Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #76
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
On the other hand, I don't really like the idea of trying to claim a warranty when you know for a fact that you caused the damage.
I thought we didn't approve of that around here...

What we do recommend is relying on that when you have jailbroken, but something else non-JB related goes wrong -- it is safe to assume Amazon won't bother to check for a JB.
In fact, while we know they never examined the software for a JB (as a number of people can attest to based on successful returns) I don't know if they would overlook the physical signs of hardware modification.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:43 PM   #77
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cOOler
After short investigations i found that 2 middle pins (D- D+) of usb jack lost connection with pcb.
That is a workmanship, warranty claim.
Regardless of what happened to it afterward.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 03:11 AM   #78
c00ler
c00ler began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 7th
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That board is in storage along with the rest of the project thread materials.

It may be several days before I can get to it.
knc1, sorry for disturbing you - will you get some time to check your storage this week ?
c00ler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 04:33 AM   #79
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00ler View Post
knc1, sorry for disturbing you - will you get some time to check your storage this week ?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...82&postcount=1
Old 10-27-2015, 04:44 AM   #80
c00ler
c00ler began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 7th
Thank you !
c00ler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #81
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
New record, 4 seconds.

Those still waiting for their Hydrogen peroxide - you can stop waiting, you don't need it.

Details and attached document updated, see:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=61
Progress of a sort - - -
The above is just plain wrong. Sorry about that.

= = = =

The 'key' was that I could not reliably reproduce my own work.
Due to the wide variations I was getting - I suspected contamination.

It took me awhile to find it (plus I had to fit that into my available time).
It was the water I was using.
Everything else was 'reagent grade', EXCEPT for the water!

I was using 'distilled water' - which I thought would be 'good enough'.
Wrong, it isn't, at least not the jug(s) I picked up at the store*.

Which probably also explains all of the posted, differing, results on the 'net about any one specific echant combination.
Those differ because of non-reagent grade water.

= = = = =

"Reagent grade water on the cheap -"

Buy water marked as 'purified by reverse osmosis (ro)' -
read all of the fine print on the label to be sure that nothing (like fluoride) has been added.

You'll find that shelved with the other drinking waters.

= = = = =

With that error found - I should be able to test and correct my echant make-up.
All I need is free time.

= = = = =

I would still like to (someday) make a serial-USB converter that fits inside of the Kindle case.
I have gathered (I think) everything I need (once I get past the echant speed bump) but that will take a lot of time.

I decided to first make the adapter mount on the back of the Kindle.
Which will require (after setting options and connecting wire leads) some potting and gluing.

Potting -
I also have a solar cell project in the works, which will need potting.

I would like to improve on my micro-photographic set-up for documenting these tiny parts and connections.

Ah, so - a single answer to all three requirements.
Sylgard 184 from Dow Corning:
http://www.dowcorning.com/applicatio...t.aspx?r=131en

Or, the very similar, Qsil from QSI.

Both available from Amazon (who else?):

http://www.amazon.com/Sylgard-Solar-Encapsulation-Making-Panels/dp/B004IJENBG/ref=pd_bxgy_263_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0YMGZFB9M77T3A35S 7CY#biss-product-description-and-details

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005RYI7C2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailp age_o01_s00

= = = =

It should be obvious that solves the potting of a serial adapter, and the sealing of a solar cell array -
But how does it help with the micro-photography?

You can make lens with it (a similar product is used to make contact lenses).
http://www.osa.org/en-us/about_osa/n..._droplet_lens/

Then add that extra lens to your cell phone or tablet camera.

Steve Lee's original paper is attached.

(*) There are a lot of things which distillation can not remove from water.
Agent Orange is one of them, there are tens of thosands of veterans that can tell you about that one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf boe-5-5-1626.pdf (3.00 MB, 226 views)
File Type: pdf Sylgard_184_data_sheet.pdf (30.0 KB, 297 views)

Tags
hardware, kt2, serial port