Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
dirtylc
Enthusiast
dirtylc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 (the best one!)
MOBILEREAD WHATS UP!!

Hey whats up folks dirtylc aka Alex from NJ. I am into all sorts of books. Everything from the classics (ie Orwell, Dumas, and Dostoevsky) to new age stuff from numerous authors. I have a K1 and am completely disgusted with K2.
dirtylc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtylc View Post
Hey whats up folks dirtylc aka Alex from NJ. I am into all sorts of books. Everything from the classics (ie Orwell, Dumas, and Dostoevsky) to new age stuff from numerous authors. I have a K1 and am completely disgusted with K2.

Hello, dirtylc, and welcome to MobileRead. Thanks for 'reposting'!

You'll find lots of great books uploaded here for your reading pleasure. You'll want the 'mobipocket' format.

I'm afraid there is going to be a great schism between the K1 and K2 folks.

Ask questions, and jump in on any thread that catches your interest. Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I have a 505 and it's better than K2 AND K1, mwahahahhahahhah!!

Just kidding Welcome to MR!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post

Just kidding Welcome to MR!
Oh, you are just asking for it, girlie!!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Oh, you are just asking for it, girlie!!
You know I'm just jealous because I can't have a Cole Haan cover
Old 02-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Keep telling yourself that.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Which should tell you where the sony stands.......
Old 02-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:

So buy it! Stick a little velcro on that sucker and have at it!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Which should tell you where the sony stands.......
Well they did have a Dooney & Bourke cover, which is a bigger name in leather.

But Cole Haan is getting very big. Probably because I spend so much money there They actually just started getting their first knockoffs (sounds bad but PR wise its a good thing, for purse makers)
Old 02-09-2009, 01:50 PM   #10
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi dirtylc and welcome to the Forum. What exit you from?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi! Welcome!

Quote:

I'm afraid there is going to be a great schism between the K1 and K2 folks.
How uncouth. We Sony 505 owners have a very amicable relationship with the 700 owners. Of course, we all have a prettier device than the Kindlers, so ....

Quote:

!
See my comment to desertgrandma (the other DG) above. ::smugsmirk::
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote