Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #1
AeonX2
AeonX2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD & One
Transfering Reading Stats to Aura One

So I just got my Aura One yesterday and I've been looking around for a way to transfer my reading stats from my Aura HD to the new device, but I haven't really been able to find any conclusive information on whether it is possible or not.
The majority of my library is not through my kobo account, rather synced through calibre so I'm not sure if that'd have any effect on it or not.

It's really nice to see it updated whenever I've finished a book and I'd hate to have it gone, any help would be really appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TbXmcNK.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	913.3 KB
ID:	154109  
AeonX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
It depends on what you want. If you want to sync the reading status of the books, you can use my Kobo Utilities to store them in calibre and then sync to the new device. This should give you the finished books stat.

If you want to sync the number of hours read, it's different matter. Several people have reported moving the database from one device to another successfully. Ideally, you do this with the devices at the same firmware level. And you might need to copy the contents of the "user" table from the Aura ONE database to get it working. There has been discussion on this with the other devices, but, I don't remember if anyone has done this successfully for the Aura ONE.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:55 PM   #3
AeonX2
AeonX2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD & One
Yeah that's what I had found as well, I was hoping someone might have tried it with the One, oh well.
But thanks for the help, I'll take your advice with the utilities, it will definitely make the process a bit less painful.
AeonX2 is offline   Reply With Quote