Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-14-2016, 01:08 PM   #121
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KVoyage, KOasis 2, KPW4, FHD8
okay who broke Sainsburys.....

I got my transfer email through but the link to Sainsburys to start the process produces the following message

'whoops
We’re experiencing some technical issues but we’re working to fix them.
Apologies for any inconvenience. Please try again later'

I just checked the FAQS and Sainsburys have taken their site down

Last edited by Josieb1; 03-14-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:44 PM   #122
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Looks like it's back now
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 01:49 PM   #123
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simond View Post
Looks like it's back now
The transfer link is still down.
Old 03-14-2016, 02:52 PM   #124
Josieb1
Wizard

The link is now up but it won't accept my email address, it keeps saying it must be the one registered with Nook, which it is.

The experience of transferring it's not inspiring me with any confidence here.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #125
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
I still haven't received even an initial email.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:32 AM   #126
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
The first FAQ now says

"On or before April 1, 2016, you will receive an email from NOOK with a link to the Sainsbury's migration portal and special instructions on how to transfer your purchased NOOK Books to a new or existing Sainsbury's account.

If you have not received the above referenced email by April 2, 2016, please contact us via the Email Us link located on the right side of this page."

So it looks like it should turn up sometime in the next couple of weeks.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:18 AM   #127
Josieb1
Wizard

pdurrant, you should have received the first email by now though, the link is the second email, not that I can get that to work.

An author friend of mine signed up yesterday and told me no LGBT books exist on the site (she writes MM romanxe) so it will be interesting if I do sign up when they tell me none of my books transfer.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:20 AM   #128
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Their server side problems seem to have been fixed and I was able to migrate my entire library. It was all or nothing really as it was only one book. I did get a £5 voucher which was a nice bonus!
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:10 AM   #129
Josieb1
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
Their server side problems seem to have been fixed and I was able to migrate my entire library. It was all or nothing really as it was only one book. I did get a £5 voucher which was a nice bonus!
I had to ring them and they added me manually as the link registration would not take my email account. It's 90 days for the transfer to take place, if any books get transfered.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #130
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 & T1, Pocketbook Touch Lux 2 (626), Touch Lux 3
Quote:
Still waiting for mine as well!
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 03:59 AM   #131
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
Still waiting for mine as well!
It's nice not to be the only one!
Old 03-16-2016, 07:40 AM   #132
MikeB1972
Gnu
MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeB1972 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook,JetBook Lite,PRS-300-350-505-650,+ran out of space to type
Quote:
It's nice not to be the only one!
So, nook are checking out mobileread and are not sending out updates to anyone using an anthropomorphic animal as an avatar, interesting
MikeB1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:39 PM   #133
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505 & T1, Pocketbook Touch Lux 2 (626), Touch Lux 3
I can log into B&N's US site using my Nook UK account details. All of my ebooks are showing up in the Library there.

Could this be why I haven't received an email to transfer my account to Sainsbury's?
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:11 AM   #134
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiTee View Post
I can log into B&N's US site using my Nook UK account details. All of my ebooks are showing up in the Library there.

Could this be why I haven't received an email to transfer my account to Sainsbury's?
Yes. You have a US account, not a UK account. I have a UK account.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:53 AM   #135
Josieb1
Wizard

Pdurrant, I would contact Sainsburys and ask them to add you manually and mark you as a Nook customer (they must have a trigger) then hopefully your books will transfer over. It's probably easier than trying to contact Nook.