Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-05-2016, 06:26 AM   #166
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Mine transferred too, I'd say if you've not heard anything, get in touch with support
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:13 AM   #167
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I assume mine would have transferred fine if I'd ever bought anything from Nook. I finished the account transfer process without any issues, anyway.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:43 AM   #168
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Good to hear that it's working for some of us.

I wrote to B&N giving them the exact email address that I was using, and they wrote back to ask for the exact email address that I was using...

I then replied to their response, several times, and my emails were bounced back by postmaster@bn.com with a message that my replies weren't delivered and that the B&N server didn't recognise the B&N Customer Services email address...

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 04-07-2016 at 05:45 AM.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:27 AM   #169
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
That really doesn't inspire confidence, maybe worth asking Sainsburys too? They may have a better way of getting in touch with them.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:28 AM   #170
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I got a response from customer service, also asking for the email of the account, that email address, of course, being the one I was writing from, and the one I'd mentioned in previous emails. We'll see what happens now.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 06:32 AM   #171
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I got a response from customer service, also asking for the email of the account, that email address, of course, being the one I was writing from, and the one I'd mentioned in previous emails. We'll see what happens now.
My experiences with B&N customer service have not been entirely positive. They could certainly learn a lesson from Amazon in that area.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #172
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Oasis2, LibraH20, Voyage, ClaraHD, PW4,
Nothing transferred for me yet but tbh I'm not expecting anything as all my books came from Fictionwise, plus they don't stock the genre of books I bought. I only transferred for the experience.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:25 PM   #173
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
I think I worked out why I didn't get an email. I had to change the email account I was using to a new one and all my puchases were made under the old one.

I emailed them on 1st and had an reply saying that it had been escalated and they would respond in 1 - 5 working days. So hopefully should have a reply by the end of the week.
Had a rely from B & N saying they have passed the problem on to Sainsbury's and I should hear from them within 3 working days. So should be Monday at the latest
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:13 PM   #174
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

B&N say

"Your information has been forwarded your inquiry to the appropriate team for review, and we anticipate that your issue will be resolved within 3 business days. If after this time you feel that you need further assistance, we invite you to chat with one of our agents by clicking on this link:"
Old 04-08-2016, 07:10 PM   #175
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
B&N say

"Your information has been forwarded your inquiry to the appropriate team for review, and we anticipate that your issue will be resolved within 3 business days. If after this time you feel that you need further assistance, we invite you to chat with one of our agents by clicking on this link:"
At which time, you will get a "link expired" message.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:54 AM   #176
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
B&N say

Well, it was a bit longer than 3 business days, but this morning I finally got an email with a link to kick off the transfer process, which I've now done. Whether the books actually transfer is another matter. I did get a £5 voucher to spend with Sainsbury's as well, which is very pleasing, even though I did already have a Sainsbury's account.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:19 PM   #177
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
If you already have a Sainsbury's account you can change the email addie to be the same as the nook account
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #178
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3, PPW3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I hope it goes smoothly Paul. I know when another publisher closed up and transferred all my books to B&N, they all went smoothly but others weren't so lucky. At the very least, though, members on this board know enough to make sure they download and get copies into their Calibre library to guarantee they will have access to their purchased products.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:02 AM   #179
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
I hope it goes smoothly Paul.
It looks like it's not going smoothly. In my Sainsbury account on the nook tranfer page it says "no library found".

I'm beginning to suspect that B&N messed up my Fictionwise transfer and somehow transferred to a US account, even though the account was a UK registered one.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:05 AM   #180
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Oasis2, LibraH20, Voyage, ClaraHD, PW4,
I haven't looked for ages but they did tell me transfers wouldn't be complete until July, plus none of us really know yet (I think) if the Fictionwise books will transfer.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote