Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #256
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I've had intermittent problems with Overdrive at two libraries since the changes were implemented: logging in, or accessing my account after I was logged in. Don't know if the problems were related to the new interface or simply coincidental.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:22 PM   #257
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Well, that's not fair at all, is it?

It acts like a DNS issue, so perhaps they moved a server and I'll have to wait until everything propagates. Odd that I can ping it just fine, but not download a book from the server.

Thanks for giving it a try.

ETA: This is the error I get, if it is in any way helpful in diagnosing what my problem is
Spoiler:
My Kind of Christmas:
IO Error on Network Request.
Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:
https://acs.cdn.overdrive.com/ACSStore1/1071-1/629/3C5/F2/{6293C5F2-C68C-40F0-BB8D-CC959535975A}Fmt410.epub

Event Detail:
Error #2038
--- end ---

Needless to say, there is no error with the connection and the same pc downloads from kobo and netgalley (and is doing so as I type), so....
Do you have the latest 2.01 version of ADE? There was a new one a few years ago and I couldn't download from Google Play books until I updated. Here's the link to 2.01

http://www.adobe.com/support/digital...downloads.html
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:04 PM   #258
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Anyone else having problems downloading any library book today?

I'm pretty sure I've downloaded something from them lately (last couple of days), but today trying to download anything via overdrive from two different libraries just results in an error message about the server where the file resides. Checked Kobo and NetGalley and can download from them fine and tried another computer with different version of ADE and it won't download a library book either, today.
I'm using ADE 2.0.1. Ive downloaded a book from overdrive earlier today. It worked with no problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:05 PM   #259
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem with the T1 and Reader for PC is they use a 1.7.2 version ADE/RMDSK and that might be the problem. I can confirm that ADE 2.0.1 does work.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:34 PM   #260
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem with the T1 and Reader for PC is they use a 1.7.2 version ADE/RMDSK and that might be the problem. I can confirm that ADE 2.0.1 does work.
are you able to use your T1 to access Overdrive?
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:52 PM   #261
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Anyone else having problems downloading any library book today?

I'm pretty sure I've downloaded something from them lately (last couple of days), but today trying to download anything via overdrive from two different libraries just results in an error message about the server where the file resides. Checked Kobo and NetGalley and can download from them fine and tried another computer with different version of ADE and it won't download a library book either, today.
Same here: #2038 with 1.7.2 and E_STREAM_ERROR with ADE 2. I'm afraid the problem is in the Adobe side.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:11 PM   #262
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Same here: #2038 with 1.7.2 ...
Same here.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #263
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
are you able to use your T1 to access Overdrive?
I would have to sort out the DRM on my T1 to be able to access Overdrive.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:25 PM   #264
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

So the problem is that the T1 & Reader for PC won't be able to download from Overdrive because they both use ADE 1.7.2. There is no way around this.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:28 PM   #265
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
I would have to sort out the DRM on my T1 to be able to access Overdrive.
I hope someone else who has a Sony reader will come along and say whether or not their reader is working with Overdrive. I think it's strange that it worked last week but not this week.

I have not had any problems using my PC and Sony reader software to transfer the books to the reader - this is the way I use the library most often - but I do occasionally want to use the reader to access the library directly.

I'll keep trying over the next few days in case maybe the problem will go away - I know at least one person mentioned above that they had had off-and-on problems with the new Overdrive.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:36 PM   #266
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Do you have the latest 2.01 version of ADE? There was a new one a few years ago and I couldn't download from Google Play books until I updated. Here's the link to 2.01

no, not compatible with my designated computer for ADE or with some of my older ereaders.

and doesn't explain why it stopped working after 9:40 AM yesterday, unless they flipped a switch at Overdrive, where there is exactly zero support available. they say "contact your library" - but what would a random librarian know about changes Overdrive made at their site or servers?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:39 PM   #267
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post

I hope everyone bookmarks that link - Adobe doesn't even claim Digital Editions as an app or download on their menus, these days.

Now, to decide if I want to chance breaking one of my functioning machines, in the hopes this works, or just stop letting Adobe make money from my library habit?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:47 PM   #268
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
I hope everyone bookmarks that link - Adobe doesn't even claim Digital Editions as an app or download on their menus, these days.

Now, to decide if I want to chance breaking one of my functioning machines, in the hopes this works, or just stop letting Adobe make money from my library habit?
Well, since you're in the US, you could just use one of your Kindles for library books.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:53 PM   #269
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
So the problem is that the T1 & Reader for PC won't be able to download from Overdrive because they both use ADE 1.7.2. There is no way around this.
Seems to be the case. I just tried to download from an old PC I have ADE 1.7.2.1131 installed on and got the #2038 error. (EDIT: I see Terisa & JohnF already confirmed this)

As I mentioned earlier I had no problem when I tried right after Koland had asked. That was using 2.0.1

Last edited by AnemicOak; 11-30-2016 at 05:24 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:01 PM   #270
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Seems to be the case. I just tried to download from an old PC I have ADE 1.7.2.1131 installed on and got the #2038 error. (EDIT: I see Terisa & JohnF already confirmed this)

As I mentioned earlier I had no problem when I tried right after Koland had asked. That was using 2.0.1
Could you try again? I was able to download yesterday, and today I can't.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote