Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 02-03-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Ambling Books going out of business

Just got this by e-mail:

Quote:
Ambling Books is Going Out of Business

The last day you can download audiobooks you have purchased from your bookshelf is Feb 25th, 2016
Please make sure that you have downloaded all of your purchased MP3 audiobooks!

Dear Listeners,

We would like to take a moment to thank you for your support of Ambling Books and for your love of books! We have so enjoyed sharing laughter, tears, and adventures on audio with you.

We are sad to announce at this time that Ambling Books will be going out of Business. Our last day on the internet will be February 25th. We would ask and encourage you to please download any previously purchased books onto your own devices by this time as you will not be able to access them on our web*site after this date.

For those who wonder: Ambling Books is a small family owned business run by a very few people who are passionate about learning, and making positive differences, and about books. Countless weekends and late evening hours have been dedicated to the company by the owner and his wife and they feel that they cannot split their time sufficiently to satisfy all the other demands on their time as well as their com*pany. There are many demands on a small company owner, most of which are of time and money. Cur*rent complications have made it necessary to close the business doors.

We thank you so much for your support and involvement over the years.

Sincerely,
The Ambling Books Team
Not the greatest tragedy that could have come, but some may care. I never found their prices to be competitive.

skinmaan
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Well, poop. I don't think I ever bought any books from them, but I do use their audiobook software on my iPhone. It's my favorite audiobook app. I hope I can find another with the same features before this one is no longer compatible with the future iOS upgrades.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Well, poop. I don't think I ever bought any books from them, but I do use their audiobook software on my iPhone. It's my favorite audiobook app. I hope I can find another with the same features before this one is no longer compatible with the future iOS upgrades.
I paid for Pro version on Amazon with free coins and now it's only compatible with my Nexus 7. I wanted it for my Moto E, but no way am I buying an app from the Play store from a company that's gone under. Time to look for another player.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:31 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I paid for Pro version on Amazon with free coins and now it's only compatible with my Nexus 7. I wanted it for my Moto E, but no way am I buying an app from the Play store from a company that's gone under. Time to look for another player.
My favorite feature of the app is the sleep timer with the "shake to reset timer" option. Let me know if you find another app that has this same feature. It would be nice if Audible would add this to their app. I also like that the Ambling app makes a noise when it's coming to the end of the sleep timer, instead of the Audible app which simply stops without warning.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:12 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
My favorite feature of the app is the sleep timer with the "shake to reset timer" option. Let me know if you find another app that has this same feature. It would be nice if Audible would add this to their app. I also like that the Ambling app makes a noise when it's coming to the end of the sleep timer, instead of the Audible app which simply stops without warning.
Sound like good features. Hopefully you used the Audible apps feedback feature to request they add them. I'll do so later as they sound like nice upgrades to me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:11 AM   #6
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
My personal favorite, Listen Audiobook Player, has configurable shake to wake, though I don't personally use that feature.

It also has sleep notify sounds and fade out.

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:56 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Last Day to Download

Ambling Books is going out of business and today (25 Feb) is the last day to download the titles you've puchased. See this thread for details.

Edit -- extended to 27 Feb @ 12 noon PT

Last edited by tubemonkey; 02-26-2016 at 04:45 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 03:02 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
My personal favorite, Listen Audiobook Player, has configurable shake to wake, though I don't personally use that feature.

It also has sleep notify sounds and fade out.

ApK
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an iPhone version.
Old 02-26-2016, 03:09 PM   #9
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an iPhone version.
D'oh! Details, details....
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote