Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-16-2017, 01:20 AM   #1
PolyWogg
PolyWogg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Sort order of library names

I've searched through the previous posts, and I suspect I'm not describing something the right way as I found nothing, yet I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this. I did find warning not to ask about file structures, and this isn't about that, so I should be okay.

I have 11 libraries, and when I go to QUICKSWITCH, they're all listed willy-nilly. I'd be fine if they were alphabetical, or the order I created them perhaps, or the last time I edited them, but I have no idea what the order is. I really want alphabetical, with basically the following order:

A1 Testing (this is where I play with imports etc so they don't risk messing up an existing library)

Bx Working (so B1 is general, B2 is Non-fiction, etc...generally this is my import library waiting to be processed into my "final" libraries).

Cx Two formal libraries (C1 for Amazon downloads and C2 for Gutenberg imports)

Dx Final (D1 for current TBR file, D2 for ones actively installed on Kindle or Kobo or two different Android devices, D3 for Read, and D4 for reviewed).

I know I could do it all in one library with tags, but I like the symmetry to my workflow to move things from A to B to C to D without risking messing up any other parts of my library, plus I have different views in each, etc.

My only challenge is that when I go to switch from one library to another, here's what shows up in the QUICKSWITCH list:

D2 Active
D1 Current
E3 Reviewed
A1 Testing

etc.

Or at least it is now. Once I switch around a few libraries, the order changes.

Is there some way to sort that list? Not a big problem, maybe just the OCD in me. But it seems like there should be a toggle or something somewhere in the settings to have those in some sort of order, but I don't know what it is or even what to call it to improve my searching. I am willing to remove libraries and re-add them in order if that helps.

I feel like I'm almost looking for Library Metadata with a "library sort" field, the same way Book MetaData has a "title" and a "title sort" option. As I said at the beginning, I don't think I'm talking about the file structure, I don't care how that is stored, just the GUI presentation.

Any help gratefully accepted.

PolyWogg
PolyWogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:47 AM   #2
MerlinMama
Evangelist
MerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beautyMerlinMama does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Preferences=>Tweaks=>Sort the list of libraries alphabetically
MerlinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:19 PM   #3
PolyWogg
PolyWogg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Sort order for library names

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMama View Post
Preferences=>Tweaks=>Sort the list of libraries alphabetically
Wow, I searched a LONG time for that, and it isn't like it is too far off my search criteria. Can't believe I didn't find it. But thank you, thank you, thank you, a 1000 books thank you!

The weird part is it basically says "default is most used libraries first", not sure that was accurate but okay, but then said if it goes over the value, it will sort alphabetically. It was set for 10 and I had 11. But wasn't sorting alpha.

I changed it to 5 as the limit, sorts perfectly!

Thank you, merci beaucoup, muchos gracias!

PolyWogg
PolyWogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:32 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyWogg View Post
Wow, I searched a LONG time for that, and it isn't like it is too far off my search criteria. Can't believe I didn't find it. But thank you, thank you, thank you, a 1000 books thank you!

The weird part is it basically says "default is most used libraries first", not sure that was accurate but okay, but then said if it goes over the value, it will sort alphabetically. It was set for 10 and I had 11. But wasn't sorting alpha.

I changed it to 5 as the limit, sorts perfectly!

Thank you, merci beaucoup, muchos gracias!

PolyWogg
Most recent First, the rest follow in order of last access
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
libraries, quick switch, sort order