoş gəlmişsiniz!</p>
<!--Bulgarian from Bulgary in Cyrillic script--><p xml:lang="bg-BG-Cyrl">Добре дошло</p>
<!--Bengali from Bangladesh in Bengali script--><p xml:lang="bn-BD-Beng">স্বাগতম</p>
<!--Bosnian from Bosnia and Herzegovina in Latin script--><p xml:lang="bs-BA-Latn">Dobrodošli</p>
<!--Catalan from Spain in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ca-ES-Latn">Benvingut</p>
<!--Central Kurdish (Sorani) in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ckb-Latn">Bi xêr bî</p>
<!--Czech from Czech Republic in Latin script--><p xml:lang="cs-CZ-Latn">Vítejte</p>
<!--Welsh from United Kingdom in Latin script--><p xml:lang="cy-GB-Latn">Croeso</p>
<!--Danish from Denmark in Latin script--><p xml:lang="da-DK-Latn">Velkommen</p>
<!--German from Germany in Latin script--><p xml:lang="de-DE-Latn">Willkommen</p>
<!--Modern Greek from Greece in Greek script--><p xml:lang="el-GR-Grek">Καλώς Όρισες</p>
<!--English American from United States in Latin script--><p xml:lang="en-US-Latn">Welcome</p>
<!--Esperanto in Latin script--><p xml:lang="eo-Latn">Bonvenon</p>
<!--Spanish from Spain in Latin script--><p xml:lang="es-ES-Latn">Bienvenido</p>
<!--Spanish from Latin America in Latin script--><p xml:lang="es-419-Latn">Bienvenido</p>
<!--Estonian from Estonia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="et-EE-Latn">Tere tulemast</p>
<!--Basque from Spain in Latin script--><p xml:lang="eu-ES-Latn">Ongi etorri</p>
<!--Persian (Farsi) from Islamic Republic of Iran in Arab script--><p xml:lang="fa-IR-Arab">خوش آمدی</p>
<!--Finnish from Finland in Latin script--><p xml:lang="fi-FI-Latn">Tervetuloa</p>
<!--French Canadian in Latin script--><p xml:lang="fr-CA-Latn">Bienvenue</p>
<!--Irish Gaelic (Latin Gaelic variant) from Ireland in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ga-latg-IE-Latn">Fáilte</p>
<!--Ancient Greek in Greek script--><p xml:lang="grc-Grek">Ἀσπάζομαι!</p>
<!--Gujarati in Gujarati script--><p xml:lang="gu-Gujr">પધારો</p>
<!--Hindi in Devanagari script--><p xml:lang="hi-Deva">सवागत हैं</p>
<!--Croatian from Croatia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="hr-HR-Latn">Dobrodošli</p>
<!--Hungarian from Hungary in Latin script--><p xml:lang="hu-HU-Latn">Üdvözlet</p>
<!--Armenian from Armenia in Armenian script--><p xml:lang="hy-AM-Armn">Բարի գալուստ!</p>
<!--International Auxiliary Language (interlingua) in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ia-Latn">Benvenite!</p>
<!--Indonesian from Indonesia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="id-ID-Latn">Selamat datang</p>
<!--Icelandic from Island in Latin script--><p xml:lang="is-IS-Latn">Velkominn</p>
<!--Italian from Italy in Latin script--><p xml:lang="it-IT-Latn">Benvenuto</p>
<!--Lojban in Latin script--><p xml:lang="jbo-Latn">fi'i</p>
<!--Georgian from Georgia in Georgian script--><p xml:lang="ka-GE-Geor">კეთილი იყოს თქვენი</p>
<!--Greenlandic from Greenland in Latin script--><p xml:lang="kl-GL-Latn">Tikilluarit</p>
<!--Northern Kurdish (Kurmanji) in Latin script--><p xml:lang="kmr-Latn">Be xer hatî</p>
<!--Kannada from India in Kannada script--><p xml:lang="kn-IN-Knda">ಸುಸ್ವಾಗತ</p>
<!--Korean from South Korea in Hangul script--><p xml:lang="ko-KR-Kore">환영합니다</p>
<!--Kurdish in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ku-Latn">Bi xêr bî</p>
<!--Classical Latin in Latin script--><p xml:lang="la-Latn">Salve</p>
<!--Lingua Franca Nova in Cyrilic script--><p xml:lang="lfn-Cyrl">Бонвени</p>
<!--Lithuanian from Lithuania in Latin script--><p xml:lang="lt-LT-Latn">Sveiki atvykę</p>
<!--Latvian from Latvia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="lv-LV-Latn">Sveiki atvykę</p>
<!--Macedonian from Macedonia in Cyrilic script--><p xml:lang="mk-MK-Cyrl">Добредојдовте</p>
<!--Malayalam from India in Mlym script--><p xml:lang="ml-IN-Mlym">സ്വാഗതം</p>
<!--Marathi from India in Devanagari script--><p xml:lang="mr-IN-Deva">स्वागत आहे</p>
<!--Malay from Malaysia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ms-MY-Latn">Selamat datang</p>
<!--Nahuatl (Aztec) from Mexico in Latin script--><p xml:lang="nci-MX-Latn">Ximopanōltih</p>
<!--Nepali from Nepal in Devanagari script--><p xml:lang="ne-NP-Deva">स्वागतम्</p>
<!--Dutch from Netherlands in Latin script--><p xml:lang="nl-NL-Latn">Welkom</p>
<!--Norwegian from Norway in Latin script--><p xml:lang="no-NO-Latn">Velkommen</p>
<!--Oriya from India in Oriya script--><p xml:lang="or-IN-Oriya">ସ୍ବାଗତ</p>
<!--Punjabi in Gurmukhi script--><p xml:lang="pa-Guru">ਜੀ ਆਇਆ ਨੂੰ।</p>
<!--Papiamento in Latin script--><p xml:lang="pap-Latn">Bon bini</p>
<!--Polish from Poland in Latin script--><p xml:lang="pl-PL-Latn">Witajcie</p>
<!--Portuguese from Portugal in Latin script--><p xml:lang="pt-PT-Latn">Bem-vindo</p>
<!--Romanian from Romania--><p xml:lang="ro-RO-Latn">Bine ai venit</p>
<!--Russian from Russia in Cyrilic script--><p xml:lang="ru-RU-Cyrl">Добро пожаловать!</p>
<!--Sinhalese from Sri Lanka in Sinhala script--><p xml:lang="si-LK-Sinh">සාදරයෙන් පිලිගන්නවා</p>
<!--Slovak from Slovakia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="sk-SK-Latn">Vitaj</p>
<!--Slovenian from Slovenia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="sl-SI-Latn">Dobrodošli</p>
<!--Albanian from Albania in Latin script--><p xml:lang="sq-AL-Latn">Mirë se vjen</p>
<!--Serbian from Serbia in Cyrilic script--><p xml:lang="sr-RS-Cyrl">Добродошли</p>
<!--Swedish from Sweden in Latin script--><p xml:lang="sv-SE-Latn">Välkommen</p>
<!--Tamil from Sri Lanka in Tamil script--><p xml:lang="ta-LK-Taml">வாருங்கள்</p>
<!--Telugu from India in Telugu script (espeak no envelope?)--><p xml:lang="te-IN-Telu">సుస్వాగతం<</p>
<!--Turkish from Turkey in Latin script--><p xml:lang="tr-TR-Latn">Hoş geldin</p>
<!--Urdu from Pakistan in  Arab script--><p xml:lang="ur-PK-Arab">خوش آمدي</p>
<!--Vietnamese from Vietnam in Latin script--><p xml:lang="vi-VN-Latn">Được tiếp đãi ân cần</p>
<!--Chinese Mandarin Traditional from China --><p xml:lang="zh-cmn-Hant-CN">歡迎光臨</p>
<!--Chinese Mandarin Simplified from China--><p xml:lang="zh-cmn-Hans-CN">欢迎</p>
<!--Chinese Cantonese Traditional from Hong Kong--><p xml:lang="zh-yue-Hant-HK">歡迎</p>
<!--Chinese Cantonese Simplified from Hong Kong--><p xml:lang="zh-yue-Hans-HK">欢迎光临</p>

<p xml:lang="fr-CA">Ceci est une <I>table</I> française</p>
<p xml:lang="en-US">This is an english <I>table</I>. Same spelling but different prononciation:</p>
<p xml:lang="fr-CA"><I>Table,</I></p>
<break time="2s"/>
<p xml:lang="en-US"><I>Table!</I></p>

<!--American Sign Language from United States in Sutton SignWriting script U+1D800-U+1DAAF <div class="ssw"><p xml:lang="ase-US-Sgnw">񏈕񀀁񀀂񀀃񀀄</div></p>-->
<!--English NADSAT (my creation) in latin script just to use the private tag--><p xml:lang="en-Latn-x-NADSAT">Chelloveck Droog</p>
<!--Eastern Canadian Inuktitut from Canada in Unified Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics script--><p xml:lang="iu-ike-CA-Cans">ᑐᙵᓱ</p>
<!--Japanese from Japan in Hiragana + Katakana script from Japan--><p xml:lang="ja-Hrkt-JA">ようこそ</p>
<!--Burmese from Myanmar in Burmese script--><p xml:lang="my-MM-Mymr">ကြိုဆိုပါတယ်</p>
<!--Klingon variant in International Phonetic Alphabet script--><p xml:lang="tlh-fonipa">jɪʔɛl</p>
<!--Klingon variant in Latin script--><p xml:lang="tlh-Latn"><sub alias="Yee'Hell">yI'el</p>
<!--Klingon in Piqd script--><p xml:lang="tlh-Piqd"><sub alias="Yee'Hell"></p>
<!--Yiddish in Hebrew script--><p xml:lang="yi-Hebr">ברוך־הבא</p>
<!--English in Emoji script<p xml:lang="en-x-EMOJI">U+1F60A</p>-->
<!--French in Donger (emojicons, emoticons, kaomoji, Japanese emoticons, or text faces) script--><p xml:lang="fr-x-DONGER"> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯</p>

</body>
</html>
I tried to be faithful to RFC 5646 and conformant to the IANA language-subtag-registry

MOBI Book:
Spoiler:

When displayed it shows:
Spoiler:
Code:
Welkom

እንኳን ደህና መጣህ።

Bienveniu

আদৰণি

Xoş gəlmişsiniz!

Добре дошло

স্বাগতম

Dobrodošli

Benvingut

Bi xêr bî

Vítejte

Croeso

Velkommen

Willkommen

Καλώς Όρισες

Welcome

Bonvenon

Bienvenido

Bienvenido

Tere tulemast

Ongi etorri

خوش آمدی

Tervetuloa

Bienvenue

Fáilte

Ἀσπάζομαι!

પધારો

सवागत हैं

Dobrodošli

Üdvözlet

Բարի գալուստ!

Benvenite!

Selamat datang

Velkominn

Benvenuto

fi'i

კეთილი იყოს თქვენი

Tikilluarit

Be xer hatî

ಸುಸ್ವಾಗತ

환영합니다

Bi xêr bî

Salve

Бонвени

Sveiki atvykę

Sveiki atvykę

Добредојдовте

സ്വാഗതം

स्वागत आहे

Selamat datang

Ximopanōltih

स्वागतम्

Welkom

Velkommen

ସ୍ବାଗତ

ਜੀ ਆਇਆ ਨੂੰ।

Bon bini

Witajcie

Bem-vindo

Bine ai venit

Добро пожаловать!

සාදරයෙන් පිලිගන්නවා

Vitaj

Dobrodošli

Mirë se vjen

Добродошли

Välkommen

வாருங்கள்

సుస్వాగతం<

Hoş geldin

خوش آمدي

Được tiếp đãi ân cần

歡迎光臨

欢迎

歡迎

欢迎光临

Ceci est une table française

This is an english table. Same spelling but different prononciation:

Table,

Table!

Chelloveck Droog

ᑐᙵᓱ

ようこそ

ကြိုဆိုပါတယ်

jɪʔɛl

yI'el



ברוך־הבא

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When spoken via "espeak -m -f welcome.html -w welcome.wav" it sounds:
Spoiler:

...Hoping you can have some fun too.

Last edited by PoP; 03-05-2017 at 12:58 PM. Reason: cross linking to KOreader forum
Old 03-05-2017, 11:54 AM   #35
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Now if you could find a tag to change the voice, the Klingon might sound better spoken in a whiskey-bass voice.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:06 PM   #36
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
Reading eSpeak documentation, I found the -m switch which causes eSpeak to interpret some SSML tags when reading an htlm file.

I was interested in the xml:lang tag to have the speech synthetizer switching languages according to the markup. Perhaps integrating eSpeak to Koreader that way could provide multilingual TTS with minimum effort.

So, with the help of Omniglot, I created a book to speak "Welcome" in all of the languages supported by eSpeak:

"welcome.html" source:
Spoiler:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?><!--<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">--><html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<style>
p {text-align: center}
<!--Should be U+1D800-U+1DAAF per Unicode v9, is U+40001-U+4FFFF (invalid ) per following font 
@font-face {
  font-family: "SuttonSignWriting";
  src: 
    local('SuttonSignWriting'),
    url("../Fonts/SuttonSignWriting.ttf");
}
.ssw {font-family: "SuttonSignWriting-Regular"; }
@font-face {
  font-family: "SuttonSignWritingFill";
  src: 
    local('SuttonSignWritingFill'),
    url("../Fonts/SuttonSignWritingFill.ttf");
}
.sswf {font-family: "SuttonSignWritingFill-Regular"; }
-->
</style>
</head>
<body>
<!--Afrikaans--><p xml:lang="af-ZA">Welkom</p>
<!--Amharic from Ethiopia in Ethiopic script--><p xml:lang="am-ET-Ethi">እንኳን ደህና መጣህ።</p>
<!--Aragonese from Spain in Latin script--><p xml:lang="an-ES-Latn">Bienveniu</p>
<!--Assamese from India in Bengali script--><p xml:lang="as-IN-Beng">আদৰণি</p>
<!--Azerbaijani from Azerbaijan in Latin script--><p xml:lang="az-AZ-Latn">Xoş gəlmişsiniz!</p>
<!--Bulgarian from Bulgary in Cyrillic script--><p xml:lang="bg-BG-Cyrl">Добре дошло</p>
<!--Bengali from Bangladesh in Bengali script--><p xml:lang="bn-BD-Beng">স্বাগতম</p>
<!--Bosnian from Bosnia and Herzegovina in Latin script--><p xml:lang="bs-BA-Latn">Dobrodošli</p>
<!--Catalan from Spain in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ca-ES-Latn">Benvingut</p>
<!--Central Kurdish (Sorani) in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ckb-Latn">Bi xêr bî</p>
<!--Czech from Czech Republic in Latin script--><p xml:lang="cs-CZ-Latn">Vítejte</p>
<!--Welsh from United Kingdom in Latin script--><p xml:lang="cy-GB-Latn">Croeso</p>
<!--Danish from Denmark in Latin script--><p xml:lang="da-DK-Latn">Velkommen</p>
<!--German from Germany in Latin script--><p xml:lang="de-DE-Latn">Willkommen</p>
<!--Modern Greek from Greece in Greek script--><p xml:lang="el-GR-Grek">Καλώς Όρισες</p>
<!--English American from United States in Latin script--><p xml:lang="en-US-Latn">Welcome</p>
<!--Esperanto in Latin script--><p xml:lang="eo-Latn">Bonvenon</p>
<!--Spanish from Spain in Latin script--><p xml:lang="es-ES-Latn">Bienvenido</p>
<!--Spanish from Latin America in Latin script--><p xml:lang="es-419-Latn">Bienvenido</p>
<!--Estonian from Estonia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="et-EE-Latn">Tere tulemast</p>
<!--Basque from Spain in Latin script--><p xml:lang="eu-ES-Latn">Ongi etorri</p>
<!--Persian (Farsi) from Islamic Republic of Iran in Arab script--><p xml:lang="fa-IR-Arab">خوش آمدی</p>
<!--Finnish from Finland in Latin script--><p xml:lang="fi-FI-Latn">Tervetuloa</p>
<!--French Canadian in Latin script--><p xml:lang="fr-CA-Latn">Bienvenue</p>
<!--Irish Gaelic (Latin Gaelic variant) from Ireland in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ga-latg-IE-Latn">Fáilte</p>
<!--Ancient Greek in Greek script--><p xml:lang="grc-Grek">Ἀσπάζομαι!</p>
<!--Gujarati in Gujarati script--><p xml:lang="gu-Gujr">પધારો</p>
<!--Hindi in Devanagari script--><p xml:lang="hi-Deva">सवागत हैं</p>
<!--Croatian from Croatia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="hr-HR-Latn">Dobrodošli</p>
<!--Hungarian from Hungary in Latin script--><p xml:lang="hu-HU-Latn">Üdvözlet</p>
<!--Armenian from Armenia in Armenian script--><p xml:lang="hy-AM-Armn">Բարի գալուստ!</p>
<!--International Auxiliary Language (interlingua) in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ia-Latn">Benvenite!</p>
<!--Indonesian from Indonesia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="id-ID-Latn">Selamat datang</p>
<!--Icelandic from Island in Latin script--><p xml:lang="is-IS-Latn">Velkominn</p>
<!--Italian from Italy in Latin script--><p xml:lang="it-IT-Latn">Benvenuto</p>
<!--Lojban in Latin script--><p xml:lang="jbo-Latn">fi'i</p>
<!--Georgian from Georgia in Georgian script--><p xml:lang="ka-GE-Geor">კეთილი იყოს თქვენი</p>
<!--Greenlandic from Greenland in Latin script--><p xml:lang="kl-GL-Latn">Tikilluarit</p>
<!--Northern Kurdish (Kurmanji) in Latin script--><p xml:lang="kmr-Latn">Be xer hatî</p>
<!--Kannada from India in Kannada script--><p xml:lang="kn-IN-Knda">ಸುಸ್ವಾಗತ</p>
<!--Korean from South Korea in Hangul script--><p xml:lang="ko-KR-Kore">환영합니다</p>
<!--Kurdish in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ku-Latn">Bi xêr bî</p>
<!--Classical Latin in Latin script--><p xml:lang="la-Latn">Salve</p>
<!--Lingua Franca Nova in Cyrilic script--><p xml:lang="lfn-Cyrl">Бонвени</p>
<!--Lithuanian from Lithuania in Latin script--><p xml:lang="lt-LT-Latn">Sveiki atvykę</p>
<!--Latvian from Latvia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="lv-LV-Latn">Sveiki atvykę</p>
<!--Macedonian from Macedonia in Cyrilic script--><p xml:lang="mk-MK-Cyrl">Добредојдовте</p>
<!--Malayalam from India in Mlym script--><p xml:lang="ml-IN-Mlym">സ്വാഗതം</p>
<!--Marathi from India in Devanagari script--><p xml:lang="mr-IN-Deva">स्वागत आहे</p>
<!--Malay from Malaysia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="ms-MY-Latn">Selamat datang</p>
<!--Nahuatl (Aztec) from Mexico in Latin script--><p xml:lang="nci-MX-Latn">Ximopanōltih</p>
<!--Nepali from Nepal in Devanagari script--><p xml:lang="ne-NP-Deva">स्वागतम्</p>
<!--Dutch from Netherlands in Latin script--><p xml:lang="nl-NL-Latn">Welkom</p>
<!--Norwegian from Norway in Latin script--><p xml:lang="no-NO-Latn">Velkommen</p>
<!--Oriya from India in Oriya script--><p xml:lang="or-IN-Oriya">ସ୍ବାଗତ</p>
<!--Punjabi in Gurmukhi script--><p xml:lang="pa-Guru">ਜੀ ਆਇਆ ਨੂੰ।</p>
<!--Papiamento in Latin script--><p xml:lang="pap-Latn">Bon bini</p>
<!--Polish from Poland in Latin script--><p xml:lang="pl-PL-Latn">Witajcie</p>
<!--Portuguese from Portugal in Latin script--><p xml:lang="pt-PT-Latn">Bem-vindo</p>
<!--Romanian from Romania--><p xml:lang="ro-RO-Latn">Bine ai venit</p>
<!--Russian from Russia in Cyrilic script--><p xml:lang="ru-RU-Cyrl">Добро пожаловать!</p>
<!--Sinhalese from Sri Lanka in Sinhala script--><p xml:lang="si-LK-Sinh">සාදරයෙන් පිලිගන්නවා</p>
<!--Slovak from Slovakia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="sk-SK-Latn">Vitaj</p>
<!--Slovenian from Slovenia in Latin script--><p xml:lang="sl-SI-Latn">Dobrodošli</p>
<!--Albanian from Albania in Latin script--><p xml:lang="sq-AL-Latn">Mirë se vjen</p>
<!--Serbian from Serbia in Cyrilic script--><p xml:lang="sr-RS-Cyrl">Добродошли</p>
<!--Swedish from Sweden in Latin script--><p xml:lang="sv-SE-Latn">Välkommen</p>
<!--Tamil from Sri Lanka in Tamil script--><p xml:lang="ta-LK-Taml">வாருங்கள்</p>
<!--Telugu from India in Telugu script (espeak no envelope?)--><p xml:lang="te-IN-Telu">సుస్వాగతం<</p>
<!--Turkish from Turkey in Latin script--><p xml:lang="tr-TR-Latn">Hoş geldin</p>
<!--Urdu from Pakistan in  Arab script--><p xml:lang="ur-PK-Arab">خوش آمدي</p>
<!--Vietnamese from Vietnam in Latin script--><p xml:lang="vi-VN-Latn">Được tiếp đãi ân cần</p>
<!--Chinese Mandarin Traditional from China --><p xml:lang="zh-cmn-Hant-CN">歡迎光臨</p>
<!--Chinese Mandarin Simplified from China--><p xml:lang="zh-cmn-Hans-CN">欢迎</p>
<!--Chinese Cantonese Traditional from Hong Kong--><p xml:lang="zh-yue-Hant-HK">歡迎</p>
<!--Chinese Cantonese Simplified from Hong Kong--><p xml:lang="zh-yue-Hans-HK">欢迎光临</p>

<p xml:lang="fr-CA">Ceci est une <I>table</I> française</p>
<p xml:lang="en-US">This is an english <I>table</I>. Same spelling but different prononciation:</p>
<p xml:lang="fr-CA"><I>Table,</I></p>
<break time="2s"/>
<p xml:lang="en-US"><I>Table!</I></p>

<!--American Sign Language from United States in Sutton SignWriting script U+1D800-U+1DAAF <div class="ssw"><p xml:lang="ase-US-Sgnw">񏈕񀀁񀀂񀀃񀀄</div></p>-->
<!--English NADSAT (my creation) in latin script just to use the private tag--><p xml:lang="en-Latn-x-NADSAT">Chelloveck Droog</p>
<!--Eastern Canadian Inuktitut from Canada in Unified Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics script--><p xml:lang="iu-ike-CA-Cans">ᑐᙵᓱ</p>
<!--Japanese from Japan in Hiragana + Katakana script from Japan--><p xml:lang="ja-Hrkt-JA">ようこそ</p>
<!--Burmese from Myanmar in Burmese script--><p xml:lang="my-MM-Mymr">ကြိုဆိုပါတယ်</p>
<!--Klingon variant in International Phonetic Alphabet script--><p xml:lang="tlh-fonipa">jɪʔɛl</p>
<!--Klingon variant in Latin script--><p xml:lang="tlh-Latn"><sub alias="Yee'Hell">yI'el</p>
<!--Klingon in Piqd script--><p xml:lang="tlh-Piqd"><sub alias="Yee'Hell"></p>
<!--Yiddish in Hebrew script--><p xml:lang="yi-Hebr">ברוך־הבא</p>
<!--English in Emoji script<p xml:lang="en-x-EMOJI">U+1F60A</p>-->
<!--French in Donger (emojicons, emoticons, kaomoji, Japanese emoticons, or text faces) script--><p xml:lang="fr-x-DONGER"> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯</p>

</body>
</html>
I tried to be faithful to RFC 5646 and conformant to the IANA language-subtag-registry

MOBI Book:
When displayed it shows:
Spoiler:
Code:
Welkom

እንኳን ደህና መጣህ።

Bienveniu

আদৰণি

Xoş gəlmişsiniz!

Добре дошло

স্বাগতম

Dobrodošli

Benvingut

Bi xêr bî

Vítejte

Croeso

Velkommen

Willkommen

Καλώς Όρισες

Welcome

Bonvenon

Bienvenido

Bienvenido

Tere tulemast

Ongi etorri

خوش آمدی

Tervetuloa

Bienvenue

Fáilte

Ἀσπάζομαι!

પધારો

सवागत हैं

Dobrodošli

Üdvözlet

Բարի գալուստ!

Benvenite!

Selamat datang

Velkominn

Benvenuto

fi'i

კეთილი იყოს თქვენი

Tikilluarit

Be xer hatî

ಸುಸ್ವಾಗತ

환영합니다

Bi xêr bî

Salve

Бонвени

Sveiki atvykę

Sveiki atvykę

Добредојдовте

സ്വാഗതം

स्वागत आहे

Selamat datang

Ximopanōltih

स्वागतम्

Welkom

Velkommen

ସ୍ବାଗତ

ਜੀ ਆਇਆ ਨੂੰ।

Bon bini

Witajcie

Bem-vindo

Bine ai venit

Добро пожаловать!

සාදරයෙන් පිලිගන්නවා

Vitaj

Dobrodošli

Mirë se vjen

Добродошли

Välkommen

வாருங்கள்

సుస్వాగతం<

Hoş geldin

خوش آمدي

Được tiếp đãi ân cần

歡迎光臨

欢迎

歡迎

欢迎光临

Ceci est une table française

This is an english table. Same spelling but different prononciation:

Table,

Table!

Chelloveck Droog

ᑐᙵᓱ

ようこそ

ကြိုဆိုပါတယ်

jɪʔɛl

yI'el



ברוך־הבא

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When spoken via "espeak -m -f welcome.html -w welcome.wav" it sounds:

...Hoping you can have some fun too.
Good work!
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 01:22 PM   #37
PoP

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Now if you could find a tag to change the voice, the Klingon might sound better spoken in a whiskey-bass voice.

Well, there is an SSML <voice gender="male" name="Worf"> tag but eSpeak doesn't support it. espeak -v russian+croak is the closest that I could find

Code:
espeak [options] ["<words>"]

-f <text file>   Text file to speak
--stdin    Read text input from stdin instead of a file

If neither -f nor --stdin, then <words> are spoken, or if none then text
is spoken from stdin, each line separately.

-a <integer>
           Amplitude, 0 to 200, default is 100
-g <integer>
           Word gap. Pause between words, units of 10mS at the default speed
-k <integer>
           Indicate capital letters with: 1=sound, 2=the word "capitals",
           higher values indicate a pitch increase (try -k20).
-l <integer>
           Line length. If not zero (which is the default), consider
           lines less than this length as end-of-clause
-p <integer>
           Pitch adjustment, 0 to 99, default is 50
-s <integer>
           Speed in words per minute, 80 to 450, default is 175
-v <voice name>
           Use voice file of this name from espeak-data/voices
-w <wave file name>
           Write speech to this WAV file, rather than speaking it directly
-b         Input text encoding, 1=UTF8, 2=8 bit, 4=16 bit 
-m         Interpret SSML markup, and ignore other < > tags
-q         Quiet, don't produce any speech (may be useful with -x)
-x         Write phoneme mnemonics to stdout
-X         Write phonemes mnemonics and translation trace to stdout
-z         No final sentence pause at the end of the text
--compile=<voice name>
           Compile pronunciation rules and dictionary from the current
           directory. <voice name> specifies the language
--ipa      Write phonemes to stdout using International Phonetic Alphabet
                 --ipa=1 Use ties, --ipa=2 Use ZWJ, --ipa=3 Separate with _
--path="<path>"
           Specifies the directory containing the espeak-data directory
--pho      Write mbrola phoneme data (.pho) to stdout or to the file in --phonout
--phonout="<filename>"
           Write phoneme output from -x -X --ipa and --pho to this file
--punct="<characters>"
           Speak the names of punctuation characters during speaking.  If
           =<characters> is omitted, all punctuation is spoken.
--split="<minutes>"
           Starts a new WAV file every <minutes>.  Used with -w
--stdout   Write speech output to stdout
--version  Shows version number and date, and location of espeak-data
--voices=<language>
           List the available voices for the specified language.
           If <language> is omitted, then list all voices.
Code:
To make alternative voices for a language, you can make additional voice files in espeak-data/voices which contains commands to change various voice and pronunciation attributes. See voices.html.

Alternatively there are some preset voice variants which can be applied to any of the language voices, by appending + and a variant name. Their effects are defined by files in espeak-data/voices/!v.

The variants are +m1 +m2 +m3 +m4 +m5 +m6 +m7 for male voices, +f1 +f2 +f3 +f4 +f5 for female voices, and +croak +whisper for other effects.

Last edited by PoP; 03-05-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Tags
espeak, speech, synthesizer, text to speak, tts